Herndon's Potential

Advertisement
I still remember Herndon blowing right by Nigel Bethel for BTW on a go route and me becoming a fan right after that play.

Herndon probably runs sub 4.7 @ Almost 245-250 pds.

Love the Delanie Walker comparison...Herndon indeed had better hands than NJOKU.

NJOKU just has more freakish abilities...

Herndon can make himself a LOT of money next season. He has the potential and will be given every opportunity.

He can easily put up the same kind of numbers as Njoku. Nowhere near the athleye, but just as effective. I expect little drop off at the position. #TEU

Herndon is arguably the best athlete on the team, dude. Slow down with the hyperbole.

It's not hyperbole (or a knock) to say Njoku is a superior athlete than Herndon. At roughly the same size, Njoku is --

-Faster
-Jumps higher
-Better shuttle
-Better agility

Herndon is one of my favorite players on the team, but he's not in the same class of athlete as Njoku. Even then, I still think he ends up a better Tight End than Njoku.
People need to understand there may be 1 other TE in the entire country who's on par with Njoku. You aren't replicating his abilities any time soon. That being said Herndon is that type of TE who is a very solid blocker and could give 400-600 yards a year and 6-8 TD's. He'll also run your *** over!

I think he is an NFL caliber player and will be in the league. He isn't Njoku but the skill sets are different.

Advertisement
They are both elite athlete where I think Njoku separates himself from Herndon is his ability to pick up yards after catch. He is a playmaker in the open field where as Herndon is more accomplished blocker with better hands. Herndon will do just fine.

We'll lean on him heavily imo.

Career receiving yards:

Richards - 934
Herndon - 571
Walton - 533
Berrios - 496
Harris - 90
Cager - 70
Langham - 0
Mullins - 0
Irving - 0

Advertisement