Honest, thought out, opinion on Sean Taylor?

Just look up all of the comments from former teams...

Ed Reed even said, "this dude is a beast"

Advertisement
Advertisement
While I'm saying he'll never get in, Terrell Davis got in with a short career and didn't deserve to.

But I don't see anyone ever getting in the Hall with only four seasons.
Davis had 2,000 yard/21 TD season, NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP, won back-to-back Super Bowls, 3X All-Pro 1st team, 2x offensive player of the year, and 2x NFL rushing leader. NFL record 8 post-season TDs in 1997.

Last edited:
I know the fumble on the punt return vs Tennessee cost us, what was the other one, the Clarett strip in the Fiesta Bowl?
The interception in the end zone cost OSU points in the game. The strip was unfortunate, but did OSU score after recovering the ball?

Advertisement
Yeah, the pick potentially cost OSU a TD, they ended up kicking a FG instead. If my math is right that's a 17 point swing LOL.
No, that’s a 4-point swing in Miami’s favor. Instead of possibly 7, OSU gets 3. IIRC, the strip was around the Miami 20-25 yard line, and had Taylor not turned the ball over there’s no guarantee the Canes would have scored on the ensuring drive. Given how the game went, odds were they wouldn’t have scored.

Man, I sure wish he could but his career was just way to short(thanks to some maggot punks) to make it. The same can be said for Jerome who was as dominating a Dlineman as there was from 87-91 with the Eagles. I think in they eyes of voters the reason Terell Davis got in was due to his 2000 yd season in '98(4 consecutive 1000 yd seasons total) and two superbowls wins.

Advertisement
Davis had 2,000 yard/21 TD season, NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP, won back-to-back Super Bowls, 3X All-Pro 1st team, 2x offensive player of the year, and 2x NFL rushing leader. NFL record 8 post-season TDs in 1997.

All in a very run-friendly system, with an all-time great QB. Still doesn't crack the top 50 all-time in either rushing yards or TD's.

All in a very run-friendly system, with an all-time great QB. Still doesn't crack the top 50 all-time in either rushing yards or TD's.
Excuses for success. We will have to agree to disagree. Davis wasn’t elected until his 11th year of eligibility, FWIW.

Gale Sayers wasn’t in the top all-time anything either. Only played 60 games. HOF. Deservedly so.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back