Holly crap Javion Cohen ALabama starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this kid draft eligible? 3 years right? Why doesn't he go pro? Bama churns out 1st round OL like nobody else.

Also it says he played 5 games as a freshman which means he's played 3 years now without a redshirt. So does he have 2 years to play 1?

I know this isn't our job to figure out but something seems off with this.
Covid

Advertisement
Advertisement
Keep an eye on this one.

giphy.gif

Was waiting for someone to post this as a cop-out.

Pathetic lol. He played and started an entire season after these comments. Played **** well too.

Having mental health issues doesn’t mean you’re a f^ck up for life. The interview actually seemed like whatever he did helped him tremendously.
Having mental health issues doesn’t mean you’re a **** up period any more than having cancer or an acl physically

My two guesses would be:
- There were some young guys that got playing time this season and he felt like there was a good chance he’d lose his spot to the shiny new toys
- Is he potentially looking to get tackle a try?
A guy who has never given up a sack is afraid of losing his spot to some TF? Meh. Sounds like a stretch bro.

Now your 2nd point, I like. That would definitlely make sense because we need OT help in the worst way. (I thought we were pretty set at OG with Rivers and Cooper coming back) Got posters on here who want to start Francis Mauigoa and Samson (if we get him) as TF at OT and get TVD killed midseason.

Advertisement
A guy who has never given up a sack is afraid of losing his spot to some TF? Meh. Sounds like a stretch bro.

Now your 2nd point, I like. That would definitlely make sense because we need OT help in the worst way. (I thought we were pretty set at OG with Rivers and Cooper coming back) Got posters on here who want to start Francis Mauigoa and Samson (if we get him) as TF at OT and get TVD killed midseason.
That's the story they're running with on Bama's board lol. Tyler Booker was coming for his spot. Hence why he tweeted this tweet recently

Advertisement
It's just the way things are now. You have to expect that a certain percentage of your recruiting class will portal out. It happens to everyone.
OR:

This is just the college method of free agency to demand more money from the current NIL boosters.

Remember Mims from UGA in the portal. UGA NIL solved his issues and he returned. He wasn't even a starter.

This case is unque for a starter to portal on a championship caliber team.

My two guesses would be:
- There were some young guys that got playing time this season and he felt like there was a good chance he’d lose his spot to the shiny new toys

Looking at other sites it seems that he was losing snaps to one of the freshman who was in the rotation at G. Nobody was expecting him to leave and figured he would be back next year.

Instant plug and play for Miami at LG.

Advertisement
@DMoney I'm curious what a high-end starting OG does to Anez Cooper. Is he agile enough that you can kick him out to OT? Would he need to re-sculpt his body at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back