High School Football Coaches Leaving Florida

Been to Austin and Houston. I like Texas too.
I'm about 40 minutes outside of Houston. Small town but 2nd safest city in Texas with A-rated school system. The food in Texas compared to Florida is like upgrading from a 3rd world country.

Advertisement
Valdosta HS gives you the house and truck along with your salary.

I live in Raleigh, $270K house it's a 3/2.5 with a finished basement and a pool w/ a nice yard across from a park. I make 20K more than I would in Orlando where that would cost me what $800+?
Orlando is an overrated sh*thole....I left 5yrs ago, and it would've been 10yrs ago, but I would've lost alot of $$$$$. The entire city area is a rat-infested filthy dump.

the-rent-is-too-****-high-too-****-high.gif

Understood.
The bill is going to cost home and condo owners money and with these particular condos there is major infrastructure that needs to be upgraded including water and sewage stuff....but it doesn't help when the folks responsible for managing HOA budget are not able to account for "missing" money.
I scaled down to a Townhome a few years ago-
1) I hate to getting told what i can and cannot due. An example (among many)....they tried to have a say on what I was doing with my interior reno, lol (I'm an architect).
2) The books are whacked out. Where TF is the money going to?

Orlando is an overrated sh*thole....I left 5yrs ago, and it would've been 10yrs ago, but I would've lost alot of $$$$$. The entire city area is a rat-infested filthy dump.
I don't feel THAT strongly about it. Left 8 years ago and doubt I would ever move back though. I visit once a year, that's enough for me. Raleigh on the other hand is pretty cool.

Advertisement
I scaled down to a Townhome a few years ago-
1) I hate to getting told what i can and cannot due. An example (among many)....they tried to have a say on what I was doing with my interior reno, lol (I'm an architect).
2) The books are whacked out. Where TF is the money going to?
Problem is there are more administrators then teachers and there is where the bucks are going: It’s like everything with the government all the $ are in the administration and not in the field

I work in Baldwin County, Alabama. I get paid a bit more as a teacher here than Orlando. I left Orlando during Covid and relocated here. I live in a beautiful area with solid schools, communities that want to be successful at everything and I have an awesome house.

Alabama pays more... City school systems pay even more.

If you teach Math or Science you work 2 extra days a year and teach TEAMS --- it pays an extra 15-20k.
I am getting my Masters which will bump my pay 10k. I also drive a bus for 45 minutes before and after school -- $17k.

The head football coaches make $100k if they have a Masters. They also make money from the city youth leagues and from the booster clubs.
Football coaches do very well.

Gulf Shores and Orange Beach broke off from Baldwin in they pay huge money. Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are probably paying their HC and Coordinators $300k to only coach football.. HC $150k plus and Coordinators are $100k. Gulf shores apparently pays a $35k stipend to their Middle school HC. Football is big time here. Shoot Orange Beach just stole Hoover's HC.

Lots of money floating around Baldwin County. It's growing like crazy. I just wanted to mention one thing. I don't think Orange Beach stole Waldrop. I think it was similar to Cal at Kentucky. If Waldrop would have had an average year in 2024, they were going to push him out of there. There were a lot of disgruntled people in Hoover. My godson plays for Hoover.

Advertisement
Back