Horrible gut-wrenching and unbelievably depressing feeling

The team goal was to get to the ACCCG. Thats over. The season is a failure. Golden need to be canned. Season over in week 6. The good thing, we have more games for it to get worse and our ineptitude driven home. Unlike if it was a late season collapse. More games fro them to see that the fan base is really over this clown. There is no more spin left for Golden. He has used excuses and arrogance since he got here and no one is buying it anymore. He's getting canned either after FSU or VT.

Advertisement
Golden didn't have any loyalty, he was gone if PSU offered him the job. BTW, we'd probably be unbeaten and in the top 10 had he left.

What? we have plenty of Quality on the DL. This isn't an excuse anymore. the DE's next year: AQM, McCord, Trent Harris, Chad Thomas, DJax. DTs: Hurt,Jenkins,Kamalu,Moten,Wyche. If that isn't Quality then I don't know what is. The scheme makes them look bad. Everyone over thinks every play which makes them play slow and on their heels. Change in scheme will make the Front 4 become drastically better. When that group of 10 players is able to play fast and aggressive you will see a much different Defensive Line.

Even if Al does change the Def scheme.....would it really make a diffrence? do we have 2 solid DT on the team? What about DE's? I think regardless of the scheme....the lack of quality players on the Dline would hurt regardless. Do we have bodies on the line....sure but the problem is we just aren't aggressive on that side of the ball. Look I would be happier if we got beat by blitzing versus playing straight up and making no adjustments during a game.

Is that quality or quantity? Would any of those guys at DT be first rounders? When Miami was on top, they always had one or two first rounders on the line in the middle. Can we say that about those players? Still to be determined. Will scheme change that....who knows. I do however like the DE's that we have.

Are you insane? You don't need f'n FIRST ROUNDER DTs to play good defense. It's nice to have them, but it is not necessary. Go watch TCU.

****, how many first round DTs are there in a given year? 5? Are the teams they come from the only good defenses in CFB?

The team goal was to get to the ACCCG. Thats over. The season is a failure. Golden need to be canned. Season over in week 6. The good thing, we have more games for it to get worse and our ineptitude driven home. Unlike if it was a late season collapse. More games fro them to see that the fan base is really over this clown. There is no more spin left for Golden. He has used excuses and arrogance since he got here and no one is buying it anymore. He's getting canned either after FSU or VT.

It's going to be a lot worse than just not reaching the ACCCG.

I'll be surprised if we finish the regular season above .500. And that is with an incredibly weak schedule. There is far too much talent on this team to suck as badly as we do.

But Golden's going to stick with the process and ignore the outside distractions.

Advertisement
My f'd up feeling is this if miami wins in Virginia tech and that if is bigger than any if you everseen especially cause duke needs to beat GT I can see them beating everyone on schedule, that defense in that duke game was something we have never seen with folden and onofrio and all these offenses are base just like duke no wishbone nothing to exotic for these tards i believe if they follow suit and play exact same defense our team matches well with everyone left on schedule... now if the opposite happens I believe they're gone after this year regardless of folden holding his $10 dollar hello kitty umbrella under the f'n cloud!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412698495.007014.jpg

Horrible gut-wrenching and unbelievably depressing feeling

This is exactly how I felt when I found out Pedo State was NOT going to hire Golden away from us.

FML We were so close to getting rid of this lame duck.

I remember experiencing the same thing-- like someone kicked me in the nuts. We were oh-so close to being rescued, alas wasn't to be. I knew we couldn't be that lucky to have P$U take him off our hands. Just wasn't in the cards. And I KNEW this season was going to go like this. Its just playing out in slow motion, painfully.

That the Admin does not fire *** after the season. This despite a mountain of indefensible empirical evidence and a long term track record of utter failure against any quality competition.

I fully expect BOT and Fake James to do nothing. They will inevitably be pressed about a lack of action, and they will hide behind the financial difficulties of the contract relative to the athletic budget.

Nothing will change until the day this admin makes a commitment to championship football. In other words...we are done.

I beg to differ... Al's contract/buy-out are a sunk cost. We're on the hook for a tidy sum regardless.

If youre the admin & BOT, and you see the body of work that is Golden & Dorito-- it isn't "trending-up." No amount of spin can overcome this train wreck we're watching. If we end up 5-7 or 6-6, AND LOOK BAD doing so (which we will on at least 2-3 occasions in this final stretch), I think they'll have to act. We're obligated to pay him-- so why would we pay him to stay (when its obvious he isn't up to the job) when we can pay his the same sum to go?

Yes, there are the associated costs with paying 2 coaches at once, I get that. But when you make a poor biz decision, you don't just sit there and live with it, and you don't compound the damage, you do everything in your power to extricate yourself from it. To do otherwise only exacerbates the problem.

As much as everyone wants to downplay the importance of the football program to this "newly-minted" academic institution-- there are practical realities involved. Where they could stand pat at an 8-4 or 9-3 season, they probably aren't inclined to do so for 5-7 record in the 4th year. Not after the previous 3 years.

They will be compelled to move on this-- the PR & media scrutiny will tarnish the university too much. No one wants to that for another year.

Advertisement
Coker was fired after 2* nc's and shannon (former player) was fired after 4 seasons. despite what people think, they havent been afraid to have a quick hook. he's finished.

You are right and I don't disagree with anything you wrote. However, my point is the admin has proven one thing in the last 10+ years - building and maintaining a championship football program is NOT a priority. Hence my dire gruesome prediction.

That the Admin does not fire *** after the season. This despite a mountain of indefensible empirical evidence and a long term track record of utter failure against any quality competition.

I fully expect BOT and Fake James to do nothing. They will inevitably be pressed about a lack of action, and they will hide behind the financial difficulties of the contract relative to the athletic budget.

Nothing will change until the day this admin makes a commitment to championship football. In other words...we are done.

I beg to differ... Al's contract/buy-out are a sunk cost. We're on the hook for a tidy sum regardless.

If youre the admin & BOT, and you see the body of work that is Golden & Dorito-- it isn't "trending-up." No amount of spin can overcome this train wreck we're watching. If we end up 5-7 or 6-6, AND LOOK BAD doing so (which we will on at least 2-3 occasions in this final stretch), I think they'll have to act. We're obligated to pay him-- so why would we pay him to stay (when its obvious he isn't up to the job) when we can pay his the same sum to go?

Yes, there are the associated costs with paying 2 coaches at once, I get that. But when you make a poor biz decision, you don't just sit there and live with it, and you don't compound the damage, you do everything in your power to extricate yourself from it. To do otherwise only exacerbates the problem.

As much as everyone wants to downplay the importance of the football program to this "newly-minted" academic institution-- there are practical realities involved. Where they could stand pat at an 8-4 or 9-3 season, they probably aren't inclined to do so for 5-7 record in the 4th year. Not after the previous 3 years.

They will be compelled to move on this-- the PR & media scrutiny will tarnish the university too much. No one wants to that for another year.

You are right and I don't disagree with anything you wrote. However, my point is the admin has proven one thing in the last 10+ years - building and maintaining a championship football program is NOT a priority. Hence my dire gruesome prediction.

I get it... and there's a part of me that can see it playing out as you say... due to their apathy & benign neglect.

But then when I step back and look at the big picture, we're only seeing the tip of the iceburg. The scrutiny and heat haven't even reached critical mass yet. But its coming.

The poor results and embarrassing play will get harder for the administration to stomach. The attacks on the program/Golden are coming from every conceivable angle, from the outside & from within. it's going to be ferocious as the season wears on. No one can stand that kinda heat. At a certain point, it gets so bad that theyre compelled to act... you can only look that bad for so long before a change has to be made. The dollar cost becomes less of an issue b/c of the PR aspects.

I really feel like this is going to happen. I don't think they can stick their head in the sand the way this looks like its gonna play out.

Advertisement
Back