Hold it: A Standout Image from the 2016 Season

I've said it for years. Have an intern go through game films. The blatant bias isn't hard to find. It's not just holding calls... Horrible spotting, horrible challenge reviews, and our kids can't even celebrate or talk ****. Re watch Prohle TD no catch. Itchy trigger finger on Coley. I can deal with all the bull****, but the holding no calls are ridiculous. But then again we are hated and it feels good

Advertisement
Meh. Just win. Anybody could go through a season of game tape on any team and point to "ref bias." We should be winning the putrid coastal every year even if the refs were in the opposing team's uniforms.

Everyone knows you have to win in spite of the refs. We can't just play good enough to beat the other team. We have to play good enough to dominate the other team AND overcome any ref BS. Thats what championship calibur teams do. Refs may ***** em, but in the end they overcome it and win.

We're on our way. But poor calls will never change. We will always get the short end of the stick. Can't complain about it though, just gotta improve and win.

The blatant disrespect for Miami's program by the ACC officials is criminal. The holding that is allowed against our team is even more pronounced now that we play a more upfield style. RJ was unblockable against WVU, he was held about 5 times after defeating his man with no calls. Its really disappointing considering our OLine seemingly gets called for many holds.

Said it all year. It's illogical to think the team leading the country in TFL much of the season wasn't drawing holding penalties.

Advertisement
Not just OL/DL, there were a lot of missed holds on the perimeter from what I remember.

For years, I've heard that after each game, Miami sends a tape of missed calls to the ACC office. The ACC seems to be fine with it. It is what it is.

Height of desperation. Anybody can pick out a play or handful of plays to make any point they desire. In a game here and there it could be legit. Meanwhile, we're talking about 945 defensive snaps. Let's see, I'll align with normalcy, that among a sample as sufficient as 945 snaps we were treated normally. You are what you are. I'll allow everybody else to adjust this and adjust that. Subjective flails. Woe is us.

I suspect this thread is mostly a vehicle to excuse Chad Thomas. There's still far too much fixation on his reputation leaving high school, and specially that drill against the USC recruit Damien Mama. We hoped and expected that type of freak ferocity to show up game after game. It has not. Since it has not, it must be holding, or something similarly unfair.

Thomas is a nice player. Improved in 2016. Likely to improve again next season, and into the pros. Bottom line three years later Mama is ready to turn pro while Thomas is not. Thomas has not been a player the announcers spotlight to begin every game and opponents fear. It's due to merit, not holding.

Height of desperation. Anybody can pick out a play or handful of plays to make any point they desire. In a game here and there it could be legit. Meanwhile, we're talking about 945 defensive snaps. Let's see, I'll align with normalcy, that among a sample as sufficient as 945 snaps we were treated normally. You are what you are. I'll allow everybody else to adjust this and adjust that. Subjective flails. Woe is us.

I suspect this thread is mostly a vehicle to excuse Chad Thomas. There's still far too much fixation on his reputation leaving high school, and specially that drill against the USC recruit Damien Mama. We hoped and expected that type of freak ferocity to show up game after game. It has not. Since it has not, it must be holding, or something similarly unfair.

Thomas is a nice player. Improved in 2016. Likely to improve again next season, and into the pros. Bottom line three years later Mama is ready to turn pro while Thomas is not. Thomas has not been a player the announcers spotlight to begin every game and opponents fear. It's due to merit, not holding.
You've outdone yourself this time. Congratulations on a worthless rant based on an assumption. I'm one of the guys who still reads your posts, but wish I could neg you more than once on this one.

Advertisement
It's been pretty clear the ACC has been looking the other way more since the duke game last season.

Team has never gotten the benefit of the doubt but it was blatant at times this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel like FSU has been getting away with holds the past few years when they have played us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back