Highest recruiting moments we’ve ever had?

It was one of the biggest ones that was in the last 5-10 years, even if he didn’t pan out.

At the time, He was the highest rated defensive recruit miami
Had signed in years. Plus always great trolling the Gaytors.
I always love trolling the turds but wasn’t Nesta highly rated as well the class before? And then we followed it up with JW and LT so I just see it as odd to mention him.

Then again I have 20/20 hindsight so maybe that’s clouding my judgement 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
I always love trolling the turds but wasn’t Nesta highly rated as well the class before? And then we followed it up with JW and LT so I just see it as odd to mention him.

Then again I have 20/20 hindsight so maybe that’s clouding my judgement 🤷‍♂️

Nests was a 4 star but AW was the 5 star that proved Banda/Diaz could recruit on the trail with the big boys. Obviously didn’t work out but it gave them more credibility when going after guys like JW and LT next year.

Plus with those two Covid helped a ton.

Nests was a 4 star but AW was the 5 star that proved Banda/Diaz could recruit on the trail with the big boys. Obviously didn’t work out but it gave them more credibility when going after guys like JW and LT next year.

Oh I agree COVID was THE factor that landed us those two but AW was not a five star. Where are you getting that from??

Oh I agree COVID was THE factor that landed us those two but AW was not a five star. Where are you getting that from??

Rivals and 247 had him as a 5 star #1 or 2 safety in the country for most of his junior senior year if I remember correctly. If he’s not now oh well. I just remember at least for recent guys he was a catalyst

Advertisement
Rivals and 247 had him as a 5 star #1 or 2 safety in the country for most of his junior senior year if I remember correctly. If he’s not now oh well. I just remember at least for recent guys he was a catalyst
Maybe his junior year but these players play and then commit during the senior year which is was matters more. He wasn't a 5 star during his senior year.

We just signed the #1 class in the ACC and a the #7 class nationally. I would put this class as the best in recent memory at least a decade. Had Cormani stuck it out we’d have a Top5 class.

What’s the best recruiting moments of all-time you guys can remember? It can be a class as a whole or individual signings/commitments.
I started following since 08 this was the best class by far.

Advertisement
This season. Getting the two five star offensive linemen should be transformational. This class was structured far better than the 2008 class (7 wide receivers!)
That class as of now was awful. David the only one doing anything and by far and I better not hear he had elite coaching and development at Nebraska. Cause they a **** show for as long as we been one.

The 2000-2002 recruiting classes. Internet and social media really started advancing. More websites being created that focused on recruiting. We now had 24/7 access to keep up with recruiting. I had never really followed recruiting very closely until 2000.
2000 - This was the first recruiting class I really started to follow. DJ Williams was the prize. People who weren't around then or old enough to remember might have no idea that the recruitment of DJ was huge.

2001 - Ton of studs in this class. Lot of excitement when we got Frank Gore.

2002 - Ryan Moore was the prize of this class as far as recruiting. I thought him and Akieem Jolla were going to be elite. I'm not sure Jolla saw the field. This is when we finally started seeing some of our highly ranked recruits not live up to the hype. Nate Harris was another disappointment.

After these classes, my excitement for following recruiting so heavily started to wear off a little. Was easy to get consumed by it. Obviously, 2008 brought back some excitement, but I don't pay as much attention to recruiting now due to all the drama.

the 2004 class. seemed like we landed everyone that class...Willie Williams, Rhyan Anderson, Dwayne Hendricks, Andrew Johnson, James Bryant were all big time national guys that we landed on signing day. Added them to 5 stars Charlie Jones Leggett,Kirby Freeman ,McMeans. Of course they ended up all busting. incredible. Only good player to come from the class ended up being Calais Campbell

Advertisement
Crootin’ then wasn’t what it was now but still everybody knew DJ Williams. I remember his first action in the UW game - believe it was a few carries.

Madden notably said that he was the first player that he thought could make the jump from HS to NFL and this was around the time that was a big deal in college hoops/nba.

AW15 wasn’t a 5 star. He was the #2 S in the nation, but not a 5 star. The only S that was a 5 star that cycle was Jaylon Jones (A&M), but what u said was spot on.

Advertisement
The 2000-2002 recruiting classes. Internet and social media really started advancing. More websites being created that focused on recruiting. We now had 24/7 access to keep up with recruiting. I had never really followed recruiting very closely until 2000.
2000 - This was the first recruiting class I really started to follow. DJ Williams was the prize. People who weren't around then or old enough to remember might have no idea that the recruitment of DJ was huge.

2001 - Ton of studs in this class. Lot of excitement when we got Frank Gore.

2002 - Ryan Moore was the prize of this class as far as recruiting. I thought him and Akieem Jolla were going to be elite. I'm not sure Jolla saw the field. This is when we finally started seeing some of our highly ranked recruits not live up to the hype. Nate Harris was another disappointment.

After these classes, my excitement for following recruiting so heavily started to wear off a little. Was easy to get consumed by it. Obviously, 2008 brought back some excitement, but I don't pay as much attention to recruiting now due to all the drama.
It was over in regards to Gore in 2000 when Butch got him the necessary Class/Educational help he needed. Same with Hester, it was over as a HS Freshman in 1999, Pagano, with Butch's blessing offered him a full ride to UM.

The class ended up being #1 overall with several guys as top100 national prospects: DT Marcus Forston, LB Arthur Brown, CB Brandon Harris, WR Aldarius Johnson, S Ramon Buchanan, LB Marcus Robinson, LB Jordan Futch, WR Tommy Streeter, LB Sean Spence. Who all projected to be superstars only a few of these guys were productive…

Miami Northwestern had just won the national championship and Booker T Washington finished as a top team nationally as well. We got about a dozen recruits from those two schools alone. Jacory Harris was the most prolific QB in Dade history with All-American honors.

The craziest part at one point in time we also had CB Patrick Johnson/Peterson committed for a long time he was considered to be the best player in Broward, DB nationally and defensive player nationally that year.

We also had RB Bryce Brown who was the younger brother of LB Arthur Brown committed at this time as well. He was ranked by rivals as the #1 overall player in the nation in 2009.

At this point in time it looked like we were in the process of assembling the next national championship team. But Peterson flipped to L$U last minute. Arthur Brown transferred out and Bryce never came. Also of note we signed 8 players from one high school and didn’t sign LaVonte David who ended up being the best from that MNW group. Randy Shannon was a horrible coach and never developed the amazing talent he acquired.
The whole thing was a ****show. From admin not caring and investing into the program to Shannon’s Dog House. From local coaches not wanting to send their kids here. A bunch of coordinator changes and lots of injuries and other issues to some of these guys. It could have been a great class, but It wasn’t just the kid’s faults. There’s never been a team as good in HS like that MNW team (from top to bottom) so you can’t say it’s cause they all came from the same school. If they let Jacory run whatever he wanted his whole time here with all those skilled guys he would have won the Hiesman.

We just signed the #1 class in the ACC and a the #7 class nationally. I would put this class as the best in recent memory at least a decade. Had Cormani stuck it out we’d have a Top5 class.

What’s the best recruiting moments of all-time you guys can remember? It can be a class as a whole or individual signings/commitments.
Jimmy Murphy!

Advertisement
Back