Highest recruiting moments we’ve ever had?

Canesfan_134

Sophomore
We just signed the #1 class in the ACC and a the #7 class nationally. I would put this class as the best in recent memory at least a decade. Had Cormani stuck it out we’d have a Top5 class.

What’s the best recruiting moments of all-time you guys can remember? It can be a class as a whole or individual signings/commitments.

Advertisement
Moments of the last decade for me would be chad Thomas committing, Stacy coley (even though he wasn’t a 5* still was desperately needed an a happy NSD surprise), Francis mauigoa

I hope we get air Noland and trader and those will be up there if they stick

Advertisement
2008. Thought it’d be one for the ages.

Spoiler alert: it wasn’t.
The class ended up being #1 overall with several guys as top100 national prospects: DT Marcus Forston, LB Arthur Brown, CB Brandon Harris, WR Aldarius Johnson, S Ramon Buchanan, LB Marcus Robinson, LB Jordan Futch, WR Tommy Streeter, LB Sean Spence. Who all projected to be superstars only a few of these guys were productive…

Miami Northwestern had just won the national championship and Booker T Washington finished as a top team nationally as well. We got about a dozen recruits from those two schools alone. Jacory Harris was the most prolific QB in Dade history with All-American honors.

The craziest part at one point in time we also had CB Patrick Johnson/Peterson committed for a long time he was considered to be the best player in Broward, DB nationally and defensive player nationally that year.

We also had RB Bryce Brown who was the younger brother of LB Arthur Brown committed at this time as well. He was ranked by rivals as the #1 overall player in the nation in 2009.

At this point in time it looked like we were in the process of assembling the next national championship team. But Peterson flipped to L$U last minute. Arthur Brown transferred out and Bryce never came. Also of note we signed 8 players from one high school and didn’t sign LaVonte David who ended up being the best from that MNW group. Randy Shannon was a horrible coach and never developed the amazing talent he acquired.

Moments of the last decade for me would be chad Thomas committing, Stacy coley (even though he wasn’t a 5* still was desperately needed an a happy NSD surprise), Francis mauigoa

I hope we get air Noland and trader and those will be up there if they stick
Agree Noland and Trader would be! We need an OC!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DJ Williams to Miami
Devin Hester to Miami
Kyle Wright to Miam
Mauigoua and Pancake to Miami
Kyle Wright Gatorade National POY. There was an article stating that the city of Miami hasn’t seen a arm this great since Marino… Several different OCs was the death of this young man. He did however have a rocket arm just never put it all together.

DJ Williams and WW both were great. LaVar Arrington would’ve been on this same level as he was leaning towards coming to Miami until Bowden and Chuck Amato lied to his family and told them Miami was dangerous and would be a horrible place for him to attend. Imagine a LB corps of Arrington, Nate Webster and Dan Morgan…

Advertisement
Back