Hopeful Solution for the Stubborn

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
There seems to be some apprehension that Gattis and Mario will want to run the ball in spite of perhaps not having much success and in spite of having a "Heisman Trophy" candidate quarterback. We have seen the stubborn coordinator many times here (D'Onofrio, Enos, Manny and to a certain extent Lashlee with poor inside run calls).

Enter Alonzo Highsmith. We have to listen to what he says. In virtually all of his interviews discussing his job description, he has said that he is here to evaluate talent, the other team and more importantly our own team. I want to believe that if there is compelling evidence that any part of the the offense or defense doesn't work, Alonzo is going to be at the table advocating for adjustments.

Hopefully, Gattis and Steele, and perhaps more importantly Mario, will listen to Alonzo and listen to and actually implement what Steele said last week, that if the players don't get any part of the playbook they can forget about it because it will be discarded. He is going to teach his players what they can do well and not what they cannot do.

tumblr_7f93301c4b2694222a45bb2970210a69_60c4cd58_500.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
There seems to be some apprehension that Gattis and Mario will want to run the ball in spite of perhaps not having much success and in spite of having a "Heisman Trophy" candidate quarterback. We have seen the stubborn coordinator many times here (D'Onofrio, Enos, Manny and to a certain extent Lashlee with poor inside run calls).

Enter Alonzo Highsmith. We have to listen to what he says. In virtually all of his interviews discussing his job description, he has said that he is here to evaluate talent, the other team and more importantly our own team. I want to believe that if there is compelling evidence that any part of the the offense or defense doesn't work, Alonzo is going to be at the table advocating for adjustments.

Hopefully, Gattis and Steele, and perhaps more importantly Mario, will listen to Alonzo and listen to and actually implement what Steele said last week, that if the players don't get any part of the playbook they can forget about it because it will be discarded. He is going to teach his players what they can do well and not what they cannot do.

View attachment 206495
Let's hope it happens, friendo.

We really do have so many great coaches now. Unreal the change that has happened so quickly. I am just grateful as fucccck

Advertisement
Gattis has said several times he will cater his offense based on what the guys do best. Him and Steele are smart guys and I really don’t see either one trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.

Balanced attack, focus on explosive plays, does NOT for one moment give me the idea that either Gattis or Mario have ANY intention of "abandoning" the passing game. Best TE room in the ACC, lot of talk about how effective the RB's are catching out of the backfield, talk of "the light going on" for a couple more WR's. Do not believe this offense is predicated on 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Advertisement
Gattis has said several times he will cater his offense based on what the guys do best. Him and Steele are smart guys and I really don’t see either one trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.
i've never heard a coach say we are going to x and y and z disirregardless of whether the players can run the plays or the team has success. time will tell whether he uses the strengths and comparative advantages of our players. if he doesn't, i hope Alonzo is on his and Mario's ***, which is the central point of this thread

Advertisement
i've never heard a coach say we are going to x and y and z disirregardless of whether the players can run the plays or the team has success. time will tell whether he uses the strengths and comparative advantages of our players. if he doesn't, i hope Alonzo is on his and Mario's ***, which is the central point of this thread

You know why I love this post

Advertisement

View attachment 206495
I don’t think Mario put this staff including Zo together not to listen and evaluate. This staff certainly is not short on football wisdom.

Advertisement
Back