Hester's message to JC Jackson

That's not the important question. You can't look at recruiting in a vacuum like that.

"What do we need to be a National Championship contender?"

"Are we sufficiently satisfying our needs?"

These are the questions that should be asked. You're looking at recruiting like..."Player A is the best player in south florida and if we don't get him, we can not compete for National Championships"

See how ridiculous that sounds? You do everything in your power to recruit the kid and yes it stings a bit if you don't get him, but to view Dalvin Cook or Johnnie Dixon as essential components to a National Championship team is to ignore the rest of the roster and the hoards of talent that is being brought to Coral Gables. We're loading up on the offensive line. We're loading up in the defensive backfield. We're loading up in the defensive line. We're more than fine at the Wide Receiver position and in mid-January, we're going to have two 5 star running backs, who hail from South Florida, lining up in the backfield.

Don't get caught up in the hype of singular recruitments.

Big Picture my boy.

You win with elite players, difference makers. You don't only recruit out of need, you recruit because you're greedy. Bama brought in like four 4-star RBs last year and they still went after Fournette this year. Not because of need, but because you stack talent no matter what. You never know when injuries will happen. Look what happened to our WR core this year. We had a super deep core heading into the year and by the end of the year it was a MASH unit.

I like my chances of winning a national championship more with Cook and Dixon on my team than without them.

Alabama did all that and they STILL lose at least once every year.

Florida State's starting Running Back is a 3 star running back
Florida State has NO 5 star talent in their receiving core
Florida State has NO 5 star talent along their offensive line

Dalvin Cook and Johnnie Dixon won't be the difference between a National Championship and a 2-3 loss season. Relax.

Advertisement
That's not the important question. You can't look at recruiting in a vacuum like that.

These are the questions that should be asked. You're looking at recruiting like..."Player A is the best player in south florida and if we don't get him, we can not compete for National Championships"

See how ridiculous that sounds? You do everything in your power to recruit the kid and yes it stings a bit if you don't get him, but to view Dalvin Cook or Johnnie Dixon as essential components to a National Championship team is to ignore the rest of the roster and the hoards of talent that is being brought to Coral Gables. We're loading up on the offensive line. We're loading up in the defensive backfield. We're loading up in the defensive line. We're more than fine at the Wide Receiver position and in mid-January, we're going to have two 5 star running backs, who hail from South Florida, lining up in the backfield.

Big Picture my boy.

You win with elite players, difference makers. You don't only recruit out of need, you recruit because you're greedy. Bama brought in like four 4-star RBs last year and they still went after Fournette this year. Not because of need, but because you stack talent no matter what. You never know when injuries will happen. Look what happened to our WR core this year. We had a super deep core heading into the year and by the end of the year it was a MASH unit.

I like my chances of winning a national championship more with Cook and Dixon on my team than without them.

Eat Greedy

Jerzey,

What does Alabama losing once year have to do with anything? All I'm saying is I like my chances of winning more with highly recruited guys like Dixon and Cook than without them. I know there are other factors than only a player's talent.

Which FSU RB are you referring to? Freeman was a composite 4 star according to 247. As was Mario Pender, James Wilder and PJ Williams.

And as far as your comment about Dixon and Cook not being the difference between a Natty and a 2-3 loss season, they can take over a game here and there and win for you. The same way Duke has done for us, or Coley. **** even Dorsett has won us a game (NC State last year).

What does Alabama losing once year have to do with anything? All I'm saying is I like my chances of winning more with highly recruited guys like Dixon and Cook than without them. I know there are other factors than only a player's talent.

Which FSU RB are you referring to? Freeman was a composite 4 star according to 247. As was Mario Pender, James Wilder and PJ Williams.

And as far as your comment about Dixon and Cook not being the difference between a Natty and a 2-3 loss season, they can take over a game here and there and win for you. The same way Duke has done for us, or Coley. **** even Dorsett has one us a game (NC State last year).

Chad Thomas can't win you a game?
Kiy Hester can't win you a game?
Travonte Valentine can't win you a game?
J.C. Jackson can't win you a game (should we close)?
Brandon Powell can't win you a game?

You're talking like we aren't getting difference makers.

If you want to ***** and moan about not getting ALL the difference makers, then go right ahead

Advertisement
duke healthy we are 10-1 playing fsu in a rematch. you telling me a player doesn't make a difference in a season? Alabama has lost because they have kickers who miss 40 yard game winning kicks not because they lost a recruiting battle for dudes with coopers potential. fsu rapped us in the 2011 class and we seen all those players being difference in the game against them

Cane[]_[]DigIt;1724730 said:
Chest tattoo, no sunshine... WANT!

jacory had his chest tatted..pretty sure down syndrome morris did as well..we not back

So does this guy. I think he's done alright in college and in life.

348.jpg

That's my HomeTeamGodMVP, right there.

Bigger pulls then Bush and Howard in my opinion

All pulls that should be made.

You can't let elite studs from your backyard play elsewhere. That's why Dixon and Cook should be pulls also.

This is just ignorance and I really wish people would stop saying it.

So it's ok to let them walk?

No, you are right. We should kidnap them, drug them up, and make them sign a LOI.

Advertisement
its great to have a class coming in that is deep in defense talent across all 11 spots.

Advertisement

Big Picture my boy.

Dalvin Cook and Johnnie Dixon won't be the difference between a National Championship and a 2-3 loss season. Relax.

ALL FSU skill guys on offense are souf florida studs. What Riddler is saying is if we want to be competing for championships we got to keep our studs home. PERIOD. Our chances of getting elite talent nationally are small if we dont win so we have to win with the homegrown talent because of the slim chance that they are easier to get down here. The national guys come when you are already elite. Everyone knows are coaches are trying and thats great, just try harder and get it done. Lol...

Advertisement

Big Picture my boy.

I think our WR core was ok, problem was with Duke down, and Morris erratic dennamug they were powerless. We still had plenty of skill there IMO.

Big Picture my boy.

ALL FSU skill guys on offense are souf florida studs. What Riddler is saying is if we want to be competing for championships we got to keep our studs home. PERIOD. Our chances of getting elite talent nationally are small if we dont win so we have to win with the homegrown talent because of the slim chance that they are easier to get down here. The national guys come when you are already elite. Everyone knows are coaches are trying and thats great, just try harder and get it done. Lol...

Wrong. The Major Difference between the two teams is a skill guy from Alabama.

Florida State hasn't been killing us when it comes to running back/wide receiver talent. They've been killing us at QB and they've been killing us on the defensive side of the ball.

Florida State:

Mario Edwards
Eddie Goldman
Ronald Darby
Chris Casher
Timmy Jernigan
PJ Williams
Terrance Smith
Matthew Thomas
Jalen Ramsey
Demarcus Walker
Jacob Coker
Jameis Winston

By Comparison, Miami:

Denzel Perryman
Anthony Chickillo
Olsen Pierre
Earl Moore
Dequan Ivery
Jacoby Briscoe
Dwyane Hoilett
Ricardo Williams
Thomas Finnie
Eddie Johnson
Corey King
Preston Dewey
Gray Crow

See the difference in the names that I just listed. THAT'S why we go to Tallahassee and get hammered. Not because we have Dallas Crawford and they have James Wilder. Or they have Kelvin Benjamin and we got Rashawn Scott.

Kevin Olsen
Brad Kaaya
Chad Thomas
Artie Burns
Brandon Powell
Corn Elder
Travonte Valentine
Anthony Moten
Kiy Hester
Darrion Owens
Alex Figueroa
Juwon Young
Demetrius Jackson
Trent Harris
Mike Smith

Those guys go a long way towards addressing the biggest differences between the two teams.

Last edited:

Big Picture my boy.

Wrong. The Major Difference between the two teams is a skill guy from Alabama.

Florida State hasn't been killing us when it comes to running back/wide receiver talent. They've been killing us at QB and they've been killing us on the defensive side of the ball.

Kevin Olsen
Brad Kaaya
Chad Thomas
Artie Burns
Brandon Powell
Corn Elder
Travonte Valentine
Anthony Moten
Kiy Hester
Darrion Owens
Alex Figueroa
Juwon Young
Demetrius Jackson
Trent Harris
Mike Smith

Those guys go a long way towards addressing the biggest differences between the two teams.

Wasnt really looking at the qb but agree he is the big difference from them being very good (they still won 11 to 12 games last year) to elite (just destroying people). What as he ranked coming out of high school? How about those defensive guysm?

Big Picture my boy.

I didn't mean to like this post.

This part is not true. Elite players like Cook are what separate championship teams from 2-3 loss teams. You can be solid all around, but it takes playmakers to win big games. If we didn't have elite players like Duke and Coley we may lose 2-3 more games than we did. Look at how our team crumbled when we lost an elite player in Duke. Cook is one of the best athletes in the country. Powell is great and so is Yearby, but Cook is on another level physically.

Advertisement
Back