Hot ****!! Did Brad Kaaya say UM could be a Title Contender

Advertisement
I am hoping Brad Kaaya has a great year and somehow this team can find the heart, focus, will and chemistry to have a great season. With that said, I have not seen anything from this coaching staff in four years to motivate, inspire, coach or lead UM to return to being elite.

Kaaya is real balla with ole school swag.

And what's a player who knows he has the ability and chance to beat any of his opponents in upcoming season?

I played on a good solid team and our mindset was expecting to win every game when we strap it up!

I'd expect Kaaya to represent nothing less.

Brad Kaaya is the sole reason we actually have a chance to be better than .500 this year. He is the real deal

Advertisement
Kaaya is a stud qb. Haven't seen a qb at that age this mature in years..

who recruited him? this coaching staff? yet you want to bash the same coaching staff.

idiots.

You must have missed the 20+ recruits he recruited and left the program. One player doesn't reflect on a coaching staff's production. Notice that Kaaya is literally the only player anyone is talking about. That's no bueno.

And every other program doesn't have players who leave?

LOL.

A whole team can be fielded with players that left Folden. Has to be more than any other program in the country. LOL

#BBB

Yeah, a whole crappy team.

Any of those players make it big at other programs? Any of them?

I've really ceased posting for a long time because it's apparant that anyone that supports the staff is lambasted on this site.

Here's the reality, whether you like it or not.

Golden inherited a program that was a joke. Remember what Alonzo Highsmith said about the talent level and development at the Canes before Golden got here?
Said we were a joke amongst NFL types. "What happened to your Canes?"

It's the 5th year, and a make or break year for the staff. We run a pro style offense, and a complicated, NFL style defense, and it seems that we finally have the talent, depth and experience to make it work.

From what the players have been saying, any negative influences are gone. It's all about the team, and not about personal goals.

I think this year we are going to see a real good if not potentially great team, whether you haters like it or not.

who recruited him? this coaching staff? yet you want to bash the same coaching staff.

idiots.

You must have missed the 20+ recruits he recruited and left the program. One player doesn't reflect on a coaching staff's production. Notice that Kaaya is literally the only player anyone is talking about. That's no bueno.

LOL.

A whole team can be fielded with players that left Folden. Has to be more than any other program in the country. LOL

#BBB

I've really ceased posting for a long time because it's apparant that anyone that supports the staff is lambasted on this site.

Golden inherited a program that was a joke. Remember what Alonzo Highsmith said about the talent level and development at the Canes before Golden got here?

It's the 5th year, and a make or break year for the staff. We run a pro style offense, and a complicated, NFL style defense, and it seems that we finally have the talent, depth and experience to make it work.

From what the players have been saying, any negative influences are gone. It's all about the team, and not about personal goals.

I think this year we are going to see a real good if not potentially great team, whether you haters like it or not.

So we didn't have the depth, talent, and experience to make it work last season?

This post seems nearly identical to just about everything the apologists posted before last season.

"Make of break year."
"Loaded with experience and talent on offense and defense."
"We've had 6, 7, and 9-win seasons under Golden, time to take the next step"
Etc, Etc.

Here's the issue I have with this post - there's an insinuation that people dislike the staff simply because they're miserable human beings who hate simply to hate.

The fact is that Golden and Co. are generally reviled because they have under-performed and there really isn't any excuse for underperforming. Everyone that dislikes this staff is completely justified in their disdain.

Moreover, at this point, there isn't really any reason to point to the bare cupboard Shannon left Golden. Just about everyone on last season's team was recruited by the current staff. How many years does this guy need to build a program? 10? 20?

It's not surprising that every blind optimist is using the "team chemistry" horseshlt as some sort of rationale for why we'll be better. After all, even the most braindead of dorks who post here will admit we grossly underachieved last season. So in an effort to deflect the blame from the coaches, why not blame the players and say they're the ones who created a culture that led to such a poor season?

In reality, that's a bunch of hot garbage. Referencing Team Chemistry and Unity are desperate attempts to ignore what's right in front your face - we have underachieved for years under this coaching staff.

Talent has never been an issue - we're losing to teams we out-recruited regularly. Some of this board's brightest minds have commented for years that players aren't being used in a way that maximizes their talents. Some of these same minds have claimed we've stuck our nose up at talented high school players from the area that could contribute and help this team succeed.

This is why we suck. It's not because past players are selfish. It's not because we didn't have talent. It's not because we didn't have depth.

So before you start trying to explain what the "reality" is to everyone, remember that it was people like you pounding your chests a year ago about how we were gonna curbstomp Louisville and roll to the ACC title game, only to disappear when that didn't happen.

Now you're back for more, but given Golden's track record, you'll probably be disappearing from the board again next year.

UM is a title contender for best 4-8 team with Adidas uniforms that plays in No Life Stadium. Thats about it.

I am going to believe him until I see the product on the field against Bethune-Cookman. Then, I'll go back to my good old apathetic self.

Advertisement
If Brad feels he really needs to not only lead, but carry this team to compensate for the really crappy schemes, then there's a distinct possibility that he will on occasion try to hold the ball a bit too long, and get hurt.

Kaaya is a fine young man, and he's hungry. Unlike Golden and crew (minus Art and a couple others).

I still can't figure out what in Hades Golden's goals are. It sure isn't to win. It certainly isn't to use some great S.Fla talent. It isn't to use the built-in quickness and speed he's gotten. He certainly isn't going to utilize our players natural talents and instincts.

It's like they already speeky English, and this dumb SOB demands everyone change over to Mandarin Chinese.

Al, please. GTFOH.

LOL.

#BBB

So we didn't have the depth, talent, and experience to make it work last season?

This post seems nearly identical to just about everything the apologists posted before last season.

"Make of break year."
"Loaded with experience and talent on offense and defense."
"We've had 6, 7, and 9-win seasons under Golden, time to take the next step"
Etc, Etc.

Here's the issue I have with this post - there's an insinuation that people dislike the staff simply because they're miserable human beings who hate simply to hate.

The fact is that Golden and Co. are generally reviled because they have under-performed and there really isn't any excuse for underperforming. Everyone that dislikes this staff is completely justified in their disdain.

Moreover, at this point, there isn't really any reason to point to the bare cupboard Shannon left Golden. Just about everyone on last season's team was recruited by the current staff. How many years does this guy need to build a program? 10? 20?

It's not surprising that every blind optimist is using the "team chemistry" horseshlt as some sort of rationale for why we'll be better. After all, even the most braindead of dorks who post here will admit we grossly underachieved last season. So in an effort to deflect the blame from the coaches, why not blame the players and say they're the ones who created a culture that led to such a poor season?

In reality, that's a bunch of hot garbage. Referencing Team Chemistry and Unity are desperate attempts to ignore what's right in front your face - we have underachieved for years under this coaching staff.

Talent has never been an issue - we're losing to teams we out-recruited regularly. Some of this board's brightest minds have commented for years that players aren't being used in a way that maximizes their talents. Some of these same minds have claimed we've stuck our nose up at talented high school players from the area that could contribute and help this team succeed.

This is why we suck. It's not because past players are selfish. It's not because we didn't have talent. It's not because we didn't have depth.

So before you start trying to explain what the "reality" is to everyone, remember that it was people like you pounding your chests a year ago about how we were gonna curbstomp Louisville and roll to the ACC title game, only to disappear when that didn't happen.

Now you're back for more, but given Golden's track record, you'll probably be disappearing from the board again next year.

Name me one team in the past 30 years that has started a TRUE, not a REDSHIRT, Freshman quarterback and been successful.
The moment we named Kaaya as the starter last year, I knew the season was going to be filled with growing pains. Anyone who didn't was just naive.

When a coaching staff inherits a team that is weak, slow, and entitled, then finds out that every media outlet in the country is saying we are going to get the
death penalty, how good do you expect the team to be. When Ray Ray Armstrong and Vaughn Telemaque are two of the upper class leaders you inherit, you've inherited a pile of crap.

You haters neglect the fact that the talent on this team has grown dramatically on this team each of the past few years in the absolute worst possible environment imaginable for a college football team.

Everyone says the defense is too complicated. It's not too complicated for teams like Alabama or the Seahawks. You guys say we should dumb it down for our players. Pretty insulting to our players if you ask me. Why lower your standards to the lowest denominator? Set the bar high and make your players overachieve.

We can't cover. We can't rush the qb. etc., Whatever.

The defense works. It's worked here, just not for a whole big game, as last year's FSU game shows. You are right about the depth.
When you play 10 percent down in scholarship players for 3 straight years, your depth is going to be lacking.

As for this comment of yours, "So before you start trying to explain what the "reality" is to everyone, remember that it was people like you pounding your chests a year ago about how we were gonna curbstomp Louisville and roll to the ACC title game, only to disappear when that didn't happen."

I disappeared because I, like most true Canes' fans, are disgusted by the sheer vitriol of the vocal minority, who seem to only be content when things go wrong.

Hey, I'm a Canes' fan, so lay on the hate mother****ers, I'm supporting my team through good and bad, no matter what.

Kaaya is a stud qb. Haven't seen a qb at that age this mature in years..

idiots.

LOL.

This is where you show your ignorance. Yes, players leave; however, no other program has lost as many players as Miami has during the Golden era. It's painfully obvious Golden has an issue with the players he recruits. Continue putting your head in the sand and pretending this isn't happening in Miami.

"LOL."

Advertisement
Great QBs make everyone look good, from coaches to supporting talent. If he becomes great we have a shot to do damage.

Name me one team in the past 30 years that has started a TRUE, not a REDSHIRT, Freshman quarterback and been successful.
The moment we named Kaaya as the starter last year, I knew the season was going to be filled with growing pains. Anyone who didn't was just naive.

Are you seriously trying to argue that last season's quarterback - who led the ACC in touchdowns, led the ACC in QBR, was 2nd in touchdowns and won the ACC ROY - was a reason we struggled?

This would be just like saying "how was Golden supposed to win any games in his first season with a true freshman runningback" when everyone **** well knew Duke was one of the most important players on offense from the start of the year at Boston College.

This argument is incredibly stupid.

When a coaching staff inherits a team that is weak, slow, and entitled, then finds out that every media outlet in the country is saying we are going to get the
death penalty, how good do you expect the team to be. When Ray Ray Armstrong and Vaughn Telemaque are two of the upper class leaders you inherit, you've inherited a pile of crap.

Once again, last season was year 4. Those were Golden-recruited players.

We lost to Pittsburgh. We lost to Louisville. We lost to Virginia. We lost to Nebraska. Go ahead and look into every recruiting service on the web. You'll see that despite the dreaded could Golden has loved to milk, we out-recruited those teams. We had more talent than those teams.

This team was not composed of a "pile of crap" last season, as evidenced by the NFL Draft Picks and Signees.

We were out-coached and out-schemed in every loss. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

You haters neglect the fact that the talent on this team has grown dramatically on this team each of the past few years in the absolute worst possible environment imaginable for a college football team.

Everyone says the defense is too complicated. It's not too complicated for teams like Alabama or the Seahawks. You guys say we should dumb it down for our players. Pretty insulting to our players if you ask me. Why lower your standards to the lowest denominator? Set the bar high and make your players overachieve.
We can't cover. We can't rush the qb. etc., Whatever. The defense works. It's worked here, just not for a whole big game, as last year's FSU game shows. You are right about the depth.
When you play 10 percent down in scholarship players for 3 straight years, your depth is going to be lacking.

Where exactly have we grown? Certainly the coaching staff loves fattening up our players, and misusing them (see Anthony Chickillo), but where have we really improved?

Nowhere. This is still a poorly run team all around. We're better conditioned, but that's about it. Not exactly "dramatic" growth.

What you seemingly continue to ignore, is that we still aren't playing to the strengths of our players. Chickillo is the personification of the defense and many players on this team.

We should be running a defense catered to the type of athletes produced in our primary recruiting grounds.

We're not and if you can't see that, you a fcking idiot.

As for this comment of yours, "So before you start trying to explain what the "reality" is to everyone, remember that it was people like you pounding your chests a year ago about how we were gonna curbstomp Louisville and roll to the ACC title game, only to disappear when that didn't happen."

I disappeared because I, like most true Canes' fans, are disgusted by the sheer vitriol of the vocal minority, who seem to only be content when things go wrong.

Hey, I'm a Canes' fan, so lay on the hate mother****ers, I'm supporting my team through good and bad, no matter what.

The point is that you figure after acting like a total condescending **** to anyone who questioned the coaching staff last year, you might temper your expectations as bit.

There isn't a single 'Canes fans that is content right now, haters included. But not everyone is going to ride the head coaches ******* the way you have and operate on blind faith when, in reality, the coaching staff has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to demonstrate it can lead the team to success.

We can't cover. We can't rush the qb. etc., Whatever.

The defense works. It's worked here, just not for a whole big game, as last year's FSU game shows. You are right about the depth.

Define "successful" in the context of your question.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back