Hodges suspended for spring game

I say play him in the spring game so he get reps and then make him run his *** off for days until he pukes.

Advertisement
Violating team rules can be anything from drinkinking alcohol as a minor, missing classes to something more serious.
Live and learn, the kid is young. Until we know what rules he broke, we shouldn't jump to conclusions and put him in the portal already.

Advertisement
This would have NEVER happened on a Bobby Bowden coaached team... like someone said - he mighta run some stadium steps and played.

That said, the kid did really waste a golden opportunity to shine... 2 TE's out. He would never came off the field and might have gotten few touches.

Advertisement
Hodges' legend reminds me of Derrick Smith. Coaches always talk about his contribution all over the field. Manny loved him some D Smiff. But he never could figure out how to get him into games because there's always someone better than him at any given spot.

Hodges seems like a great all-around athlete. But he's not the best option at H-Back, not the best option at receiving end, far from the best blocking end, ultimately a too much of a square peg in a round hole to start for any of those roles. Then he goes and get suspended for the Spring game when his number is finally called. Just not a very bright move.

Advertisement
What a stupid move on this part. Completely blew his opportunity to shine.

But if Mallory, Arroyo, Mam and Brantley can stay healthy, I don't see much PT for Hodges anyway.

I understand the hot takes because this is a guy who has a chance to impress the coaches with all our tight ends out due to injury and then Brantley hasn't enrolled yet. But he goes and gets suspended for the **** spring game. Not a good look for him at all obviously.

Understand but things like calling for him to apologize to the entire team maybe a little over the top

Advertisement
Dumb move but silver lining is it happened in the spring. He's been in the program for a few years now and knows expectations. He blew a good opportunity to prove to the coaches he can be TE2.

this guy got some good burn for a freshman his first year, and then disappeared his second year. what happened to him?

Advertisement
Back