Hoggins to USF

Still like Fenton & Lewis better and we got that Jackson kid

Fenton, Lewis, and Hoggins are all better than Jackson right now. Jackson, like all reaches that Golden takes, has great upside but until I see consistent development of said upside you take the playmakers that can contribute immediately and not the stretches like Jackson.

Ill take jackson over fenton and hoggins, but this staff whiffed on hoggins

Fair enough. I respectfully disagree but to each their own. I prefer the aggression and ballhawk-ness of Fenton and Hoggins over Jackson's wide cover skills.

Jackson just seems like Gunter, which is why Golden wants him. Honestly it doesn't even matter anyway, whoever we get at cb could be an all-american, but under Golden, he'll only play 1/3rd of all snaps, because no matter what they rotate every other series.

I don't mind having a Gunter. I like Gunter. But when you have a CB depth problem, one committed who is a reach, and you're letting a ton of good ones go in your own backyard that's where I have a problem.

Advertisement
Fenton, Lewis, and Hoggins are all better than Jackson right now. Jackson, like all reaches that Golden takes, has great upside but until I see consistent development of said upside you take the playmakers that can contribute immediately and not the stretches like Jackson.

Ill take jackson over fenton and hoggins, but this staff whiffed on hoggins

Fair enough. I respectfully disagree but to each their own. I prefer the aggression and ballhawk-ness of Fenton and Hoggins over Jackson's wide cover skills.

Jackson just seems like Gunter, which is why Golden wants him. Honestly it doesn't even matter anyway, whoever we get at cb could be an all-american, but under Golden, he'll only play 1/3rd of all snaps, because no matter what they rotate every other series.

I don't mind having a Gunter. I like Gunter. But when you have a CB depth problem, one committed who is a reach, and you're letting a ton of good ones go in your own backyard that's where I have a problem.

Trust me, I have a problem too. Golden has consistently done a bad-terrible job at recruiting. Still, no matter who we get at cb, they will switch out every series, with guys that aren't as good. Just like whoever we get at RB, won't get as many touches as Gus, even though they will be immediately better.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm a USF Alum and I'm confused as to how this happened....facilites aren't much better coaching is the same WEAK USF talent wise isn't anywhere near the Canes...coaching staff just whiffed on this one! Thanks Fat Albert!

Alphonso Smith was little. Ricardo Allen was little. They both had pretty good collegiate careers.

Stop looking at measurables and look at production. This is college, not the NFL.

Advertisement
The guy is 5' 8", c'mon.

So you're saying Lamarcus Joyner wouldn't have been a take for you?

This kid is no where near the talent level of joyner

Killa just said all I needed to say right above. Measurables are only part of the equation. Hoggins' production at the highest level of HS football in the nation speaks for itself.

I agree with killa but lets not compare this kid joyner now, the kid is a take but he aint no elite kid like joyner was

Advertisement
Back