Hey, guess what? House music!

Where do I begin? Lets start with Sasha, Digweed, Maceo Plex, Carl Cox, Guy J, Dubfire, Richie Hawten, Oona Dahl, PVD. I could go on and on. Sasha's my fave.
Now we’re talking Stylie! Surprised you threw oonah in there. She’s fanstastic but not as well know as those titans you just named

Advertisement
We used to call it house and then it became techno and now it's called edm or whatever the ****k...DO YOU THINK I CARE!?!?!?

Post some ******* house/techno/edm music or ****k all the way the ****k off!!!
What are you talking about? Techno and edm is NOT house music. Not anywhere close. Techno is far different from house technically and sonically.

Techno music has no rhythm. Calling techno or EDM a house music sound would be like calling death metal a Jazz sound

You can groove and really dance to a real house track because of the kick drum on every beat and the much slower tempo. You can even break dance to many house tracks, and many do, because you can move on the breakbeat.

Techno and EDM has no rhythm you can dance to because the 2 and 4 beat is a clap or snare. All you can do to that sound is jump in place or fist pump. You can’t dance to that sound at all.

This is what a true house track sounds like:

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Techno and edm is NOT house music. Not anywhere close. Techno is far different from house technically and sonically.

Techno music has no rhythm. Calling techno or EDM a house music sound would be like calling death metal a Jazz sound

You can groove and really dance to a real house track because of the kick drum on every beat and the much slower tempo. You can even break dance to many house tracks, and many do, because you can move on the breakbeat.

Techno and EDM has no rhythm you can dance to because the 2 and 4 beat is a clap or snare. All you can do to that sound is jump in place or fist pump. You can’t dance to that sound at all.

This is what a true house track sounds like:

I’m as deep into the scene of house and techno you will find. I understand what you are trying to say but you can certainly dance to techno. Of course there is some super high bpm techno out there like dax j but there is still a groove to it. EDM is complete trash. Wish it wasn’t even posted in this thread, but for whatever reason Americans love it. That so called house track you just posted is not a house track. That’s basically a smooth jazz track with a small baseline

Techno tracks “you could dance too”

Advertisement
Now we’re talking Stylie! Surprised you threw oonah in there. She’s fanstastic but not as well know as those titans you just named
She's awesome. I saw her a year ago here in Phoenix. Just from looking at the tracks you posted, I'd imagine we like the same people. I was supposed to see Pan Pot before everything got shut down.

Advertisement
She's awesome. I saw her a year ago here in Phoenix. Just from looking at the tracks you posted, I'd imagine we like the same people. I was supposed to see Pan Pot before everything got shut down.
3 years ago I attended a 12 hour party in Tampa. Ended up at an afters at a mansion and she and her boyfriend DJ Three were on the decks. It was very dope, they played til like noon before they had to go to their next gig.

These guys are big now and great in concert. Going to try to get my buddy to have them play at the next ULTRA. If they ever have one again. :(

3 years ago I attended a 12 hour party in Tampa. Ended up at an afters at a mansion and she and her boyfriend DJ Three were on the decks. It was very dope, they played til like noon before they had to go to their next gig.
That's awesome dude. I want to date Oona Dahl. We need to get Three out of the picture. 12 hour parties are a good time. When I was younger, we would do the club, after party, and after after party. So out of control. I lived in Orlando from 06-07. I saw a lot of people around FL. I went a Space a few times. Saw Sasha, PVD, and Armin + Markus Schulz together. Not into Armin or Schulz anymore. They've gone a little too comercial for me. PVD is still dropping great stuff. Sasha was the most memorable. He played the main room from 3am to 6. Then he came back from 7:30-9:30am up on the tarrace. So legendary.

Advertisement
I’m as deep into the scene of house and techno you will find. I understand what you are trying to say but you can certainly dance to techno. Of course there is some super high bpm techno out there like dax j but there is still a groove to it. EDM is complete trash. Wish it wasn’t even posted in this thread, but for whatever reason Americans love it. That so called house track you just posted is not a house track. That’s basically a smooth jazz track with a small baseline

Techno tracks “you could dance too”

You both are right: @The Svengali may have defined it a bit too tight (Inner City was techno, or I should say early Techno, and songs like Big Fun and Good Life would fit right in for a NY/NJ “house” party; Chicago too); @Allabouttheu95 the NY/NJ folks are more strict with their house and almost anything that remotely sounds like EDM-like Techno is no bueno.

That's awesome dude. I want to date Oona Dahl. We need to get Three out of the picture. 12 hour parties are a good time. When I was younger, we would do the club, after party, and after after party. So out of control. I lived in Orlando from 06-07. I saw a lot of people around FL. I went a Space a few times. Saw Sasha, PVD, and Armin + Markus Schulz together. Not into Armin or Schulz anymore. They've gone a little too comercial for me. PVD is still dropping great stuff. Sasha was the most memorable. He played the main room from 3am to 6. Then he came back from 7:30-9:30am up on the tarrace. So legendary.
Space has really signified itself as one of the best clubs in the world as of late. The terrace is a special place. Don’t even want to mention how much time I have spent in that place. Many many memorable marathons and sunrises. Miami is a different animal. The scene up here in Jacksonville is slim to none so I usually get my fix in Miami

Advertisement
You both are right: @The Svengali may have defined it a bit too tight (Inner City was techno, or I should say early Techno, and songs like Big Fun and Good Life would fit right in for a NY/NJ “house” party; Chicago too); @Allabouttheu95 the NY/NJ folks are more strict with their house and almost anything that remotely sounds like EDM-like Techno is no bueno.
Forsure. Detroit is where it all started: Jun Atkins, Kevin Saunderson, Jeff Mills, Carl Craig those guys really started it all. Inner city took that Detroit sound and decided to make it a bit more mainstream. Doesn’t get much better than those classic house anthems they created. Still sound just as good to this day many decades later.

Forsure. Detroit is where it all started: Jun Atkins, Kevin Saunderson, Jeff Mills, Carl Craig those guys really started it all. Inner city took that Detroit sound and decided to make it a bit more mainstream. Doesn’t get much better than those classic house anthems they created. Still sound just as good to this day many decades later.
The NY/NJ folks are snobs about their house; they’re not inclusive with it at all (Kind of like DC folks and their “Gogo”). But, even I, as a non-aficionado (I once dated a woman who was a house FIEND), do not get the super sped up EDM/Techno.

Advertisement
Back