Horrible gut-wrenching and unbelievably depressing feeling

Robbymoto

Redshirt Freshman
That the Admin does not fire *** after the season. This despite a mountain of indefensible empirical evidence and a long term track record of utter failure against any quality competition.

I fully expect BOT and Fake James to do nothing. They will inevitably be pressed about a lack of action, and they will hide behind the financial difficulties of the contract relative to the athletic budget.

Nothing will change until the day this admin makes a commitment to championship football. In other words...we are done.

Advertisement
That the Admin does not fire *** after the season. This despite a mountain of indefensible empirical evidence and a long term track record of utter failure against any quality competition.

I fully expect BOT and Fake James to do nothing. They will inevitably be pressed about a lack of action, and they will hide behind the financial difficulties of the contract relative to the athletic budget.

Nothing will change until the day this admin makes a commitment to championship football. In other words...we are done.

you are 100% correct and this is what a lot of fans fail to realize its bigger than just coaching

I will drink myself into oblivion if Golden isnt fired at the end of the season. Then I will wake up and do it again.

Advertisement
I feel like Golden is feeling no heat at all. He's doing the same thing every week. Defense is getting gashed. Hes making the same excuses every week. And yet he will not change a single thing. If he was feeling heat he would be crazy not to change the scheme. He has to know if he gets fired he wont even get a coordinator job let alone Head coach, and he definitely wont be able to coach with his wife again. Unless golden is crazy, i just dont understand this.

Well I for one feel like a dumb a$$. I actually thought we would see the defense we saw against Duke this past Saturday. You know like actually pressure the QB, play some man, etc. But no, Goldens stubborn b**ch a$$ won't budge.

I feel like Golden is feeling no heat at all. He's doing the same thing every week. Defense is getting gashed. Hes making the same excuses every week. And yet he will not change a single thing. If he was feeling heat he would be crazy not to change the scheme. He has to know if he gets fired he wont even get a coordinator job let alone Head coach, and he definitely wont be able to coach with his wife again. Unless golden is crazy, i just dont understand this.

Im sure he realizes it so he's riding this out like a retirement ship. He's making sure he's future is set. He's getting paid - either buyout or riding out the contract. At this point, he has to be unhireable at any major level. So, stack the checks, become financially set, leave and probably become a teacher at some local NJ or PA highschool

Advertisement
Even if Al does change the Def scheme.....would it really make a diffrence? do we have 2 solid DT on the team? What about DE's? I think regardless of the scheme....the lack of quality players on the Dline would hurt regardless. Do we have bodies on the line....sure but the problem is we just aren't aggressive on that side of the ball. Look I would be happier if we got beat by blitzing versus playing straight up and making no adjustments during a game.

What? we have plenty of Quality on the DL. This isn't an excuse anymore. the DE's next year: AQM, McCord, Trent Harris, Chad Thomas, DJax. DTs: Hurt,Jenkins,Kamalu,Moten,Wyche. If that isn't Quality then I don't know what is. The scheme makes them look bad. Everyone over thinks every play which makes them play slow and on their heels. Change in scheme will make the Front 4 become drastically better. When that group of 10 players is able to play fast and aggressive you will see a much different Defensive Line.

Even if Al does change the Def scheme.....would it really make a diffrence? do we have 2 solid DT on the team? What about DE's? I think regardless of the scheme....the lack of quality players on the Dline would hurt regardless. Do we have bodies on the line....sure but the problem is we just aren't aggressive on that side of the ball. Look I would be happier if we got beat by blitzing versus playing straight up and making no adjustments during a game.

Simple remedy that will hurt as a fan....don't go to any games....don't watch any games....don't purchase any memorabilia. They'll get the point - but that could also lead to the end of our program.

What? we have plenty of Quality on the DL. This isn't an excuse anymore. the DE's next year: AQM, McCord, Trent Harris, Chad Thomas, DJax. DTs: Hurt,Jenkins,Kamalu,Moten,Wyche. If that isn't Quality then I don't know what is. The scheme makes them look bad. Everyone over thinks every play which makes them play slow and on their heels. Change in scheme will make the Front 4 become drastically better. When that group of 10 players is able to play fast and aggressive you will see a much different Defensive Line.

Is that quality or quantity? Would any of those guys at DT be first rounders? When Miami was on top, they always had one or two first rounders on the line in the middle. Can we say that about those players? Still to be determined. Will scheme change that....who knows. I do however like the DE's that we have.

Advertisement

Is that quality or quantity? Would any of those guys at DT be first rounders? When Miami was on top, they always had one or two first rounders on the line in the middle. Can we say that about those players? Still to be determined. Will scheme change that....who knows. I do however like the DE's that we have.
None of those first rounders came to Miami as first rounders. We developed them into bad *** mofos. Some from unknown schools. That's the problem here. Everyone keep talking about where are the first Rounders. Do u see first round mentality being instilled into this team?

Part of the problem is this coaching staff sucks at player development. All they know how to do is make guys bigger. There are no players who have gotten significantly better since they got here. Maybe slightly better for some, but most of them are essentially the same as day one, but bigger and slower.

Horrible gut-wrenching and unbelievably depressing feeling

This is exactly how I felt when I found out Pedo State was NOT going to hire Golden away from us.

FML We were so close to getting rid of this lame duck.

Advertisement
If we are going on just Ratings: Chad Thomas a 5-star. AQM, McCord, Trent Harris and DJax were 4-stars. Moten and Wyche were 4-stars. Our scheme and player development is why they don't look like elite players. If you give any decent Head Coach and D-Coord this group of players, they would be foaming at the mouth.

Part of the problem is this coaching staff sucks at player development. All they know how to do is make guys bigger. There are no players who have gotten significantly better since they got here. Maybe slightly better for some, but most of them are essentially the same as day one, but bigger and slower.

I wish we knew exactly where we stood:

3 Wins 100% he's gone
4 Wins 90%
5 Win's 70%
6 Wins 50%
7 Wins 25%
8 Wins 5%
9 wins 0%

Right now 6-6 looks likely to me, and then there will be a battle at the U after the last game. We really don't know who holds the power at that point with DS on her way out. You have to think a lame duck has far less power. Also, the timing on the new President is very important. If they have been announced but not hired, that is another unknown variable.

At this point they need to fire him, the amount of boosters, alum, former players, etc voicing their displeasure it has to be done, if it doesnt happen the public backlash will be horrible and the university will suffer (from a athletic perspective)

Over/under 6 wins is the threshold, and even then, I doubt the administration will make a move. I feel like the justification will be Golden's loyalty to the program during the investigation, so he will be given another year to right the ship. He stuck by us and that resulted in a new contract. It's not like he was going anywhere anyways. Now we should be judging him on the on field performance (assuming that's still important to the administration).

However, imagine what the fan morale will be like during next offseason. If you think last year was bad, there were still a fair number of supporters and we had a number of excuses to help validate last year's collapse (Duke's injury, lack of DT talent, Snickers, etc.). The entire fan base has lost confidence in his ability to coach and generate the wins needed to keep this program moving forward.

Advertisement
Back