Hightower reppin the U (highlights)

Washington couldn't block Alabama, the qb was running for his life right after the snap. The trenches was an enormous mismatch . Randy Moss could've been out there and he's had the same stats as Ross. Nobody gets open in 1.5 / 2 seconds

I don't disagree at all. But If you replace Williams with Ross, Clemson loses that football game despite having Watson and a great defense. And Ross is a good WR with elite elite speed. Alabama could negate Ross's use of speed to get open, but couldn't negate Williams' ability to make plays when covered.

This got sidetracked because I didn't articulate well in the first place. My whole point was that it seems like a lot of people on this board lately, have a hard on for 5'10" 170lb WR's who all run sub 4.4's and don't appreciate guys like Hightower who aren't blazer but can create space even when covered. I just think you need a balance at the WR spot because some games, like in the national championship game, a guy like Williams is more valuable than a guy like Ross. I like Hightower's skill set and think he compliments the speed guys like Thomas and Harley, who tend to have a harder time making plays against fast, physical teams like Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson. I always think about teams like Oregon who's fast little dudes always had a hard time creating space against the elite physical teams.

Not sure about that. Watson made a lot of plays out of the pocket and the Clemson o-line did a fairly good job against the car bammer jammer d-line, at least better than Washington.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back