Hmm

We created a PR nightmare trying to get Golden fired. Rightfully so. The negativity is and was warranted.

But it didn't work.

Time to be true and blue fans again. We know Golden is leading us into 2015, and I'm back to rooting for the team to win and for us to recruit hard.

I know the administration can be blamed as the root of recruits' disenchantment (the admin kept Golden which made the fan base angry which scared the kids), but we need to turn it down a notch. We need to be selling our program, drawing kids to the U, etc. instead of this rooting for doom ****.

You can expect doom, all but know it's coming, but rooting for it is a whole different animal.

Tough times, guys.

Let's go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
We created a PR nightmare trying to get Golden fired. Rightfully so. The negativity is and was warranted.

But it didn't work.

Time to be true and blue fans again. We know Golden is leading us into 2015, and I'm back to rooting for the team to win and for us to recruit hard.

I know the administration can be blamed as the root of recruits' disenchantment (the admin kept Golden which made the fan base angry which scared the kids), but we need to turn it down a notch. We need to be selling our program, drawing kids to the U, etc. instead of this rooting for doom ****.

You can expect doom, all but know it's coming, but rooting for it is a whole different animal.

Tough times, guys.

Let's go Canes!
True I'm rooting for the boys. End of the story....

I hate our fans, they are idiots, and I'm talking about the ones that believe the reason for our struggles is because of a negative fanbase.......
If you really believe this chances are you love to play in traffic.

We not dumb we know golden and his staff can't get the job done but we got to play the game for now, these kids seem to believe in golden so u know what lets keep our mouths shut and get these boys on campus, so when the next coach comes in he got some talent to work with. We don't need to worry about getting golden fierd hes gonna do it to himself this guy just went 6-7 made no coaching changes hes a prideful man, and pride comes before a man falls.

Hey OP here's what Walton said today. Case closed.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/

"From my conversations with Brad Kaaya I know he wants to change it around," Walton said. "I just want to go in, bring the team together as a family and just let these guys know we've got to win. It's time for the University of Miami to be back. Let's bring more energy. Let's start winning, get all the negativity out, make our fans happy. Do it the right way, win."
Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/#storylink=cpy

Hey OP here's what Walton said today. Case closed.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/

"From my conversations with Brad Kaaya I know he wants to change it around," Walton said. "I just want to go in, bring the team together as a family and just let these guys know we've got to win. It's time for the University of Miami to be back. Let's bring more energy. Let's start winning, get all the negativity out, make our fans happy. Do it the right way, win."
Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/#storylink=cpy

that was from yesterday. The story he posted was from today

Advertisement
There is one party to this **** show that can fix the negativity and mess that it caused, and I'll give you a clue: It's not the fans.

UM can stop the bleeding any time it chooses. By choosing to keep Folden they've consciously decided to destroy recruiting and are now trying to pin the blame on the fans, who are the only people who actually care about the program.

Sad part is that there are retards in this fan base who are buying what those scumbags at UM are selling.

Damm i feel where he coming from, but we the fans want what's best for the program, there young and gullible and we the fans see right threw Al Golden. We don't want to see guys like Scarlett spending there career losing to UVA and not being relevant, I can't speak for everyone on this board but ima respect these commits and lay off golden ima leave it up to the administration.

I hope all the kids decommit because of guys like you.. I really hope we end up like 90th so y'all can cry

I hate our fans, they are idiots, and I'm talking about the ones that believe the reason for our struggles is because of a negative fanbase.......

So what you're saying is fans are stupid for believing all the negativity runs recruits off when one of best recruits says it bothers him and another really good recruit decommitted over it... Yeah good! I'm thinking you might want to rethink your thinking!

Continue ignoring the elephant in the room buddy. Here is something to consider, precedence. Last year leading up to our horrible close to our season and class, we had a top 3 class, but then we lost 4 out of our last 6 all of them 15+ point losses. We ended up losing commits and missing on a majority of our top prospects finishing outside the top 10. We finished with 9 wins that year. This year with what is being touted as a top 10(Im being generous for you here) NFL class we finished with a losing record of 6-7. All the while not only did we retain our coach, who is now in his 4th year, we didn't even make any staff changes. What did you think was gonna happen if the fans were positive right now? Don't even give me the BS on what a recruit said, these kids do the opposite of what they say all the **** time, all you have to do is look at all the social media antics. Bottom line is that we were looking at an epic collapse to a class that was already not that great regardless of fan sentiment. Our buzz was already low because the recruits on the defensive side of the ball weren't buying into what we were selling, the 6-7 season sealed the deal on both sides of the ball. But yeah keep holding out to that weak faith that it was all gonna be okay if the fans didn't get crazy negative……..

Advertisement
What's done is done. All the negative talk, kids decommitting, Manny Navarro, Duke's mom.

Bottomline, Golden is not going anywhere this coming season. However, we still need **** good football players. As fans, let's unite and stay positive over the next three weeks. We need to close strong. Keep Scarlett and add some others...

Go Canes!

But it didn't work.

Tough times, guys.

Let's go Canes!

Who didn't see this was the outcome is an idiot.

Ahhhh reminds me of sitting next to top qb recruits, while our fans would cuss and boo Berlin. Then thinking we have some chance of getting said recruit.
So the banner did what again? The twitter and hashtag fire gilgie did what again? It has done nothing, but hurt recruiting. If that was the objective. Good job.
Golden is still here. Brilliant guys. Brilliant.

So what you're saying is fans are stupid for believing all the negativity runs recruits off when one of best recruits says it bothers him and another really good recruit decommitted over it... Yeah good! I'm thinking you might want to rethink your thinking!

Continue ignoring the elephant in the room buddy. Here is something to consider, precedence. Last year leading up to our horrible close to our season and class, we had a top 3 class, but then we lost 4 out of our last 6 all of them 15+ point losses. We ended up losing commits and missing on a majority of our top prospects finishing outside the top 10. We finished with 9 wins that year. This year with what is being touted as a top 10(Im being generous for you here) NFL class we finished with a losing record of 6-7. All the while not only did we retain our coach, who is now in his 4th year, we didn't even make any staff changes. What did you think was gonna happen if the fans were positive right now? Don't even give me the BS on what a recruit said, these kids do the opposite of what they say all the **** time, all you have to do is look at all the social media antics. Bottom line is that we were looking at an epic collapse to a class that was already not that great regardless of fan sentiment. Our buzz was already low because the recruits on the defensive side of the ball weren't buying into what we were selling, the 6-7 season sealed the deal on both sides of the ball. But yeah keep holding out to that weak faith that it was all gonna be okay if the fans didn't get crazy negative……..

everyone knows that but you just choose to ignore what said and go about inflicting even more damage. He will be gone soon enough! He's not getting fired right now so if you believe that you're being irrational and ignorant.

Advertisement
For the dummies incapable of rational thought, ask yourselves why the fans are negative and fuming. Then, ask yourselves who could fix the problem immediately. Then, reflect on who caused the problem that they could easily fix.

Then, ask yourselves why you're stupid enough to buy into UM's latest propaganda campaign to blame the fans, which deflects criticism from them, where it squarely belongs, to the fans, where it doesn't belong.

For the dummies incapable of rational thought, ask yourselves why the fans are negative and fuming. Then, ask yourselves who could fix the problem immediately. Then, reflect on who caused the problem that they could easily fix.

Then, ask yourselves why you're stupid enough to buy into UM's latest propaganda campaign to blame the fans, which deflects criticism from them, where it squarely belongs, to the fans, where it doesn't belong.

It would be totally different if it was just Blake and the administration saying the fans are hurting recruitment, but now the kids and alumni are saying the same thing.

I know you want Golden gone at this very instance, as do I, but if he were leaving it would have been happened.

All we're doing now is eventually hurting the future teams. I'd rather go through another year of mediocrity with a good class knowing that we'll have a new coach next year than to go through mediocrity for another year with an average class with a new coach next year.

Advertisement

It would be totally different if it was just Blake and the administration saying the fans are hurting recruitment, but now the kids and alumni are saying the same thing.

I know you want Golden gone at this very instance, as do I, but if he were leaving it would have been happened.

All we're doing now is eventually hurting the future teams. I'd rather go through another year of mediocrity with a good class knowing that we'll have a new coach next year than to go through mediocrity for another year with an average class with a new coach next year.

The horse is already out of the barn. There's no way for the fans to suddenly act like all is well and turn into a bunch of Ned Flanders.

And I agree that the toxicity and negativity surrounding UM is going to impact recruiting. Of course it is. No one wants to be around this, not even Folden. If Folden got a chance he'd jump ship in a heart beat.

UM holds the keys to fix the negativity and toxicity and salvage recruiting. The fans don't. If we did we'd fix it immediately.

UM has consciously chosen to attempt to ride out the storm in the hopes that the fans would just give up and accept this ****. We're not going to do that. As a result of UM's choice to ride it out, UM has elected to sacrifice recruiting classes.

Now, instead of living with their choice, they're attempting to con imbeciles into thinking the fans are causing the negativity around the program. The fans are merely voicing their displeasure with UM's choices. UM is causing the negativity.

The problem is not Duke's mom saying kids want to leave, it is the FACT that kids want to leave that is causing the problem. Besides, it the fans complaining has so much impact, shouldn't keeping fans happy be a little higher on the priority list of the administration. Suddenly we matter? We didn't matter when the OB came down. We didn't matter when it became clear Coker sucked or that Randy had failed. We didn't matter as Donna took money from crooks and exposed 18 year kids to him. We didn't matter when they gave Golden and undeserved extension to cover their own rears. Heck, we didn't matter when we wanted Butch fired and we don't matter when we want him back. We only matter when they want to blame us for another of their failures.

I do not want to lose recruits, I am not of the school that it helps get rid of Golden -- he can't get any worse and certainly not better. BUT I refuse to accept the blame for losing recruits when Golden loses 7 games. What Walton says does tell us one thing. Duke's mom did say it. I am inclined to believe her. Al and administration have millions of reasons to lie. She has none, unless she, like me, is ****ed Golden threw her son under the bus several times the last two year to protect his boyfriend.

Burn it to the ground until Golden leaves. Goal should be 0-13 with nothing but 1 star recruits in the class.

6-7 is more damaging and negative to recruting than anything fans are doing. IMO.
I don't subscribe to the mob mentally that happens and people go to far sometimes BUT Golden has been insulting the fan base for four years so it's not exactly unprovoked.
Example.
First year Golden quote "it's unacceptable,it's on me,everything is under evaluation" = no changes.
Second year Golden quote "it's unacceptable,it's on me,everything is under evaluation" = no changes.
Third year Golden quote "it's unacceptable,it's on me,everything is under evaluation" = no changes.
Fourth year Golden quote "it's unacceptable,it's on me,everything in under evaluation" = no changes.

Advertisement
Back