Hey, Shannon

Advertisement
We're 5-0. #10 in the country. Bright future.

Let's leave the past in the past.

+1

Direct your hate at real scumbags, like Urban and Muschump. No need to call out a former Cane.

Agree completely. Randy is family, enough crap. He didn't intentionally hurt THE U and did more than any of us. Okay, not a good HC, but he is Cane so get off his back. He has right to earn a living like anyone else. Time to focus on how good things going.

We're going to make fun of Corch Shannon all we want here, thank you very much...if you don't like it go porst on the Arkansas board

Advertisement
difference between making fun of him (i.e. calling him radio, the thanks comma randy, and quoting "Joe, joe, Joe") and then just straight trashing him.

this thread is the latter.

I'm no Randy supporter but this thread is just stupid and pointless.

He is a good man and a Cane at heart who was in over his head and gave it his best. No need to rehash. Blame the people that hired him.

That is actually completely correct. DEEsaster hired Randy because he was cheap and he had neglected to do things like fund raise, plan ahead, upgrade the facilities, have a plan, etc.

He is a good man and a Cane at heart who was in over his head and gave it his best. No need to rehash. Blame the people that hired him.

That is actually completely correct. DEEsaster hired Randy because he was cheap and he had neglected to do things like fund raise, plan ahead, upgrade the facilities, have a plan, etc.

There are one or two points I'd like to make:

One: Shalala was behind hiring Radio, and behind the phony coaching search, the fraud "consultant" hire, and the phony "Leach showed up drunk to the interview" story.

Two: Does anybody remember laughter? Christ, more people defending Radio now than even back when he was coaching.

Three: That Catfish hole is ***. They did NOT have that when I was at U of Arkansas.

Four: Radio negatively recruited against the U, even when he was out of a job (helping his UL buddy, Strong)

Five: The only reason Arkansas hired him was to recruit S Fl

Six: Do you not remember what he did to the program?

Seven: Maybe if the Canes ever played a cot**** game, I wouldn't have to post about other things! Do we ever play again?

Last edited:
Advertisement

yes.

Randy was only making $800K as head coach here. He was hired because he was the cheapest available candidate. ****, he's making $315K as a position coach at Arkansas. That's probably double what UM pay any position coaches.

I have nothing against Randy but i despise Nights and his hater clan hating on Al and his staff. Randy was lazy and expected everyone including recruits and local high school coaches to come to him instead of putting in the hard work. He had his chance and made bad choices with his coaching staff and his approach on recruiting. Randy has no one to blame but himself. I have even less respect for him because of his poor choices of friends such as Nights and his racist hating clan. Al found the only way to shut that loser up,win! Some Cane fan, he is quite as a church mouse.

yes.

Randy was only making $800K as head coach here. He was hired because he was the cheapest available candidate. ****, he's making $315K as a position coach at Arkansas. That's probably double what UM pay any position coaches.

You get what you pay for.

Real simple, not only Randy tore this team down to the bottom, the whole Shapiro fiasco during Randy's watch. So not only Golden was given a bad team, a team going into probation without Golden knowing anything about it. Because of Randy and NCAA sanctions we have lost some great players that were on the fence with Miami and other teams after Randy got fired. We had to self impose a couple of bowl bans and lost a shot at going to a BSC game.

Randy was given the best opportunity in his life and he just sat back and collected his biggest paycheck. He did not do his job that he was payed to do. Bigger paycheck means more work, more responsibility.

Played games with players and high-school coaches that did not suck up to him. Burning local recruiting bridges. Bridgewater and others left before Shanon was canned. Was a lazy recruiter. Look how many great players left the Miami area. How many DTs did he recruit in his four years? There was Forston and that was about it. So maybe two that panned out. No d-line for years.

Randy was only good at sabotaging the team in about every way possible. I would call that treason what Randy did at UM as head coach. Now Shannon is trying to recruit south Florida players to the **** hole Arkansas. I was hopping South Carolina was going to run up 21 more points than they did on Arkansas. So hey Shannon, **** you and your new ****** team as linebacker coach. They deserve each other.

Advertisement
UA takes their recruits there so that the redneck Arkansas fans can yell at them.

[video=youtube;eXc2GFPTLNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXc2GFPTLNU[/video]

What a freak show. These people live sad lives.
its arkansaw what do you expect...they make bama look like south beach

Do they even let minorities into that place, or do they have to go around to the back, to order and pick up their food?
Don't see many of my Asian brothers there.
I've lived my post puberty life with the belief that in every place there is at least one gal harboring a secret Asian fantasy. You just have to find her.:cigar:

That shiithouse might discount my theory.

Last edited:
Shannon had his chance to be a HC. Nobody is knocking on his door for another HC job, of even a DC job. His 15 minutes are over.

Advertisement
Personally, I will thoroughly enjoy every Arkansas loss this year and will be hoping for a lot more of what they got yesterday. Those two fat underhanded hogs Beilema and coach Guntwood along with the Collins and Kirkland fiascos have made UA one of the teams I check up on every week in hopes of seeing something much worse than the Hindenburg disaster unfold. I don't care if that makes me look childish or petty. To me it's what comes naturally after all the BS we had to go through with that program last recruiting cycle...

Real simple, not only Randy tore this team down to the bottom, the whole Shapiro fiasco during Randy's watch. So not only Golden was given a bad team, a team going into probation without Golden knowing anything about it. Because of Randy and NCAA sanctions we have lost some great players that were on the fence with Miami and other teams after Randy got fired. We had to self impose a couple of bowl bans and lost a shot at going to a BSC game.

Randy was given the best opportunity in his life and he just sat back and collected his biggest paycheck. He did not do his job that he was payed to do. Bigger paycheck means more work, more responsibility.

Played games with players and high-school coaches that did not suck up to him. Burning local recruiting bridges. Bridgewater and others left before Shanon was canned. Was a lazy recruiter. Look how many great players left the Miami area. How many DTs did he recruit in his four years? There was Forston and that was about it. So maybe two that panned out. No d-line for years.

Randy was only good at sabotaging the team in about every way possible. I would call that treason what Randy did at UM as head coach. Now Shannon is trying to recruit south Florida players to the **** hole Arkansas. I was hopping South Carolina was going to run up 21 more points than they did on Arkansas. So hey Shannon, **** you and your new ****ty team as linebacker coach. They deserve each other.
memories
301.gif

The stage was too big for Shannon. He didn't have the mental capacity to handle a position with this much responsibility. Blame Shalala or the AD for forcing an unqualified candidate into the position, not him. He was destined to fail. One 10 minute conversation with him should have been enough for her to realize that. She wanted to feel all warm and fuzzy about having diversity on the staff, and in return she marched out a poor simpleton to be mocked by the masses. He probably cried under his desk at night. A lazy hire by the people above him basically set him up on a tee to become a public punchline.

I wouldn't ask a golden retriever to fly me to Vegas, and we should not have asked Randy Shannon to be the head guy at a major program.

Advertisement
Back