Holly Rowe

To be fair, many on this forum has also taken gratuitous shots at many male coaches and media personalities over the years.
Just last week Mike Elko was cited for "eating" his competition and someone offered a comparison to Mark Mangino who was grossly
overweight, at least during his coaching days.
We also laughed at Bellichik's "man ****" and at least one of former S&C guys who was obese.
We also laugh at Coach Mike Norvell for his cornrows.
I agree that some of the female media personalities probably get unfair treatment and that's not good.
But the guys get some stick as well.
Ryan Day & Marcus Freeman’s hair.
The latter is pretty much a weekly joke here.
 
To be fair, many on this forum has also taken gratuitous shots at many male coaches and media personalities over the years.
Just last week Mike Elko was cited for "eating" his competition and someone offered a comparison to Mark Mangino who was grossly
overweight, at least during his coaching days.
We also laughed at Bellichik's "man ****" and at least one of former S&C guys who was obese.
We also laugh at Coach Mike Norvell for his cornrows.
I agree that some of the female media personalities probably get unfair treatment and that's not good.
But the guys get some stick as well.
Whataboutism's aren't a good excuse for the crap that's being said about her on here and online in general.

I said a lot of dumb **** on forums in my younger years as well when it comes to women and men, less out of actual hate but more out of piling in on the jokes. More recently than I'd like to admit, but I'll own it. So I'm not blameless.

That being said - there's a lot of hate/vitriol behind a bunch of these comments and less joking as time goes on. It's ****ed. I'd like to see us all do better because for some dumbass reason, I think we can and should try.

I do find it funny that the reaction to my post has been "well, we're ******** and ****** to men we hate too" instead of examining that maybe it's all ****ed up and we could actually try do better.
 
Whataboutism's aren't a good excuse for the crap that's being said about her on here and online in general.

I said a lot of dumb **** on forums in my younger years as well when it comes to women and men, less out of actual hate but more out of piling in on the jokes. More recently than I'd like to admit, but I'll own it. So I'm not blameless.

That being said - there's a lot of hate/vitriol behind a bunch of these comments and less joking as time goes on. It's ****ed. I'd like to see us all do better because for some dumbass reason, I think we can and should try.

I do find it funny that the reaction to my post has been "well, we're ******** and ****** to men we hate too" instead of examining that maybe it's all ****ed up and we could actually try do better.
It’s sarcasm, it’s how men communicate.
I take it you’ve never been in a men’s locker room or military barracks.

Honestly females are more catty in High School and college with each other, than men, sometimes.
 
Whataboutism's aren't a good excuse for the crap that's being said about her on here and online in general.

I said a lot of dumb **** on forums in my younger years as well when it comes to women and men, less out of actual hate but more out of piling in on the jokes. More recently than I'd like to admit, but I'll own it. So I'm not blameless.

That being said - there's a lot of hate/vitriol behind a bunch of these comments and less joking as time goes on. It's ****ed. I'd like to see us all do better because for some dumbass reason, I think we can and should try.

I do find it funny that the reaction to my post has been "well, we're ******** and ****** to men we hate too" instead of examining that maybe it's all ****ed up and we could actually try do better.

It has nothing to do with "whataboutism" and more to do with people offering context.
The personal stuff is not just directed at women.
It is fair to note that lots of men get it as well.
This is sports which to many is a relief to many of the nonsense going on the world and often
on a personal basis.
There is nothing wrong with people going at the media folks so long as they are not crossing
certain lines (death threats, doxxing family/friends, making fun of serious illness,etc).
 
It’s sarcasm, it’s how men communicate.
I take it you’ve never been in a men’s locker room or military barracks.

Honestly females are more catty in High School and college with each other, than men, sometimes.
I'm a 45 year old man but yeah sure, never been in any male-centric sarcasm laden areas. 🙄 Maybe we hold men to higher standards amongst ourselves instead of making weak excuses like locker room or barracks talk?

How freaking hard is it to say that some of this crap is leaning less and less into sarcasm and "male communication" as opposed to being just some vile **** that we ought to legitimately call out as unacceptable? Gotta be a line in there somewhere. The edgelord saying just anything for a laugh stuff just ain't it anymore.
 
This is sports which to many is a relief to many of the nonsense going on the world and often
on a personal basis.
I'm glad you said this...this is key. Maybe folks need to deal with their own **** in a healthier way than taking out their frustrations on a woman on TV just doing her job. I don't think that's wholly unreasonable to say. If you or anyone else gets offended by that sentiment...then that speaks volumes. If someone, especially a fellow man, is simply saying "maybe we should not be as ****ish in this situation" is offensive then 🤷‍♂️

There is nothing wrong with people going at the media folks so long as they are not crossing
certain lines (death threats, doxxing family/friends, making fun of serious illness,etc).
All roads have to start somewhere. I'm pretty sure Rowe has dealt with issues around folks making fun of her weight *for years* and with the Sark AI video where he was deepfaked hitting her. We're far enough down the road I'd say she's had some of the stuff you're saying would cross lines (like death threats) has indeed happened. I guess I'm the ******* for calling it out, though.
 
Some so-called men on here and online in general are threatened by a woman existing and doing her job. She doesn't have to look attractive for you, either. No woman on TV or movies owes you to actually look any certain way. That is some fragile thinking and weak little boy ego ish on y'all's part.
In what world, does the appearance of a female sideline reporter covering a male dominated sport, not matter?? U think she got hired for her job primarily because of her journalistic ability? The main demographic consuming the telecast is men, so the attractiveness of female media members also matters.
 
It’s really sad. A lot of these dudes have disdain for women. But since this CIS they are all alphas that still pull nothing less than an 8.5.

1791219700535.png
1791219649280.png
 
In what world, does the appearance of a female sideline reporter covering a male dominated sport, not matter?? U think she got hired for her job primarily because of her journalistic ability? The main demographic consuming the telecast is men, so the attractiveness of female media members also matters.
Why should it matter if she is or isn't attractive if she's just doing her job, though? Why is it a requirement for a man to only want to see a woman on TV if she looks ****able to him?

If she was so unattractive as everyone likes to say when they're ****ting on her, then by your standards, she shouldn't have been hired in the first place. Maybe she actually *is* decent at her job? She's good enough she's been on TV for what, 30 years? At some point, merit and longevity have to be recognized.

She's more attractive and competent than 99.9% of the chuds online ****ting on her on a regular basis. Find the dude who did the Miss Piggy edit or the Sark AI slap video, and let him do the next game she's scheduled to do...and then let's critique his performance just as harshly.
 
Why should it matter if she is or isn't attractive if she's just doing her job, though? Why is it a requirement for a man to only want to see a woman on TV if she looks ****able to him?

If she was so unattractive as everyone likes to say when they're ****ting on her, then by your standards, she shouldn't have been hired in the first place. Maybe she actually *is* decent at her job? She's good enough she's been on TV for what, 30 years? At some point, merit and longevity have to be recognized.

She's more attractive and competent than 99.9% of the chuds online ****ting on her on a regular basis. Find the dude who did the Miss Piggy edit or the Sark AI slap video, and let him do the next game she's scheduled to do...and then let's critique his performance just as harshly.
I think both things are true here: she's not as attractive as she once was, & she is good at her job. I personally, don't really care either way, & she doesn't ruin the telecast for me.

1791220533724.png
 
Last edited:
I think both things are true here: she's not as attractive as she once was, & she is good at her job. I personally, don't really care either way, & she doesn't ruin the telecast for me.

View attachment 375060
I think Medley mentioned context earlier. This is actually where it's important.

I think that picture might be from like 20 years ago. I know I don't look as good as I did 20 years ago...lol. Not many of us do! ****, I used to have hair, was skinny/in shape 20 years back. Now my thyroid doesn't work and I went bald. 😂

Plus, for her, that's 20 years *and* a battle with cancer later. We all age. We all go thru illnesses. Again - she doesn't owe any man in here or on the internet anything when it comes to her attractiveness. Should she be presentable on screen like anyone else? Sure. But some guys call a sideline reporter unwatchable just because they have the perpetual thought when they see a woman on screen of "can I fap to this"? 😂 Which is majorly insecure behavior, and ought to be called out.
 
I think Medley mentioned context earlier. This is actually where it's important.

I think that picture might be from like 20 years ago. I know I don't look as good as I did 20 years ago...lol. Not many of us do! ****, I used to have hair, was skinny/in shape 20 years back. Now my thyroid doesn't work and I went bald. 😂

Plus, for her, that's 20 years *and* a battle with cancer later. We all age. We all go thru illnesses. Again - she doesn't owe any man in here or on the internet anything when it comes to her attractiveness. Should she be presentable on screen like anyone else? Sure. But some guys call a sideline reporter unwatchable just because they have the perpetual thought when they see a woman on screen of "can I fap to this"? 😂 Which is majorly insecure behavior, and ought to be called out.
hot dog.gif
 
I'm glad you said this...this is key. Maybe folks need to deal with their own **** in a healthier way than taking out their frustrations on a woman on TV just doing her job. I don't think that's wholly unreasonable to say. If you or anyone else gets offended by that sentiment...then that speaks volumes. If someone, especially a fellow man, is simply saying "maybe we should not be as ****ish in this situation" is offensive then 🤷‍♂️

So by this logic, (mostly) women who follow daytime soap operas and similar shows should stop indulging themselves in watching, because all it does is engage them into yelling at some guy on tv, because he cheats on a bunch of women? Maybe the women viewers should heed your advice as well? I mean the dude is only an actor doing his job portraying a philanderer.
Me thinks you're overreacting.
There isn't of Army of men on the internet fat-shaming women.
Most of us simply find sideline reporters lame, if not annoying, lacking in ability to ask good questions.
 
Back
Top