Hmm

CanesFanNJ

Band
Banned
Walton, rated the seventh best at his position nationally by 247Sports, said he believes UM would do better recruiting in-state and locally if not for all the negativity surrounding the team after four consecutive losses to end the season. Entering the weekend, UM’s 2015 class was ranked 18th by Rivals, 20th by ESPN and 21st by 247Sports.com.

“Of course a lot of people look at the University of Miami very differently than past years,” Walton said. “A lot of people are going on a rampage saying they want Golden gone, saying a lot of players want out of the University of Miami. Of course, as a recruit it hurts and makes you look elsewhere. But I just try not to get bothered with it.”

TROUBLE ON HORIZON
Walton said Wednesday he has planned official visits to Louisville, West Virginia and Georgia just in case changes are made at UM. Walton and two Booker T. teammates (receiver Antonio Calloway and Texas-bound cornerback Devante Davis) were making official visits to UM this weekend.

Calloway, a three-star recruit, seems the more likely of the two not committed to UM to strongly consider the Canes. Davis said Wednesday his commitment to Texas was firm.

UM, which has had close to a dozen recruits de-commit from this class, is trying hard not to lose any others. Walton said he speaks twice a week to Scarlett, the other star running back in the class, about sticking together through the ups and downs of recruiting.

At one point, before West Orange running back Dexter Williams de-committed from Miami on Jan.2, Walton said he, Scarlett and Williams talked about forming a great trio of backs at Miami like Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee and Frank Gore.

Then, Walton said, the comments made late last month by Duke Johnson’s mother, Cassandra Prophet Mitchell, claiming the majority of players at UM would leave if not for NCAA transfer rules, put a scare into some recruits. Walton said Williams told him that’s the reason he de-committed.

“There are some times where I think I might want to leave too because of the negativity, but [Scarlett and I] just support each other and say, ‘Let’s not let it get into our heads,’” Walton said. “We’re going to play it out. We’re not worrying about what the fans are saying. We’re not worrying about the negative messages. We want to go in there and make changes, help bring The U back. That’s what we want to do. Hopefully, he’ll stick it out with me.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article5950893.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
People need to quit being dumb and being negative. They see that sh*t

Last edited:
Advertisement
Damm i feel where he coming from, but we the fans want what's best for the program, there young and gullible and we the fans see right threw Al Golden. We don't want to see guys like Scarlett spending there career losing to UVA and not being relevant, I can't speak for everyone on this board but ima respect these commits and lay off golden ima leave it up to the administration.

Good job dukes mom and fans hopefully we can lose more kids !!!! Idiots

SMH at calling Duke's mom an idiot.

Someone ban this f***ing clown, please.
I don't agree with calling her an idiot but she tried to sabotage the program on their way out. Forget golden at this point but if you truly love this program she wouldn't have done that. Do you think Edgerrin James would have done something like that? No....

Advertisement
Damm i feel where he coming from, but we the fans want what's best for the program, there young and gullible and we the fans see right threw Al Golden. We don't want to see guys like Scarlett spending there career losing to UVA and not being relevant, I can't speak for everyone on this board but ima respect these commits and lay off golden ima leave it up to the administration.

I'd rather Scarlett lose to UVA at Miami than lose to Georgia Southern at Florida.

I hate our fans, they are idiots, and I'm talking about the ones that believe the reason for our struggles is because of a negative fanbase.......
If you really believe this chances are you love to play in traffic.

I don't agree with calling her an idiot but she tried to sabotage the program on their way out. Forget golden at this point but if you truly love this program she wouldn't have done that. Do you think Edgerrin James would have done something like that? No....

The only sabotage in this situation has been caused by an administration that opted to keep Golden and willingly cause this overwhelming toxicity surrounding the program. They're blaming the fans now because they realize they caused this and choose not to take any accountability. Everyone sees that they don't care about UM football and they don't like being called out on it.

The comment from Duke's mother was harsh, but she was just speaking her mind about a terrible situation. A player of Duke's caliber could've gotten to the league at any school. She likely feels that Golden and his used car salesman tactics failed her son and his teammates. She's not wrong.

The only sabotage in this situation has been caused by an administration that opted to keep Golden and willingly cause this overwhelming toxicity surrounding the program. They're blaming the fans now because they realize they caused this and choose not to take any accountability. Everyone sees that they don't care about UM football and they don't like being called out on it.

The comment from Duke's mother was harsh, but she was just speaking her mind about a terrible situation. A player of Duke's caliber could've gotten to the league at any school. She likely feels that Golden and his used car salesman tactics failed her son and his teammates. She's not wrong.

What is she sabotaging the program for? At the end of the day Duke making it to the NFL while being picked no lower than the first3 rounds along with 6-9 more of his teammates? Did she complain when Duke fumbled when we had momentum vs Nebraska driving down the 50 yard line? Or what about at the end of the florida state game? Did she complained when he fumbled at Virginia? Or what about In the bowl game when Duke fumbled with 5 minutes left and us having the momentum? And I'm the biggest Duke fan. I know no one Is perfect. Our coaches are no where near and that's golden fault because they are continuing to be on his staff... A lot of things is golden fault as he is ignorant by keeping dsh*tfrio and slowing our offense, but he certainly didn't receive any favors in certain situations with some of our players. I don't like golden and I want him gone. This is not miami football. But sabotaging the class will not do anything and the administration still not going to fire him. Our best chance Is if or when he fails Next season...

Last edited:
Advertisement
My LAWD !!
This is ALL UM for not seeing a cluster7uck coach and putting the blame where it truly belongs, and send fat Al packing after PITT!!

Advertisement
I'll shut up until after NSD. But, you should probably include the whole article, which includes comments from Roland Smith, particularly the following:

“[Miami’s] coaches are doing a **** of a job trying to recruit kids,” Smith said. “But to get over the hump you’ve got to win those big games. This year we weren’t able to pull off the big ones like Florida State, Nebraska. Kids these days are more impressionable. It seemed like to me, when we were coming up, when Melvin Bratton, Alonzo Highsmith decided to go to UM, Miami wasn’t dominant either. But those guys wanted to turn the program around and put it on the map. Nowadays, it seems like the kids look forward to going to programs that are winning, already established, not trying to build something. And that’s kind of surprising to me.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article5950893.html#storylink=cpy

I hate our fans, they are idiots, and I'm talking about the ones that believe the reason for our struggles is because of a negative fanbase.......
If you really believe this chances are you love to play in traffic.

So what you're saying is fans are stupid for believing all the negativity runs recruits off when one of best recruits says it bothers him and another really good recruit decommitted over it... Yeah good! I'm thinking you might want to rethink your thinking!

some recruiting/maimi reporters claimed we dropped williams however two of those clowns didnt even know charles perry was an EE.
Its ironic he committed the day after 100 plus page thread that golden was getting fired popped up.

Advertisement
Back