Hope Coach showed this to our team...

fraggle

Senile Senior
I know, painful to watch but pay attention to all the missed opportunities. Imagine if King had been here instead of Rosier. Not to diminish the effort Rosier put in but he was over his talent level compared to any of our previous QB's. Also Clemson does not have another Wilkins, what a load he was. Fortunately this clip is not the full game but covers every missed opportunity. From memory I had a feeing we were out of our class this Saturday, after watching this I give us a better chance then the predictors.

38-3

Advertisement
I know, painful to watch but pay attention to all the missed opportunities. Imagine if King had been here instead of Rosier. Not to diminish the effort Rosier put in but he was over his talent level compared to any of our previous QB's. Also Clemson does not have another Wilkins, what a load he was. Fortunately this clip is not the full game but covers every missed opportunity. From memory I had a feeing we were out of our class this Saturday, after watching this I give us a better chance then the predictors.

38-3
Is there supposed to be a link?

Same thought process can be used on why we lose saturday.

Our 2017 Defense made Kelly Bryant look like a GOD.

Our 2020 Defense is not in the echelon of the 2017 defense. Bryant is nowhere near the QB stratosphere Sunshine is in.

Do the math.

I just hope we can keep it close. But crazier things have happened in 2020.

Advertisement

38-3
My son and I attended the ND game earlier that year and then made the drive to Charlotte for this game, you couldn't have two more disparate experiences. That was such a brutal night, we were never in it. I think Clemson is much better on offense than that team but no where near as good on defense.

On their way to the airport, the team needs to take a detour to the Schwartz Center and show them the empty space in the trophy cabinet where the 2020 CFP championship trophy belongs; then resume the route to SoCar to go earn it.

Watching that did not help me!

Different teams, different coach for us. Our LBs and CBS are not as good as they were. Wish we had Rousseau. That being said, Malik Rosier is not our QB (and Jon Richt is not the QB coach). Time of possession was massively in Clemson’s favor. Clemson’s DLine is not what is was that year. The number of tipped balls was ridiculous.
If we can manage to keep the defense somewhat fresh (I realize that we have been scoring quickly so that is a double edged sword with Clemson) and can get some pressure on Lawrence, we could force some turnovers and capitalize. They are ranked #1 for a reason but this is also the same team that has been beat by Syracuse and almost by UNC last year. DL has got to get into Lawrence’s face and knock him around.
They will be prepared for us but we are a different team than in the past. The D has to show for us to have a chance. I am confident that we do not see a 38-3 repeat. Hopefully we can make this our change of direction game for the program.

Advertisement

Our 2020 Defense is not in the echelon of the 2017 defense. Bryant is nowhere near the QB stratosphere Sunshine is in.

Do the math.

What you fail to point out in your "Debbie Downer of the Day" post is that our 2017 offense gassed our 2017 defense by keeping them on the field all day long. But hey, keep crying, perhaps you can use your tears as lube to rub one out to your pictures of shirtless Dabo.

Last edited:

Do the math.

Their Oline & Wr's arent as good. Our dline is still very very good.

Do the math.

The biggest difference is with the linebackers, but that 2017 defense didn't have a player of Phillips' or Bolden's caliber. To say this D isn't in the echelon of the 2017 D is taking it a bit far. I'll be happy to revisit this at the end of the season after our D has had a chance to play a big portion of the season with (presumably) big leads against the weaker ACC competition. We should have a chance to put up some real numbers...you can't overstate what having a dominant offense can do for your defense.

Advertisement
LOL, why would they watch this? You show people what you want them to do.

Don't show them what not to do and say don't do that like a ******* idiot.

I woke up at 3am that day, drove to Charlotte from Tampa, drank beer all day and talked a whole bunch of **** with people I hadn't seen in years, then drove my *** halfway back to Tampa after the game before getting a hotel room.

That's what I choose to remember from that day, **** the game.

But seriously, they don't need to see that ****, they know what the deal is

Advertisement
If Manny hasn't had the video of Dabo breaking the chain after the 2017 game, he's failed miserably. That **** would've been on a loop in the facility if I were the coach. I'd be quizzing kids randomly on what people were saying in the background while that cheating, phony *** "Christian" ****mouth was breaking the chain. That's how ingrained I'd want that nonsense in the kid's heads.

Advertisement
Back