Hodges still strong with UM, puts on 20 pounds this offseason

At least he has very, very little if any chance when he gets here of engineering the Portal.
“I’m there, front row. I’ll be there with my family. I already know we’re winning for sure.”

Advertisement
Adding 20 pounds of muscle on a 155 pound HS kid is impressive, much less in one offseason. Kid is putting in work.

Agree .... let’s hope any supplements he’s taking are not from Will Grier’s pharmacy. 😉

Advertisement
WTF is UM doing passing on Poitier

I like Hodges and he held his own...On the long reception, it almost look like it was a play where the Palmetto qb may have escaped the pocket, and Hodges had to cover him for a while, and just kinda lost track where he was. But yeah...wtf was wrong is UM passing on poitier for (Claims "offer" but seems never a priority)

Last edited:
WTF is UM doing passing on Poitier

I like Hodges and he held his own...On the long reception, it almost look like it was a play where the Palmetto qb may have escaped the pocket, and Hodges had to cover him for a while, and just kinda lost track where he was. But yeah...wtf was wrong is UM passing on poitier for (Claims "offer" but seems never a priority)
Maybe the kid just isn’t interested, Miami sent him an official offer and they weren’t in his top 6

Advertisement
It's hilarious to see everyone coming around on this kid, just a few months ago everyone was bashing him saying he's too slow & needs to be dropped...

I was literally the first person to ever post on him on this board back in Dec 2018 & was high on him them!

You mf'ers are always late lol.
Cam Underwood from SOTU is constantly pushing for us to drop him smh

Maybe the kid just isn’t interested, Miami sent him an official offer and they weren’t in his top 6

Come on brock...There were a lot of months in between those two events.

I'm not saying the kid was a lock, nor am I saying we know every bit of every kid's recruitment...But there was a long stretch where we weren't in touch, then we "picked up contact", etc...(all while Ivins, Adams, everyone said there are others in front of him)...Point being there shouldn't be too **** many in front of this kid, should have been a priority if you are shooting for 4 WR (even if you are settling for 3)

Advertisement
Advertisement

The only reason Hodges believes he’s rated so low is that he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.89 seconds back at The Opening in February. Hodges, who is a cousin of current Hurricanes sophomore cornerback Al Blades Jr., said it was the first time in his life he had ever run a 40 and believes he’s “way faster than that.”

I've said it repeatedly before but here's a reminder that HS 40 times are often worthless as technique/experience, field/weather conditions and injuries can all play a big role in slowing down times. You can't generalize these tests like Lance ROFLs or star whores love to do because the construct validity is faulty - it doesn't measure what it's supposed to measure.

I guarantee Hodges will be running in the 4.5s by the time he leaves Miami. And yes, that means he's not getting dropped and he will be a Cane much to the chagrin of some off the tools on this site. If you pony up some shekels and actually read the article it's clear the staff is very high on him and he will be an EE soon.

I like Hodges...Have since LCE posted him in his local DB thread a year or longer ago.

But stop worrying about your rating kid...Worry about playing ball, the rest will take care of itself.

Advertisement
Back