Herndon's Potential

mwcane31

Sophomore
What do think Herndon will be able to do next year? Will there be much of a drop off from Njoku?

Those in the know what are some of the speed numbers, when they tested, between Njoku and Herndon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Herndon played well last season but I think sacrificed himself this season because of our inept OL play. Coaches kept him in for blocking a lot!

will never be the athlete Njoku is but he is still a **** good player..

Was a linchpin for us and played many different roles, actually was technically our #1 TE as he was the better blocker of the two.

Comparing him to Njoku is hardly fair. I think he will give us solid production from the TD spot, but not the spectacular we got from Njoku.

Comparing him to Njoku is hardly fair. I think he will give us solid production from the TD spot, but not the spectacular we got from Njoku.

He has better hands than Njoku.

Advertisement
Njoku is gunna be an early 2nd round pick in this draft.
Herndon will be a 3rd round pick next year. Calling it now. He isn't the athlete Njoku is, not too many are. But he can block better, and he is definitely going to be a good receiving option for us next year, especially if Michael Irvin doesn't step up or Haskins gets the boot.

Njoku is gunna be an early 2nd round pick in this draft.
Herndon will be a 3rd round pick next year. Calling it now. He isn't the athlete Njoku is, not too many are. But he can block better, and he is definitely going to be a good receiving option for us next year, especially if Michael Irvin doesn't step up or Haskins gets the boot.

Njoku will blow them away at the combine and could go late first. I agree with you, Herndon while not the athletic freak Njoku is will be a very good TE for us next year, well hopefully we will have good enough QB play for him to be effective in the passing game.

Herndon played well last season but I think sacrificed himself this season because of our inept OL play. Coaches kept him in for blocking a lot!

I agree... I thought he showed quite a bit of promise as a pass catcher last year.

How fast is he? And how fast is Njoku?

He can easily put up the same kind of numbers as Njoku. Nowhere near the athleye, but just as effective. I expect little drop off at the position. #TEU

Advertisement

I agree... I thought he showed quite a bit of promise as a pass catcher last year.

How fast is he? And how fast is Njoku?

Njoku runs in the 4.47-4.53 range while Herndon probably runs a 4.6 or so but he's still pretty fast

I would like to see Herndon lean up a little and add to that speed. We should not need him as much as a blocker. I agree he has better hands than Njoku.

i actually think Herndon will step in fine. He isn't the same athlete as Njoku. I believe if he stays healthy he is the type of kid that works himself into a 4th RDish pick, and makes plays for a team like the Packers, Steelers, Patriots . . .

Advertisement
i actually think Herndon will step in fine. He isn't the same athlete as Njoku. I believe if he stays healthy he is the type of kid that works himself into a 4th RDish pick, and makes plays for a team like the Packers, Steelers, Patriots . . .

He could be a Charles Clay type gem in the draft. Clay dropped to the 6th Rd but he was out of Tulsa.

And, not saying I think Herndon puts Clay like numbers up in college but he could be a similar type weapon in the NFL.

He could be a Charles Clay type gem in the draft. Clay dropped to the 6th Rd but he was out of Tulsa.

And, not saying I think Herndon puts Clay like numbers up in college but he could be a similar type weapon in the NFL.

Na, the NFL is aware of him. If he produces like Njoku this year, he'll be one of the top TE's in the draft next year

He can easily put up the same kind of numbers as Njoku. Nowhere near the athleye, but just as effective. I expect little drop off at the position. #TEU

Herndon is arguably the best athlete on the team, dude. Slow down with the hyperbole.

It's not hyperbole (or a knock) to say Njoku is a superior athlete than Herndon. At roughly the same size, Njoku is --

-Faster
-Jumps higher
-Better shuttle
-Better agility

Herndon is one of my favorite players on the team, but he's not in the same class of athlete as Njoku. Even then, I still think he ends up a better Tight End than Njoku.

Advertisement
What do think Herndon will be able to do next year? Will there be much of a drop off from Njoku?

Those in the know what are some of the speed numbers, when they tested, between Njoku and Herndon?

He's real good and will start in the NFL lmo.
Very impressed with him .

Herndon is arguably the best athlete on the team, dude. Slow down with the hyperbole.

It's not hyperbole (or a knock) to say Njoku is a superior athlete than Herndon. At roughly the same size, Njoku is --

-Faster
-Jumps higher
-Better shuttle
-Better agility

Herndon is one of my favorite players on the team, but he's not in the same class of athlete as Njoku. Even then, I still think he ends up a better Tight End than Njoku.
Hernon has better hands and can block better

-Faster
-Jumps higher
-Better shuttle
-Better agility

Yup

-Faster
-Jumps higher
-Better shuttle
-Better agility

You said he's nowhere near the athlete. Both are elite athletes, although Njoke is slightly better on the margin. I think they would run very similar times. Herndon is stronger, has better hands and is the more versatile athlete in my opinion. Before the season started, two staffers mentioned Herndon as one of the few "freak" athletes on the team.

Advertisement
Back