Honest assessment

All of us understand the situations around each game, correct? You can't just say "they lost to ECU badly" over and over and think the game is the same.

UNC was healthier than at any point in the season, had their Super Bowl on Thursday night and a "Zero Dark Thursday" slogan going and was their last stand on their season.

This team isn't perfect, but let's not act like even the 2001 team didn't have to escape against West Virginia on the road.

Let's be happy with all of that we still won the game...I'm stoked at 6-0!

Honesty, every team will play with the same passion
That is college football
I am sick and floating at 6-0
But what is reality

Advertisement
All of us understand the situations around each game, correct? You can't just say "they lost to ECU badly" over and over and think the game is the same.

UNC was healthier than at any point in the season, had their Super Bowl on Thursday night and a "Zero Dark Thursday" slogan going and was their last stand on their season.

This team isn't perfect, but let's not act like even the 2001 team didn't have to escape against West Virginia on the road.

That is college football
But what is reality

That isn't true at all...

It's easy.

1. This was their super bowl. Win this, they just might win enough games to go bowling.
2. I have to give credit to UNC, they were PUMPED up for this game, had a game plan and had everyone sold.
3. **** near ever bounce went their way. Even their fumble came right back to the QB (I want to say Williams).
4. Duke and Dorsett went out. How about our Safeties going out.
5. Morris played, probably, one of the worst games of his career (and obviously the season).
6. First half, the defense allowed their TE to run free all half. Second half, he had 2 catches.
7. Coach D, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop using prevent.

Considering the above, I'm **** happy for the win, pretty or not. I honestly hoped for at least a 2 TD win, but I will take it.

I think we're a gutsy, talented team that's badly missing a QB.

We're not back yet to U standards in terms of talent across the board, but if we have a QB who doesn't try to lose the game for us then yes we're a Top 10 team.

I told u guys...morris not a MNC caliber QB. We are a QB and depth away from being a **** of a team.

Let Golden do his thing

Advertisement
Truths from the thread
We are gutsy
We find ways
This is the best we've seen in ten years
Adversity on the road,
But no one answered the question

WOULD YOU BE SHOCKED WE LOST THREE GAMES THIS YEAR

I think Jesse Palmer said it the best, we are good, but not quite at the level of FSU and Clemson due to the turnovers.

The thing is regardless of where we finish up this year, the mental toughness of this team is light years better than where its been. This is one of those games we would most surely have lost in the past. I loved how they never quit.

Im negging you just for mentioning and giving that piece of **** gator any type of credibility

Look we won, that is all that matters. But that was a disgusting win. Gutsy, but disgusting, but better a disgusting win then a beautiful loss. 6-0 roll canes.

Advertisement
If we lose 2-3 more would you be crushed?
Other than the top 10 bravado, do you think this team is ready
I feel like we are a dam about to break

To me we are playing with house money at this point. Double digit wins this year and a shot to win in the ACC title game would be gravy.

Truths from the thread
We are gutsy
We find ways
This is the best we've seen in ten years
Adversity on the road,
But no one answered the question

WOULD YOU BE SHOCKED WE LOST THREE GAMES THIS YEAR
No I wouldn't be shocked. FSU, Clemson (ACC Championship game)and potentially a great opponent in bowl game. So no we could lose three. I'm not predicting that just saying wouldn't be shocked. By the way if you have the proper perspective 11-3 getting to ACC Champ game and bcs or great bowl game is a great year. Keeping in mind what we are dealing with and where we have been. IMO.

Last edited:
Offensively same tendencies as last year. When teams handle our front Morris struggles throwing into coverage and is erratic. That is unchanged. A good thing is that last night Coley showed that he can understand when to just pack it in in that event. Bad thing is he won't always have the luxury of running over a defense like last night.

Defensively we've gone from woeful to decent due to more talent and experience. We're better stopping run and playing man but we still struggle looking guys up in zone and pressuring the passer (outside of our specialty package). We're inflated due to our schedule but we're ok.

What they do have this year is a gritty, resilient, mentally tough team and this is probably the first time in 10 years that you can say that in miami. Most fans thought preseason we'd lose 2-3 and I think that's still right. I said before the game and still think that a team that wins a nailbiter in unc is not going to be good enough to win at Tally unfortunately. We're closer to 99 than 2000 but the goal is just to win the coastal and see what happens.

Advertisement
The main issue we have is an inconsistent QB. for a senior this should not be the case. For the first half Morris was terribly inaccurate.

Advertisement

That is college football
But what is reality

Nonsense. UM last year, or any of the Shannon years, would have folded under the adversity. The determination and passion they showed is NOT something seen in "every team".

The only tough team left on our schedule that we must beat is Va Tech.

We're good enough to do that. Stephen Morris must play better tho.

Incorrect. We beat VT but lose to FSU and to a lower team then we are out of the race for acc championship game. I think we are the only loss VT has left meaning they'll only have 1 acc loss on the year.

I do think however we will be fine. Just glad morris had the worst game of his career against unc and not fsu or vt

Advertisement
Back