Honest, thought out, opinion on Sean Taylor?

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
Hey it it's a Sat. night and I am just sippin' some Basil Hayden and wondering why ******* Sean Taylor is not in the HOF yet.
Probably because his career was cut short and I know with the HOF it is about a career, but ****, can't they see what he did in the short time he was in the league?
Just multiply that **** by 10 and you see what he would have done, probably better.

Thoughts either way, does he ever get a spot in the HOF or was his career just too short and nah, not ever?
Love #26,21,36!! As I know most of Y'all do, I think he should be in no matter what, and soon!
Thanks for the comments.....Canes fan, living in South Carolina. Going to see the Cane play at UNC (fvck those fvckers!) and going to Trailerhasse in mid-November to see us whoop the **** out of the Semenhole's at their place.
I think the Basil is starting to ramble, sorry.

Go Canes! :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Advertisement
ST is BY FAR my favorite Cane!!! He is the best football player I ever saw in my lifetime. With that being said, unfortunately, he won’t get into the NFL Hall of Fame. He doesn’t have enough work in the league to make it in. If he would have had the opportunity WITHOUT A DOUBT he would have made it and most likely would have made it first look like Ed Reed.

While I'm saying he'll never get in, Terrell Davis got in with a short career and didn't deserve to.

But I don't see anyone ever getting in the Hall with only four seasons.

Advertisement
Hey it it's a Sat. night and I am just sippin' some Basil Hayden and wondering why ******* Sean Taylor is not in the HOF yet.
Probably because his career was cut short and I know with the HOF it is about a career, but ****, can't they see what he did in the short time he was in the league?
Just multiply that **** by 10 and you see what he would have done, probably better.

Thoughts either way, does he ever get a spot in the HOF or was his career just too short and nah, not ever?
Love #26,21,36!! As I know most of Y'all do, I think he should be in no matter what, and soon!
Thanks for the comments.....Canes fan, living in South Carolina. Going to see the Cane play at UNC (fvck those fvckers!) and going to Trailerhasse in mid-November to see us whoop the **** out of the Semenhole's at their place.

Sean Taylor = GOAT.

Mic drop!

Go Canes!!

My favorite all time Cane. In my opinion if tragedy didn’t strike he would been best safety all time ….. with Reed right behind him

#1. He may have been the greatest player to ever don the “U” helmet. I know I know I know…JB, RL, and maybe even ER20 can possibly have a case, but Sean Taylor was different. He will not get in because his life and career were tragically cut short.
2. Good drink!

Advertisement

Controversial Take Incoming:

26 under performed yr.1&2 to his gifts. ( 26 underperforming = unbelievable success to normal d1 ball player )

it cost us a w or 2 in energy moments.

yr. 3 was contract year for the young prodigy.

one of if not the greatest RAW athlete we’ve ever seen. Point Blank #DadeCounty #305

at the NFL level the habits had been built. Body of Pro work was a symphony. 26 even made the Pro Bowl fun.
D879F59D-E4C9-43BE-A22B-EE7BF118D2E9.jpeg
2E303AA4-DE69-476D-B713-FCCD02BBA8F1.jpeg

Last edited:
My favorite all time Cane. In my opinion if tragedy didn’t strike he would been best safety all time ….. with Reed right behind him
Lol at Ed Reed behind him....Stop it...Ed was the best ever...regardless of Sean's unfortunate short career....Ed was smarter than Sean....and nobody on this site loves Sean like myself....Ed was literally a Coach on the field....

Lol at Ed Reed behind him....Stop it...Ed was the best ever...regardless of Sean's unfortunate short career....Ed was smarter than Sean....and nobody on this site loves Sean like myself....Ed was literally a Coach on the field....

Lol I have Sean Taylor ahead of Ed Reed as well, always have even before he died. He’s Ed Reed and Brian Dawkins combined.

Advertisement
Anyone that knows me can tell you I have always said Sean Taylor is the best football player I have ever seen. There was nothing he couldn’t do. He is my all time favorite player. I post about him a few times a year on my Facebook page. I don’t know why he isn’t in the College Football Hall of Fame. But as far as pro he just had too short of a career to be in the Hall

Controversial Take Incoming:

26 under performed yr.1&2 to his gifts. ( 26 underperforming = unbelievable success to normal d1 ball player )

it cost us a w or 2 in energy moments.

yr. 3 was contract year for the young prodigy.

one of if not the greatest RAW athlete we’ve ever seen. Point Blank #DadeCounty #305

at the NFL level the habits had been built. Body of Pro work was a symphony.View attachment 150422View attachment 150421
Year one and two of Sean’s career the Canes lost 1 game and that was to Ohio State. He didn’t underperform imo at all. I remember people were doubting the secondary because we had to replace everyone (3 of the 4 DBs were first round draft picks) and Sean stepped up and became the leader of a young secondary his sophomore year

Advertisement
What we need now. Intelligence and leadership. I saw some of the film breakdowns somebody posted here a while back. Don't remember who, maybe Lance? I am not a skilled X's and O''s guy, but it was obvious to me there was poor thinking among the back seven. Guys covered the wrong guys, were out of position, blew assignments, seem confused or on different pages just prior to the snap. A lot of the game is intelligence, recognition and quick thinking. Also communication and getting on the same page.

I hope that's what we're going to see improved this coming season. Maybe we have to sacrifice a little on athletic ability if we have players who are smart, recognize quickly what's going to happen, communicates to teammates, and makes sure they and everybody else is in the right position and ready to do the right thing.

That's probably why they like Corey Flagg so much.

I know we had that in the secondary with Reed. We need more of that now in the defense. No more crazy fiascoes like UNC.

Sean Taylor is my favorite Cane of all time. I think he was better than Ed Reed. I was there for a lot of greatness from Sean Taylor in 2002. The first TD he scored for the Canes was on a reverse punt return against Pitt. I’m pretty sure Antrel Rolle caught the punt although it might have been Parrish. He handed it off to Sean Taylor and he went almost 80 yards for the TD. Of course the last cut he made was on the Canes 32 yard line, right where our seats were. It was the first time we touched the ball that game. And of course one of many TD’s for him as a Cane.

Advertisement
Back