Hey, guess what? House music!

Space has really signified itself as one of the best clubs in the world as of late. The terrace is a special place. Don’t even want to mention how much time I have spent in that place. Many many memorable marathons and sunrises. Miami is a different animal. The scene up here in Jacksonville is slim to none so I usually get my fix in Miami
Miami is insane. There were people coming in off the street at 9am to party at Space. Another dj went on after Sasha. It was crazy.

Advertisement
Miami is insane. There were people coming in off the street at 9am to party at Space. Another dj went on after Sasha. It was crazy.
I’m that guy 🤣 I never show up before 8 am because of the noise ordinance. They can turn speakers up to full blast at 8 am.... gotta love it

I’m that guy 🤣 I never show up before 8 am because of the noise ordinance. They can turn speakers up to full blast at 8 am.... gotta love it
Do you ever go to Orlando for anything. They had some solid acts come through there when I lived there. Rabbit in the Moon at HOB was the best.

Do you ever go to Orlando for anything. They had some solid acts come through there when I lived there. Rabbit in the Moon at HOB was the best.
Yes I do actually. A few months back they threw a sweet block party at Elixir. Had some solid bookings on the lineup. Hector Couto, Stacey Pullen, Eric Morillo. They definitely are stepping up the talent they bring into downtown. I always attend EDC on Saturday every year as well.

Advertisement
Yes I do actually. A few months back they threw a sweet block party at Elixir. Had some solid bookings on the lineup. Hector Couto, Stacey Pullen, Eric Morillo. They definitely are stepping up the talent they bring into downtown. I always attend EDC on Saturday every year as well.
That's awesome. I've never been to a big festival like EDC. Kind of crazy. Movement up in Detroit is one I really want to attend.

I always just assumed house music was music you were too ashamed to listen to in public. Say if you're a metal head but liked Air Supply.

That's awesome. I've never been to a big festival like EDC. Kind of crazy. Movement up in Detroit is one I really want to attend.
I’m actually not a big festival guy. I like the more intimate atmosphere of a club. But EDC is just such a easy drive for me to go one day to get my fix lol. Movement is definitely on the bucket list for me. IMO the two best lineups of any festivals in America are Movement and the Megastructure at Ultra

I’m actually not a big festival guy. I like the more intimate atmosphere of a club. But EDC is just such a easy drive for me to go one day to get my fix lol. Movement is definitely on the bucket list for me. IMO the two best lineups of any festivals in America are Movement and the Megastructure at Ultra
The lineup at Movement is great every year. Tons of people I like. I may have to go in 2021. Maceo Plex is another one I plan on seeing in 2021. I'll go somewhere if I have to. Pan Pot, PVD, and Guy J will come to Phoenix for a makeup date. 2021 is going to be a busy year.

Advertisement
The lineup at Movement is great every year. Tons of people I like. I may have to go in 2021. Maceo Plex is another one I plan on seeing in 2021. I'll go somewhere if I have to. Pan Pot, PVD, and Guy J will come to Phoenix for a makeup date. 2021 is going to be a busy year.
Maceo plays the terrace as good as anyone I have seen. When he does get booked for Space again I would highly recommend checking that out if you’re willing. Maceo is one of my favorites as well. Every year he plays the Saturday of MMW into Sunday afternoon and it is always one of the best parties of the week. Last year him and tale of us went B2B from 10 am til 5:30 pm. That B2B was amazing

Maceo plays the terrace as good as anyone I have seen. When he does get booked for Space again I would highly recommend checking that out if you’re willing. Maceo is one of my favorites as well. Every year he plays the Saturday of MMW into Sunday afternoon and it is always one of the best parties of the week. Last year him and tale of us went B2B from 10 am til 5:30 pm. That B2B was amazing
Tale of US is another one I'd like to see. Add Hernan Cattaneo to that list as well. Phoenix gets some good acts. Everything is mostly outdoors here. I like that. I'd love to get to LA for a show in 2021. That's only a 5 hr drive from me.

Advertisement
Tale of US is another one I'd like to see. Add Hernan Cattaneo to that list as well. Phoenix gets some good acts. Everything is mostly outdoors here. I like that. I'd love to get to LA for a show in 2021. That's only a 5 hr drive from me.
From what I have noticed on social media it seems like Phoenix’s scene is really growing. Hernan is also the man. I’m spoiled being so close to Miami... Got a chance to go on his boat party he throws annually with Nick Warren a couple years back! It sounds like you are big into the deep/progressive house scene. I am as well, big fan of the All Day I Dream sound

You both are right: @The Svengali may have defined it a bit too tight (Inner City was techno, or I should say early Techno, and songs like Big Fun and Good Life would fit right in for a NY/NJ “house” party; Chicago too); @Allabouttheu95 the NY/NJ folks are more strict with their house and almost anything that remotely sounds like EDM-like Techno is no bueno.
100% accurate. I live in New York, and I can definitely say we are purist when it comes to house. For us, House music are pure groove tracks that’s tailor made for dancers. The best dancers pack the floors and unleash all of their best moves on house tracks. You can **** near land every dance move in your wheel-house on a pure house track.

The mere thought of Techno or EDM as part of the House as a part tree is a non starter. A no-go.

Also, I see Inner City’s “Big Fun” and “Good life“ as a brach of House and not techno. “Inner city” is house is in that Crystal Waters and “Gypsy Woman” style of House.

True house track right here (Frankie Knuckles)

Last edited:
Advertisement
100% accurate. I live in New York, and I can definitely say we are purist when it comes to house. For us, House music are pure groove tracks that’s tailor made for dancers. The best dancers pack the floors and unleash all of their best moves on house tracks. You can **** near land every dance move in your wheel-house on a pure house track.

The mere thought of Techno or EDM as part of the House as a part tree is a non starter. A no-go.

Also, I see Inner City’s “Big Fun” and “Good life“ as a brach of House and not techno. “Inner city” is house is in that Crystal Waters and “Gypsy Woman” style of House.

True house track right here (Frankie Knuckles)

Inner City is a detroit based group. Kevin Saunderson is one of the pioneers of Detroit Techno. Kevin is one of the main guys of Inner City. House and Techno go together like Peanut Butter & Jelly. House Music as a whole has grown substantially into different sub genres over the years: Tech House, Deep House, Afro House, etc. No one just plays house anymore. These guys/girls have way too many tracks at their disposal to stick to one genre. Especially considering the marathon sets many of them play on a weekly basis. Frankie Knuckles is the god father of house but he also came up in a much different era of sound and technology. Side Note: Putting Techno and American EDM in the same sentence/breath is a slap in the face lmao.

Molly aint the same as X from the early 00's, still decent time :cool:

You are indeed correct. I've never had a Molly, but the X of the 90s and early 00 was fire. I don't know whether to be ashamed or take a time travel to the old days. Being a 42yr old dad of 2, sometimes it's both. What a time we had

You are indeed correct. I've never had a Molly, but the X of the 90s and early 00 was fire. I don't know whether to be ashamed or take a time travel to the old days. Being a 42yr old dad of 2, sometimes it's both. What a time we had

Double triple stack mitsubishi's, purple. yeah man, those were fire times. A bit younger than 40 but those times are to be remembered, never ashamed. I still dabble for day parties in Vegas. No kids though so would prob think different in your shoes.

Advertisement
Back