Hey guys remember December

Problem2

All-American
Premium
When people were saying Pastor Richt couldn't recruit anymore. Good times

**** you to those who did. Top 2 class on the way

Advertisement
As much as I agree with you, liked last class, and think we will pull in a huge class this year...A reminder we started fast the last 3-4 years recruiting and lead the world in de-commitments.

i think this class ends up top 5 but its early. south florida kids will flock to sign with Miami if this team can win some games this year u win 10-11 games and compete for costal while freshman like jeff Thomas contribute and kids will see a program on upside,

plus as richt has stated recruiting is now a 2-3 yr cycle and they had only a yr and ended up with a top 15 class, plus all the bridge mending he had to do from golden offering 2 and 3 star out of state kids while ignoring 3 star kids in state,

As much as I agree with you, liked last class, and think we will pull in a huge class this year...A reminder we started fast the last 3-4 years recruiting and lead the world in de-commitments.

Last class out of the 14 decommits we had, 11 were not wanted Miami. Only 3 richt wanted was Henderson, Edwards and mckitty

Advertisement
We make it to the ACCCG the class will finish top 5 and the Buzz around the program will be crazy heading into 2018.

I'm always a boss about mine, and I'm not going to all of sudden pretend like I wasn't on Richt and this staff's head. I was doubtful, and now grateful. One thing I forgot was just how truly damaged this program has been. Coker being lazy on the recruiting front, waiting for kids to come to him. Shannon only recruiting a couple of schools, neglecting others. And Golden.....Golden putting the nail in the coffin and burying the casket. Richt had to work at rebuilding broken relationships, being a positive experience in the community again, earn the trust of coaches and parents...foolish of me and everyone else to think in the blink of an eye, everything would be turned around. Actually we're ahead of schedule.

People look at Saban's, Meyer's, Harbaugh's, McChew's, Malzhan, and Smart's first year recruiting bumps...and none of them had to deal w what Richt inherited.
-Yes Saban took over a dump in Bama, but he was also only 4 years removed from a National Title and coming from the NFL.
-Meyer came to a steady OSU program w 2 titles under his belt.
-Harbaugh came to a dumpster fire at U-M, but he took over a bad Stanford and 9er program and made them both championship contenders on the NCAA and NFL level.
-McChew used Saban's name and took over a UF program who won two National titles in the last 10 years b4 he took over.
-Malzhan took over a program who just won a National title 3 years prior.
-Smart took over a program that Richt had brought to National prominence, and built as a mainstay in the Georgia community.

It was unfair to demand what we demanded from Richt, who inherited a program who hasn't done ish on the National level since 04, sprinkled a 1st round pick here and there, prior coaches who had ruined player's ability to earn a living...I mean it was a grip to overcome, and I, for one, will apologize for being a Debbie Downer and being unrealistic in expectations. He's actually exceeded them, when I sit back and reflect.

This staff was out recruited at RB and DB last cycle. Overall it was still a good class.

This cycle is different. Completely different. No reason to cry about McFarland with Lingawww committed and recruiting. No reason to cry about those foolish DBs up north with the savages committed (currently, and down the road).

2018 will be a special and elite class. [MENTION=356]JHallCanes[/MENTION], [MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION], @HighYellaVern

This staff was out recruited at RB and DB last cycle. Overall it was still a good class.

This cycle is different. Completely different. No reason to cry about McFarland with Lingawww committed and recruiting. No reason to cry about those foolish DBs up north with the savages committed (currently, and down the road).

2018 will be a special and elite class. @JHallCanes, @rokulika, @HighYellaVern
Irrefutable

Advertisement
IMG_0058.JPG

I member!!

Someone should call those faaaaggot posters out. Show the screen shots on this thread or something.

Three things: first of all, Al Golden is no longer coaching here. We will (most likely) not look like garbage on the field after a solid recruiting start. Second, our starts with Golden always seemed to be more quantity than quality, with a couple highly ranked guys at the top and then a bunch of three stars to shoot up the rankings.

Third, Al Golden is no longer coaching here.

Advertisement

2018 will be a special and elite class. [MENTION=356]JHallCanes[/MENTION], [MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION], @HighYellaVern

Agreed... this class is starting to feel different, we don't have dudes committing just to get other offers.... if we can win 10-11 games this can be the class that tells us that "we back"

Must be a recruiting rookie, this class isn't even a month old

We have 12 months until the ink dries, might as well be a decade in recruiting time

Advertisement
It's going to be tough to unseat Bama, OSU , Clemson, or Michigan for a top3 class but we definitely have a shot.

I don't care where this or any class ends up being ranked. I am content to let Alabaga, OSU*, et al compete for the annual recruiting championships.

Look at our 2016 class, it was ranked what, 20 something? Yet, you'd be hard pressed to find a Freshmen class that was more productive.

UM guys are a different breed, you know it when you see them, and I am really impressed with how many of them are lining up throughout the tri-county area.

We just need to finally get our heads out of our collective asses and finally WIN.

8-4/9-3 just won't cut it anymore. 10-2 and ACCCG appearance or GTFO.

Advertisement
Back