Hodges Commits

Advertisement
Looking like what?
Having D1 recruits?
That too lol, and just how much more diverse (black) the school is. I graduated from there in 06 and spent my last 3 years of school there. At that time, it was slowly transitioning at the time bc more kids were coming in from Fort Lauderdale and other places out east. I love it, I love to see the school doing so well at football and sending kids to big schools. I hope they keep ballin.

That too lol, and just how much more diverse (black) the school is. I graduated from there in 06 and spent my last 3 years of school there. At that time, it was slowly transitioning at the time bc more kids were coming in from Fort Lauderdale and other places out east. I love it, I love to see the school doing so well at football and sending kids to big schools. I hope they keep ballin.

Yeah the demographic has definitely changed over the years. I wish we had all those kids when I coached there. LOL

Yeah the demographic has definitely changed over the years. I wish we had all those kids when I coached there. LOL

Graduated from Western in 1990. If I remember correctly back then we had like 300 non white students out of like 2500? Its been a long time so the numbers might be a little off, but not by much!!!!!!

Graduated from Western in 1990. If I remember correctly back then we had like 300 non white students out of like 2500? Its been a long time so the numbers might be a little off, but not by much!!!!!!

There's a lot of minorities there now. Black families are moving from out East and Spanish people are moving into the adjacent trailer park. There's a couple newer apartment complexes off SR84 that contribute to this as well.

Advertisement
I didn’t know you were an old *******

I graduated from Western in ‘06. Played football there too. High possibility we know each other.

There's a lot of minorities there now. Black families are moving from out East and Spanish people are moving into the adjacent trailer park. There's a couple newer apartment complexes off SR84 that contribute to this as well.

Strange that Spaniards are moving into that neighborhood. Is the local chorizo good?

Advertisement
Advertisement
WESTERN, COOPER CITY, STONEMAN DOUGLAS got to be the whitest schools in broward going on 2 decades

Advertisement
West Broward and Cypress Bay say hi. LOL
Cypress Bay--
As of 2017–2018 school year, the total student enrollment was 4,701. The ethnic makeup of the school was (2,610) 55.5% Hispanic, (1,450) 30.8% non-Hispanic White, (222) 4.72% non-Hispanic Black, (240) 5.10% Asian or Pacific Islander, (158) 3.36% Multiracial, (21) 0.44% Native American or Native Alaskan, and (2) 0.04% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander.[1]

West Broward---
As of 2015-2016, the total student enrollment was 2,263. The ethnic makeup of the school was 34.4% White, 11.4% Black, 47.6% Hispanic or Latino, 3.9% Asian or Pacific Islander, 3.11% Multiracial, and 0.3% Native American or Native Alaskan.[10]

WESTERN, COOPER CITY, STONEMAN DOUGLAS got to be the whitest schools in broward going on 2 decades
Stoneman Douglas--
As of the 2015-2016 school year, the total student enrollment was 3,158. The ethnic makeup of the school was 59% White, 12% Black, 20% Hispanic, 7% Asian and 2% multiracial. 23% of the students were eligible for free or reduced cost lunch.[2]

Cooper City High--
As of the 2017-2018 school year, the total enrollment was 2,279. The ethnic makeup of the school was 48.4% White, 6.97% Black, 32.2% Hispanic, 6.39% Asian or Pacific Islander, 5.13% Multiracial, and 0.83% Native American or Native Alaskan.[23]

I stand corrected on Cypress Bay. I knew there was a heavy (wealthy) Latin population in Weston, but I didn't know it had grown that big.

Advertisement
Back