Honest assessment

Phydeaux

Senior
If we lose 2-3 more would you be crushed?
Other than the top 10 bravado, do you think this team is ready
I feel like we are a dam about to break

Advertisement
we lost Duke and Dorsett and gutted out a win on the road.

turnovers need to stop obviously but I'm just so happy that we are going to have meaningful football in November again. this is awesome and you have to love how this team fights.

Advertisement
We are not a real top 10 team

I saw Clemson struggling against NC State a few weeks ago in the same type of setting and they are top 3. Road games on Thursday night are brutal, especially so when the other team is pretty much playing for their season.

Advertisement
Guys we have work to do but something has to be said about the mental toughness and togetherness of this team. Support them they deserve it! They don't give up and neither should we...

We aren't perfect, but we won. The luxury of winning is it buys us more time to correct things. I'm pretty sure the coaches saw all what we saw, so they know they've got to step it up.

"we aren't a real top 10 team"

God how do some of you mopey ******s live with yourselves.

Advertisement
The only tough team left on our schedule that we must beat is Va Tech.

We're good enough to do that. Stephen Morris must play better tho.

I don't think we'll see a performance that bad by Morris again. And we still won. Without Duke. And Dorsett. Let that resonate.

Advertisement
All of us understand the situations around each game, correct? You can't just say "they lost to ECU badly" over and over and think the game is the same.

UNC was healthier than at any point in the season, had their Super Bowl on Thursday night and a "Zero Dark Thursday" slogan going and was their last stand on their season.

Let's be happy with all of that we still won the game...I'm stoked at 6-0!

(My bad on West Virginia, it was Boston College)

Last edited:
I think we're a gutsy, talented team that's badly missing a QB.

We're not back yet to U standards in terms of talent across the board, but if we have a QB who doesn't try to lose the game for us then yes we're a Top 10 team.

I think Jesse Palmer said it the best, we are good, but not quite at the level of FSU and Clemson due to the turnovers.

The thing is regardless of where we finish up this year, the mental toughness of this team is light years better than where its been. This is one of those games we would most surely have lost in the past. I loved how they never quit.

I'd like to know the last time a team has won three straight games when turning over the ball twelve (12) times. Don't get me wrong, the sheer magnitude of cough-ups is abhorrent (at best), but it says something about a TEAM to be able to win in those tough spots.

Advertisement
Back