Hill Visiting this weekend? anyone know?

You ever been to the Chicago Oven Grinder company? They do a thing called the pizza pot pie or something. Saw pictures of it on some website one day. Looked pretty **** good.
My brother was there last month and said it was awesome. Wait times are ridiculous tho. I’ve seen it on Chicago’s Best a while ago. Think I may try and get there in the summertime.

Advertisement
Went to Chitown once, for the Miami/ND game at Soldier Field. Stayed in River North and had an absolute blast! What a cool city. The game was freakin terrible though. I'll never be able to get the image out of my brain of that Dorsett drop on the opening play. I said all weekend that we had a chance if we scored quickly. We call a great play action, PD is WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN, ball is throw perfectly and it was like time went into slow motion as that ball floated right onto PDs track, the entire section of Canes around me rose to their feet as BOOM we were scoring 7 on opening play... and then he drops it. Just flat out drops it. I've never experienced a better version of the old expression taking the wind out of the sails than that moment right there. You could literally feel it in the air. From that moment on, just a woodshed beatdown. Brutal. I love PD, but I'll never forgive him for that drop.

My brother was there last month and said it was awesome. Wait times are ridiculous tho. I’ve seen it on Chicago’s Best a while ago. Think I may try and get there in the summertime.

I am def gonna put in on the list next time I am up there for work.

Went to Chitown once, for the Miami/ND game at Soldier Field. Stayed in River North and had an absolute blast! What a cool city. The game was freakin terrible though. I'll never be able to get the image out of my brain of that Dorsett drop on the opening play. I said all weekend that we had a chance if we scored quickly. We call a great play action, PD is WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN, ball is throw perfectly and it was like time went into slow motion as that ball floated right onto PDs track, the entire section of Canes around me rose to their feet as BOOM we were scoring 7 on opening play... and then he drops it. Just flat out drops it. I've never experienced a better version of the old expression taking the wind out of the sails than that moment right there. You could literally feel it in the air. From that moment on, just a woodshed beatdown. Brutal. I love PD, but I'll never forgive him for that drop.
I had a chance to go but I said no cuz I thought Miami would get smoked (which they did) and everyone in my neighborhood are ND or Illinois fans so I didn’t wanna deal with that **** either. A bunch of people in my area went to the game.

Where’d you stay in River North? I love going to the city and staying down in River North or the Mag Mile for the weekend.

Advertisement
I had a chance to go but I said no cuz I thought Miami would get smoked (which they did) and everyone in my neighborhood are ND or Illinois fans so I didn’t wanna deal with that **** either. A bunch of people in my area went to the game.

Where’d you stay in River North? I love going to the city and staying down in River North or the Mag Mile for the weekend.
Stayed at a Red Roof Inn we got some super good rate on. I now know why it was such a good rate, the place was an absolute dump! It was in a fantastic location though. Partied most of the weekend at some irish pub nearby that became basically a Canes hangout and had a killer bloody mary brunch. Was able to walk to the stadium. It was a great trip!

As another poster said he is OVing at Mizzou. They might not be able to take him though as there is some still work he needs to do in the classroom and they are not sure if they can wait for that to get done. They have other HS kids they have offers out to and if those kids can fill the spots before Hill can get his work done Mizzou will not wait on him.
Thought he was for sure a lock to be a Cane. We never learn, do we?

Wonder what the holdup is. Maybe it’s him or Phillips for Miami or maybe Diaz turned him down flatly. Weird, because when the rumors started Ivins said that Miami did not make contact, but suddenly when 2/3 people started confirming he was coming to UM he has an OV somewhere else?

Advertisement
Stayed at a Red Roof Inn we got some super good rate on. I now know why it was such a good rate, the place was an absolute dump! It was in a fantastic location though. Partied most of the weekend at some irish pub nearby that became basically a Canes hangout and had a killer bloody mary brunch. Was able to walk to the stadium. It was a great trip!
They closed that hotel and renovated it recently lol. Think I know the bar you are talking about. In 2016 the day of the Nd Miami game at Nd I stayed across the street at the Courtyard and walked to Potbelly nearby and saw a bunch of Canes fans in that bar.

They closed that hotel and renovated it recently lol. Think I know the bar you are talking about. In 2016 the day of the Nd Miami game at Nd I stayed across the street at the Courtyard and walked to Potbelly nearby and saw a bunch of Canes fans in that bar.
Glad to hear they remodeled that place! I'd go back to Chicago in a heartbeat.

Best place to have a "deep dish" and I use quotes because it is not your traditional "deep dish" it's a deep dish pot pie is Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder on 2121 n clark st. First time I ever went to Chicago, I asked my buddy who grew up there to tell me a place to go to, first place he said was this one. And holy sheeeeeet it is fantastic. It's cash only, been around forever. Every time I go up to Chicago, one of the days I am there always without a doubt. Picture some 85 year old Sicilian grand mother is waking up every day at 4 in the morning to start slow cooking the marinara. Hands down the best, and order the Mediterranean bread to start off. Trust me on this

So about Tre? How we looking?

Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder, anybody who goes to Chicago must go there

Advertisement
I live in the Midwest now. 3 hrs from Chitown. I been there once. Good food. What's the best pizza in the Chi if you know? I had Giordano's and it was good, but I want a place where the locals go.

I had Lou Malnati's in the Chi. Bomb as ****..

Advertisement
Here's you guys stalking players social media
downloadfile-27.gif

Advertisement
Back