Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last spring depth chart 1st team o line before pandemic dismissed football/all campus:
LT- Campbell
LG- Traore
C- Gaynor
RG- Scaife
RT- Herbert

If this was to hold up, but we pull this transfer he can plug & play at RT seamlessly. Plus Rivers or Reed I'm sure will be pushing Traore for that LG spot. Overall, I'll trust Justices judgment.

Advertisement
This guy,Campbell,Zion or Rivers, they are really the only ones who can play the position. This would be a interesting OL

LT Williams
LG Donaldson, Campbell,Rivers or Traore
C Gaynor
RG Clark,Rivers, Campbell
LT Scaife

That's a decent unit
I have heard of a lineman having two left feet, but two LTs? Lol

Last spring depth chart 1st team o line before pandemic dismissed football/all campus:
LT- Campbell
LG- Traore
C- Gaynor
RG- Scaife
RT- Herbert

If this was to hold up, but we pull this transfer he can plug & play at RT seamlessly. Plus Rivers or Reed I'm sure will be pushing Traore for that LG spot. Overall, I'll trust Justices judgment.
Man that’s a young line. Redshirt Soph, Redshirt Soph, Redshirt JR, JR, then Grad Transfer if we get this dude. On the bench Rivers True Freshman, Reed Redshirt Soph, Donaldson SR and then Clark and Nelson both Sophs.

Man that’s a young line. Redshirt Soph, Redshirt Soph, Redshirt JR, JR, then Grad Transfer if we get this dude. On the bench Rivers True Freshman, Reed Redshirt Soph, Donaldson SR and then Clark and Nelson both Sophs.
Aside from Donaldson being excluded due to injury & badly needed weight loss, that would be the oldest, most physically mature unit we could possibly put out there.

Advertisement
Aside from Donaldson being excluded due to injury & badly needed weight loss, that would be the oldest, most physically mature unit we could possibly put out there.
I still think Clark was ok as a true freshman and being thrown into the fire. Yes he and Zion need redshirts but if Traore faulters then we could always turn to Clark.

If they wanted a WR wouldn’t they have went harder after Black?
Black was absolute *** at Michigan relative to the hype he had coming in (Top 100 player in 2017). Two(!) total TD's in 3 years. Mike Harley has been more productive than this kid so that should tell you why he wasn't pursued. I live in Austin and the staff is extremely pumped about the addition but I'll ride with Wiggins, Pope, Payton, Harley, the TE's and the freshman coming in before I waste a scholarship on a below-average WR. Bottom line, you absolutely take Williams.

Advertisement
Black was absolute *** at Michigan relative to the hype he had coming in (Top 100 player in 2017). Two(!) total TD's in 3 years. Mike Harley has been more productive than this kid so that should tell you why he wasn't pursued. I live in Austin and the staff is extremely pumped about the addition but I'll ride with Wiggins, Pope, Payton, Harley, the TE's and the freshman coming in before I waste a scholarship on a below-average WR. Bottom line, you absolutely take Williams.
The Michigan effect.... How you have Black and People's-Jones and can't make any noise on offense with a former 5 star at QB? Tarik when healthy (hasn't been in two years and biggest concern) is a big time talent though. Two years of eligibility remaining.

Reactions: ben
Absolutely. As I said in a previous post you need to take a T before any other position. Especially a guy who has played with King his whole career.

Idk if anyone has legit knowledge on this. But weren’t we supposed to have another scholarship open because Asa Martin bailed last summer?

Advertisement
IDK. I thought we only had 1 spot left for Moise, but maybe they can bring Moise in late when he will count four 2021 and take this dude now.

I watched some film on Williams and he's got good strength and very solid athleticism for his size. The problem is his football awareness is poor. He constantly blocks the wrong person or gets so confused he doesn't block anyone at all. When he knows who he's blocking before the snap he usually always wins but when defenses start disguising blitz, Stunts or overloads his side he gets extremely confused.

If this kid has warm blood flowing through his veins then plug him in at LT.

LT Williams / Campbell
LG Traore / Rivers
C Gaynor / Clark
RG Donaldson / Reed
RT Scaife / Nelson
Dont think Donaldson will be ready physically for next season, be is severely overweight and has not recovered from his acl injury from the end of last season.

Advertisement
This is the most important remaining piece in the puzzle. I love Moise, he deserves a scholarship over half the other kids in the class. But if it’s an either/or, find a way to grey shirt Moise in the Fall and use the scholarship on Williams.

The Michigan effect.... How you have Black and People's-Jones and can't make any noise on offense with a former 5 star at QB? Tarik when healthy (hasn't been in two years and biggest concern) is a big time talent though. Two years of eligibility remaining.
It’s called garbage QB play. Patterson wasn’t any Good.

I watched some film on Williams and he's got good strength and very solid athleticism for his size. The problem is his football awareness is poor. He constantly blocks the wrong person or gets so confused he doesn't block anyone at all. When he knows who he's blocking before the snap he usually always wins but when defenses start disguising blitz, Stunts or overloads his side he gets extremely confused.

Well at least he can put a body on the wrong guy. That in itself is an upgrade over what we saw last year from our group. Bring him in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back