Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always a little concerned with O-line transfers. You never know what you’re getting. George Brown and Tommy Kennedy are my examples. Even the Texas kid who transferred to the gators wasn’t all world (Jean Delance)
Much less guessing involved here. This guy has started a season and a half at an FBS program and has proven dependable. Kennedy played FCS level and George Brown went from being a guy who never played at LSU to a guy who never played at Miami.

Advertisement
Miami needs to stop leveraging our roster future by taking all these grad transfers in place of prep recruits otherwise we will never get back to the full 85 man roster. Counting Moise forward takes away a 4 year spot from 2021 and we lose the 4 yr spot from 2020 by only utilizing 1 yr out of 4 yrs af eligibility by taking the grad transfer.

Will Williams provide a significant enough return on the oline worth losing a dlinemen or olinemen from the 2021 class. Considering UM's need for long term depth development.

Regards
Decisions, decisions....

Miami needs to stop leveraging our roster future by taking all these grad transfers in place of prep recruits otherwise we will never get back to the full 85 man roster. Counting Moise forward takes away a 4 year spot from 2021 and we lose the 4 yr spot from 2020 by only utilizing 1 yr out of 4 yrs af eligibility by taking the grad transfer.

Will Williams provide a significant enough return on the oline worth losing a dlinemen or olinemen from the 2021 class. Considering UM's need for long term depth development.

Regards
Miami needs wins next year in the worst way. And, we might just have the best QB we've seen down here in a long time at our disposal for 1 year. If this dude can help us win next year, sign him up. A good win total next year is what's most important to the the future of the program.

Moise can enroll in Fall and count to next year.

That has to be their plan, him taking so long to get scores and then a quality ol popping up. They thought enough of him to stay on him this long I’d doubt they’d just move on.

They think highly of him as a player so If he gets cleared you gotta expect him here at some point.

Advertisement
Man that’s a young line. Redshirt Soph, Redshirt Soph, Redshirt JR, JR, then Grad Transfer if we get this dude. On the bench Rivers True Freshman, Reed Redshirt Soph, Donaldson SR and then Clark and Nelson both Sophs.
It was even younger last year and that was our problem. No matter how you slice it up they will be better this year.

Advertisement
I almost cringe to say this but could they be any worse. I know we said that when we got Enos and we thought his offense would be better then Richt.
Well it sounds like we have a OL coach with a pulse now. Hopefully they snag this Houston transfer and we could have 7-8 guys in the rotation who could somehow be decent. You have a decent line this year it will help King out so much.

Advertisement
Cut out some of his best plays from the shortened game up on Youtube. Looks pretty athletic and strong for his frame.

Can you do the same for his OU vs Houston 2019 game and Houston vs WSU 2019? Let's see how he held up against the big boys. Since he only played in 4 games in 2019. He is # 62 at Right Tackle.

Go Canes

Last edited:
I said this previously but if Manny drops Moise then that would be the ultimate slapdick move.
So Moise can’t get his **** together and holds up the entire recruiting process and it’s Manny’s fault? Let him grey shirt, he’s not gonna see the field this year anyway

Advertisement
So Moise can’t get his **** together and holds up the entire recruiting process and it’s Manny’s fault? Let him grey shirt, he’s not gonna see the field this year anyway
Moise is a good kid. Hard worker ,respectful, leader. Anybody that has met or knows Moise knows that. Many of these kids go through tough times off the field and Willie Moise is no stranger to that. I got to talk with him last week. Believe me when I say this dude has overcome a lot and has worked his *** off to be a cane. It’s all he wants. He has the grades and test scores. Coaches told him what he had to get done to get in and he got it done. As a coach you have to honor your side.

Moise is a good kid. Hard worker ,respectful, leader. Anybody that has met or knows Moise knows that. Many of these kids go through tough times off the field and Willie Moise is no stranger to that. I got to talk with him last week. Believe me when I say this dude has overcome a lot and has worked his *** off to be a cane. It’s all he wants. He has the grades and test scores. Coaches told him what he had to get done to get in and he got it done. As a coach you have to honor your side.
Unless the coaches told him he could enroll in the summer, they will be honoring their word if they enroll him in September.

If he's that dead set on being a Cane, then he should gladly wait a couple extra months while we add a veteran OL who will help us better the program RIGHT NOW. If he loves the program, then he'll want the program to improve if it only means him waiting a couple months to enroll.

And I’ve recently started feeling like this... But at the end of the day, we all want Williams. Let me correct that. We NEED him. We all want to win now! But if we are trying to build a new culture at Miami, we have to stay loyal to the kids that are loyal to us. Because when their careers are done and they make it to the NFL or not. These are the guys who will be loyal after. To be honest that entire 2020 class has the energy to change the culture at Miami. We had some diehard canes in that class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back