He's Back: Williams discusses being named starter for FSU

View as article
Advertisement
Oline holds up he should be fine.

(And if wishes were fishes...)

You gotta believe Leavitt is going to pick on Zion the whole game, especially with delayed blitzes.

I think Zion has come a bit from his UF debut, but he's gonna have a **** of a fight on his hands.

9 men boxes, they will go in knowing Williams cant beat them

In the three games where he wasn’t the starter, Williams said he never lost faith that he would eventually regain the job.

“I wasn’t concerned, I have high expectations for myself,” Williams said.

That's a load of bull****. Why the **** id you miss practice for then? I really want to be wrong about this kid but thats twice he quit on us.

You have no idea why he missed practice.

Good to know Malik Rosier is taking time out of his busy schedule to mentor a young man like Jarren Williams, parting him with such sage wisdom only a true veteran of the sport of football could share.

This is what they talk about when they talk about all of the legends of this program giving back to the 'Canes of today. Love to see it.

Advertisement
I wonder what is going on in the coaches head. Questions about Williams' mental fortitude (Wednesday) still about, Perry's luster wearing off and now the reintroduction of Tate to the QB room.

What do they really feel is going on in that room...
They haven't found a way to morph all three QBs into one. Honestly, they all three have major holes in their QB game, and any of their weaknesses can rear its ugly head at any given time. It's why none of them can hold the job. Diaz is very reactionary as well. You see it in how he handles the QBs and kickers.

One thing that struck me in Williams responses... “I wasn’t concerned, I have high expectations for myself,” Honestly, I think it's not just confidence in his own ability, but knowing Perry has long stretches where he can't get the job done. If Perry was better, he'd be damned concerned, because he is far from a perfect QB himself. William's abilities aren't exactly off the charts. He's not very mobile, makes slow decisions, and can't push the ball down the field.

Oh well. Here's hoping we get a more complete QB soon, because none of these guys are it.

Advertisement
When TNM needs mid season players meetings and just now is preparing differently, wtf was Manny doing before?

They should follow the VT gameplan. Sit on the short routes and force some downfield accuracy. FSU will likely win a fair amount of 1v1 against our front but wouldn’t surprise me to see a loaded box with shifting blitzers to force those quick releases

Hopefully this sht works. Only concern is that he's ridiculously inaccurate on the deep routes, which allows the safeties to move up and neutralize the run game and the short to intermediate routes.

Would like to see him start at least overthrowing those shots down the sidelines

Advertisement
Hopefully this sht works. Only concern is that he's ridiculously inaccurate on the deep routes, which allows the safeties to move up and neutralize the run game and the short to intermediate routes.

Would like to see him start at least overthrowing those shots down the sidelines
Defenses have been doing then to us for the last 3 games (didn’t have a single pass completed over the middle of the field vs uva due to safeties coming up),

Advertisement
Back