Highest recruiting moments we’ve ever had?

The whole thing was a ****show. From admin not caring and investing into the program to Shannon’s Dog House. From local coaches not wanting to send their kids here. A bunch of coordinator changes and lots of injuries and other issues to some of these guys. It could have been a great class, but It wasn’t just the kid’s faults. There’s never been a team as good in HS like that MNW team (from top to bottom) so you can’t say it’s cause they all came from the same school. If they let Jacory run whatever he wanted his whole time here with all those skilled guys he would have won the Hiesman.
C'mon now friend.

Too early for you to hit the hukkah pipe this hard.

Pace yourself.

Advertisement
All of the ones I remembered the most have already been said, so ill go with my first recruiting memory/what felt like a colossal win. Getting Seantrel Henderson to sign. 2010 was when i started getting into recruiting, With that year being my graduating class, and seeing this 6'8 behemoth of an OL from Minnesota get out of his LOI with USC, I SCOURED as many college football sites as I could to see if Miami had any shot in ****.

I was so elated when he was here, he IMO was alot better than given credit for (still remember him playing pretty well against D. Bowers in his FR year).... was just right outside of the correct timeline when it came to smoking weed. Then unfortunately Crohn's..

The whole thing was a ****show. From admin not caring and investing into the program to Shannon’s Dog House. From local coaches not wanting to send their kids here. A bunch of coordinator changes and lots of injuries and other issues to some of these guys. It could have been a great class, but It wasn’t just the kid’s faults. There’s never been a team as good in HS like that MNW team (from top to bottom) so you can’t say it’s cause they all came from the same school. If they let Jacory run whatever he wanted his whole time here with all those skilled guys he would have won the Hiesman.
So much lacking at the time. Player development. Strength and nutrition (as in the latter, I’ve read that McDonalds was the latter).

Advertisement
The number 1 overall recruit in the nation in 1989. https://www.texasfootball.com/hof-jessie-armstead?ref=search
278685174_7354533454588336_2844599783501169801_n~2.jpg

Samson Okunola - Francis Mauioga - Tommy Kinsler - Rueben Bain - Collin Ache - Jayden Wayne

the linemen we recruited in 2023 will go down quietly as the highest recruiting moment, chain reaction positive we have had in the century.
Best Trenches Class I've seen for us. Definitely not properly rated by our fanbase because one dude left.

Advertisement
C'mon now friend.

Too early for you to hit the hukkah pipe this hard.

Pace yourself.
Nah dawg, Harris was his own OC in HS lol. We never ran an offense that suited him and he had like 4 OCs in his time here smh. If you switched him and geno smith who was at WVA slinging it Geno does nothing here under the circumstances Harris went through and Harris breaks records in Genos offense as well.

Nah dawg, Harris was his own OC in HS lol. We never ran an offense that suited him and he had like 4 OCs in his time here smh. If you switched him and geno smith who was at WVA slinging it Geno does nothing here under the circumstances Harris went through and Harris breaks records in Genos offense as well.
Jacory was such a legit high school prospect from a leadership standpoint. He, forston and Spence basically ran their fall camp after the Easterling fallout. And I believe Lughinbill said Jacory was one of the three high school qb’s he knew of (Peyton manning and Chris simms being the others) at the time who basically called his own offense (he had full freedom to audible, for example).

48% of the top 25 recruits in the ACC this year are going to Miami.

If we stack classes like this together we’ll be winning games regardless of who is coaching in the next few years

A couple had said it already, but when Arthur Brown chose us it felt like a big moment. Both because we landed a 5-star from outside of South Florida, and knowing that likely made us the favorites for his brother.

Runner-up for me would be getting Ray Ray Armstrong during the UA AA Game. He exploded up the rankings at the end from what I remember, and it felt like he could be a program-changer.

Advertisement
Yeah I think anytime that much talent is coming from one school (img is different as it pulls in from other places) we should be suspect that they might have been overhyped

Some turned out legit, including the one player we didn’t Nab from the school

Also that class is heavily skewed on quantity not quality. We were highly ranked because we signed somewhere around 33 kids but our star average was barely above a 3.4. We were just ahead of Colorado as far as quality....

Most recently (excluding this class) 2012 started to do it for me (false hope). The overall class was mid but landing Bush, Howard, Duke (a gimmie), Jelani, McCord, Kirby....Flowers.

I thought that one would give us some juice to build from going forward.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember waiting like 2 years for :alien: to come aboard. At one point no one would say his name. Would just put the :alien: and everyone knew who you were referencing. He was worth the wait.

Advertisement
Back