Herminator on Miami job

why do we want Herman? please some explain this to me

one good year at Houston beating absolutely nobody (louisville is average). He’s got a more questionable resume then golden did at Temple!!

legitimate question honestly. Fuente is a better choice imo.

Advertisement
This is the best job on the market with a team that can win now

I agree...Miami and USC are the best options in my opinion. USCe always going to be behind Bama, LSU and possibly Auburn and UGA. Hopefully Strong dont get fired at Texas because that could cause a chain reaction. Briles or Patterson to TX and Herman to replace either or. Although Montgomery or Babers could also replace Briles. Either way Herman to Miami seems pretty right.

Last edited:
Advertisement
[TWEET]658674814094331904[/TWEET]

He didn't say no :monkey-serious:

That, my friends, is "Coach Speak 101".

He's interested!

Actually, that is not "Coach Speak 191" since there is no permanent coach, meaning there is not "another job"

That line is utilized when that "another job" has a sitting current Coach trying to win and save his (not-Interim) job.

He might be interested, or not, Either way, he'd need to work on his PR skills...signs of dude who is green not used to the big stage, yet.

I disagree. It's also the appropriate answer when you are currently employed and it's mid-season.

one good year at Houston beating absolutely nobody (louisville is average). He’s got a more questionable resume then golden did at Temple!!

Both are the best candidates, IMO. But neither is without flaw.

Herman has the shorter tenure as HC, and appears better connected to Texas and California.

Fuente isn't the recruiter Herman is, and doesn't have any experience with a big program. Illinois State and TCU were his previous stops.

Herman comes with a National Title, comes from the Urban Meyer tree, and has seen how things work at big schools and small schools. He's also seen at the better recruiter.

Fuente has proven he can "do more with less". Memphis and TCU are an ideal blend for what Miami is. He also gets credit for Andy Dalton and Paxton Lynch, and both are more comparable to Brad Kaaya and Jack Allison than the guys Herman has coached.

I like both guys ... Probably lean towards Fuente because of his HC tenure, but Herman probably has the more well-rounded resume. I also think Herman did a great job building his staff. Of course ... I think he also has a bigger budget. And isn't the bigger budget argument the reason Jason Whitlock wasn't an Al Golden fan?

Herman has the shorter tenure as HC, and appears better connected to Texas and California.

Fuente isn't the recruiter Herman is, and doesn't have any experience with a big program. Illinois State and TCU were his previous stops.

Herman comes with a National Title, comes from the Urban Meyer tree, and has seen how things work at big schools and small schools. He's also seen at the better recruiter.

Fuente has proven he can "do more with less". Memphis and TCU are an ideal blend for what Miami is. He also gets credit for Andy Dalton and Paxton Lynch, and both are more comparable to Brad Kaaya and Jack Allison than the guys Herman has coached.

I like both guys ... Probably lean towards Fuente because of his HC tenure, but Herman probably has the more well-rounded resume. I also think Herman did a great job building his staff. Of course ... I think he also has a bigger budget. And isn't the bigger budget argument the reason Jason Whitlock wasn't an Al Golden fan?

Fuente's defenses and similarities to Al Golden in 2010 concern me

Advertisement

Fuente's defenses and similarities to Al Golden in 2010 concern me

Fair criticism. He didn't make the best hire to replace the guy who left for Mizzou. But does he get any credit for hiring the guy who was poached by Mizzou?

And his D did enough to beat Ole Miss ... Shut them down, after a shaky start.

But the defensive rankings are an issue for Fuente.

[TWEET]658674814094331904[/TWEET]

He didn't say no :monkey-serious:

That, my friends, is "Coach Speak 101".

He's interested!

Actually, that is not "Coach Speak 191" since there is no permanent coach, meaning there is not "another job"

That line is utilized when that "another job" has a sitting current Coach trying to win and save his (not-Interim) job.

He might be interested, or not, Either way, he'd need to work on his PR skills...signs of dude who is green not used to the big stage, yet.

I disagree. It's also the appropriate answer when you are currently employed and it's mid-season.

Well, the "not ever" stuff could not really be that appropriate insofar as PR, but now it seems like this was never his original quote:

Houston: Asked about his name floating around for other jobs, Tom Herman said Saturday, “I’m not going to comment on any other jobs, as I’ve said before. We live in an age where anybody that has a smartphone and a Twitter account can post anything they want and make any kind of speculation. My wife and our family love the University of Houston. What I’ll tell you is the same thing we tell our guys: It’s a testament to the people we have here at the University of Houston and what we’re doing. None of that stuff really matters to the goals that we have set our in front of us.”

Quite different in perspective than just tossing out "nevers", I mean "not ever", and specifically about "another job" to all and any jobs, "any other jobs"

Advertisement
people dont get it. UM is still a destination for people. I just worry that herman likes running QB's.

Why would that me a worry?

Not our historic DNA. Kaaya is classic Cane QB -- not your running type at all. You saw Al trying changing our DNA; what more of that?

Al was trying to recruit 3-4 when South Florida has small speedy players where he can't find the bigger players to save his soul. Dual Threat QBs are all over the place down here as most teams are running the spread.

No he doesn't. Golden's best year at Temple was like 9-4. Herman is 7-0 in his first year. And Herman coached under Urban Meyer and won a national championship as an OC. Golden coached under Al Groh.

This, guy does not sit on leads and trys to score 60 every game.

He's exactly the coach we need. I would love to have Fuente, but Herman has the personality that we all want. I want that man in Miami. Make it happen BOT

Advertisement
Herman is a winner. If he comes here he'll win and the starving fans will return.

The fan stuff is overplayed. UM lost its fans when it decided to **** in our faces and retain an obvious failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXUPZxWticg

This is why you want Herman....He is a savage. 1 goal thats DOMINATE, you are trained warriors. Punch first, and keep swinging. Swing longer and harder and they will say NO MORE. That is savagery

Advertisement
Back