Hire A Coach

If you and every other parent can't wait a couple more weeks then I don't know what to say. Have patience. You still can't sign till feb unless you are an EE. Kids that are jumping now were never gonna sign here.
Not true..Zach.. Shaq.. Mike and Jack are all EEs their first day of class is like 58 fays away...

I totally understand. But... 58 days is a ways away. We will have a coach well before that. I'm being totally honest- your son and every other EE/ recruit will be able to go anywhere they want even on the 55th day if necessary. Just hang tight because the canes are gonna light up college football once more. 4-6 weeks tops
Thats pretty good advice

Advertisement
Shaq is a cornerstone type of recruit and I hope he sticks however, getting the right coach this time around is more important than any recruit.

Sorry Shaq's dad.
I absolutely understand what you are saying from a recruits and recruits parents perspective.
But this decision is too important to rush. It should take however long it takes to get it right.

There is only one right choice and he is available immediately. Butch is clearly the choice. There isn't another choice out there that can make up for the shortcomings that the administration has allowed to grow. You guys are thinking we will find another JJ but you fail to remember that JJ was given a NC team with a NC QB and a Hesiman QB as backup with fabulous team and it took him 4 years to win a Bowl Game. I like Kaaya, but if you think he is Bernie and we have a Vinny on the bench our this team has a Playmaker, Batten and Alonzo hanging around for the next up and comer, you are nuts. Butch is the choice and it should be made immediately. There is no reason to play games wiih the recruits.

I understand that a coaching hire may be a distracter ... but the recruits are getting restless ... there is only like 50 days until the EE s are an campus ... somewhere

Pretty ridiculous thought, very rarely (if ever) is a coach hired before the season is over. A ton of good candidates are coaching their teams right now.

Honestly, getting this hire right is 1000x more important then this recruiting class.

True except when the choice is both obvious and available. You are correct, the right hire is more important than a few recruits. But when the right coach is waiting in the parking lot to get started, waiting is stupid.

if the players defeat UNC they may well run the table for 2 more wins. With UNC as suspect as they are (since their schedule have been soft), they can very well lose to either Vtech or NCState. This would propel UM to the ACC Title game, and a premier bowl game as ACC Title game participant, even as the 2nd best ACC team if they lose the ACC Title game, it would warrant the best bowl game in over 10 years,

I understand that a coaching hire may be a distracter ... but the recruits are getting restless ... there is only like 50 days until the EE s are an campus ... somewhere

Having said that, it'd be unlikely for UM Admin & BoT to announce/pick a new coach while the players are balling and on this run. As a fan, you want UM players to beat all their opponents yet defeating teams and being on a run to the ACC Title game is a condition that what won't cause this decision to be hastened, but make decision delayed. The flip side: No Haste is that UM players run the table. I know that with the players run the table, they would get a better shot at getting consideration from any available coach. And from the handful of top elite coaches (anywhere, any level) that may not have taken the UM position seriously or given it a second look, these players' successful body of work [by then] would surely secure these players and their team an actual consideration from these top coaches to coach our players.

Coaches measure an upcoming team and college by lots of factors, but chief factor amongst many factors by the truly elite coaches that have choices is the actual team of players that'd strapping up for Spring and the upcoming Fall season. The U will be loaded for 2016, and a coach considering all the teams with vacancy can see that the U has the top team returning in 2016 and thus UM players give the respected top elite coach the best chance of being successful right off the bat, bar none.

I see a whole other huge intangible benefit (tangible to me) that if the team run the table, then the incoming Coach won't have to think (and lower expectation) and sell that he is coming as a savior of this sinking ship, and needs time. And thus, he has to rebuild and keep more water from coming in, so he is all in on stopping and stabilizing the hemorrhaging (bleeding) before he could tackle the task at hand....then the whole cycle of rebuilding is being re-run all over again. [***** that!]

A winning current UM team blunts that crap, and the incoming Coach, Butch or whomever most elite Coach, would recognize they need to start playing for Titles right away, and ***** rebuilding. Rather, just win and re-load ! What should a parent want? If UM get blown out by UNC this Saturday, the new coach will be announced shortly. Having patience brings the best karma for UM Football and your son's future team.

Advertisement

Pretty ridiculous thought, very rarely (if ever) is a coach hired before the season is over. A ton of good candidates are coaching their teams right now.

Honestly, getting this hire right is 1000x more important then this recruiting class.

True except when the choice is both obvious and available. You are correct, the right hire is more important than a few recruits. But when the right coach is waiting in the parking lot to get started, waiting is stupid.

The Miami Hurricanes program needs to clear out the stink of Donna Shalalalallala, Al Golden, and the last miserable wasted 10+ years. the RIGHT man to do that is Butch Davis....even Stevie Wonder can see that.

Quick question it seems as though golden was a great recruiter, while other schools have fired and lost coaches ie usc etc etc it seems as though we have the most decommits not many kids decomitting from other schools

Quick question it seems as though golden was a great recruiter, while other schools have fired and lost coaches ie usc etc etc it seems as though we have the most decommits not many kids decomitting from other schools

:ttdG2M10mxVZxan.jpg

Still got a Golden **** lurking around here.

Advertisement
Shaq is a cornerstone type of recruit and I hope he sticks however, getting the right coach this time around is more important than any recruit.
I agree and thank you... I guess the point I'm trying to make is the right coach is available now

if the players defeat UNC they may well run the table for 2 more wins. With UNC as suspect as they are (since their schedule have been soft), they can very well lose to either Vtech or NCState. This would propel UM to the ACC Title game, and a premier bowl game as ACC Title game participant, even as the 2nd best ACC team if they lose the ACC Title game, it would warrant the best bowl game in over 10 years,

Having said that, it'd be unlikely for UM Admin & BoT to announce/pick a new coach while the players are balling and on this run. As a fan, you want UM players to beat all their opponents yet defeating teams and being on a run to the ACC Title game is a condition that what won't cause this decision to be hastened, but make decision delayed. The flip side: No Haste is that UM players run the table. I know that with the players run the table, they would get a better shot at getting consideration from any available coach. And from the handful of top elite coaches (anywhere, any level) that may not have taken the UM position seriously or given it a second look, these players' successful body of work [by then] would surely secure these players and their team an actual consideration from these top coaches to coach our players.

Coaches measure an upcoming team and college by lots of factors, but chief factor amongst many factors by the truly elite coaches that have choices is the actual team of players that'd strapping up for Spring and the upcoming Fall season. The U will be loaded for 2016, and a coach considering all the teams with vacancy can see that the U has the top team returning in 2016 and thus UM players give the respected top elite coach the best chance of being successful right off the bat, bar none.

I see a whole other huge intangible benefit (tangible to me) that if the team run the table, then the incoming Coach won't have to think (and lower expectation) and sell that he is coming as a savior of this sinking ship, and needs time. And thus, he has to rebuild and keep more water from coming in, so he is all in on stopping and stabilizing the hemorrhaging (bleeding) before he could tackle the task at hand....then the whole cycle of rebuilding is being re-run all over again. [***** that!]

A winning current UM team blunts that crap, and the incoming Coach, Butch or whomever most elite Coach, would recognize they need to start playing for Titles right away, and ***** rebuilding. Rather, just win and re-load ! What should a parent want? If UM get blown out by UNC this Saturday, the new coach will be announced shortly. Having patience brings the best karma for UM Football and your son's future team.
Great point...and responce

The Miami Hurricanes program needs to clear out the stink of Donna Shalalalallala, Al Golden, and the last miserable wasted 10+ years. the RIGHT man to do that is Butch Davis....even Stevie Wonder can see that.

Amen!

Gotta look on the bright side, Shaq Daddy. Shaq and his crew are in a very unique situation now. They're going to be EE's under a new coach with zero personal bias toward any veterans on the roster. From what I remember, you've been very reasonable about what you're expecting in relationship to immediate playing time for Shaq but at a minimum this throws out any non-ability based depth chart preferences/tendencies that an already entrenched head coach almost always has.

Advertisement
poppa shaq your son is the best inside linebacker in the nation lets say worst case scenario we hire a coach who does not want shaq (wich will be impossible given the fact that we are thin at LB) and a new staff cant really pick and choose the new coach will be salivating knowing he has this savage committed, Then what will simply happen is shaq can go to his second option NO WAY a coach tells shaq there is no space for him. So my point is shaq has the leverage in his recruitment unlike lower ranked kids that really do get left out do to space. My best advice is for him to wait it out im beyond sure the new coach will be hired before the December dead period. If anything this should make you and shaq happy the fact that we actually care about football again and that we are trying to make sure we make the right hire thats why the search takes this long.

Read between the lines. This is clearly UKnow's subtle way of endorsing Butch without coming right out and saying that's who he wants just in case someone else gets hired. He doesn't want to burn bridges in case someone else is hired, but this is clearly a "Hire Butch" thread.

Advertisement
Read between the lines. This is clearly UKnow's subtle way of endorsing Butch without coming right out and saying that's who he wants just in case someone else gets hired. He doesn't want to burn bridges in case someone else is hired, but this is clearly a "Hire Butch" thread.

Regardless of who the next coach is they are going to want shaq, he is that good and best inside linebacker in the nation. We need this wrapped up by thanksgiving week we have to get zach mccloud back to line him up with shaq and Mike pickney. These are the best linebacker recruits we have had in years. We have to see it come to fruition. Papa shaq do you think we can get mccloud back?

So, what exactly is the question?

Advertisement
Back