Heresy - Joe Zagacki

Advertisement
I know Joe has been here for all 5 rings etc etc (so was Kehoe...), but dammit if his voice isn’t like nails on chalkboard.

I hope, for our next announcer, we get someone uniquely Miami - either someone from the hood, or a cool LatAm/Euro voice that makes us stand out even on radio broadcasts.

Was watching the UM/ND 17 highlights and his voice cracks every two seconds.
There can be no other choice. 👇

Advertisement
Since when is UM about tradition? We became who we are by radicalizing CFB, utilizing speed and a new offensive style rather than the option/ground game that was prevalent elsewhere.

The minute we get mired in “tradition” (pro-style, bro...) we lose our edge. We aren’t Bama or THE osu who has 100+ years or whatever the ****, we are brash young upstarts who change everything in order to WIN.

Coker. Shannon. Golden. Richt. Diaz. Rumph. Kehoe.

No one person is bigger than the U. If it’s time for a change, it’s time for a change. I’m not advocating getting rid of the U, or Sebastian, I’m just talking about upgrading our play-by-play guy.

Next thread will be about the Greentree landscaping scheduler, and you guys will be all up in arms because it’s “traditional” to schedule leaf blowing during press conferences...

Watch these highlights, skip to the actual game. THAT is one of the all time best games for Miami in the last decade, and he just doesn’t fit. Sorry.

Advertisement
Miami has THE worst set of announcers in all of college football. I stopped listening to the flagship on gamedays over a decade ago. Joe Z and Bailey are about as ***-kiss-ish and unknowledgeable as any pair in the business.

Maybe you’d like them more if they openly rooted for us to lose and encouraged others to do the same.

I know Joe has been here for all 5 rings etc etc (so was Kehoe...), but dammit if his voice isn’t like nails on chalkboard.

I hope, for our next announcer, we get someone uniquely Miami - either someone from the hood, or a cool LatAm/Euro voice that makes us stand out even on radio broadcasts.

Joe Z is awful and I have deleted multiple threads that I have personally started on the subject. He ruins every sport in UM athletics. I grew up listening to radio calls and love them, but still I can only stomach Joe Z in small doses.

OP is 100% on point with this take.

Advertisement
Mark Vandermeer was a really good play by play guy but the Texans threw a ton of money at him so Joe Z got promoted from color commentator to play by play.

Miami has THE worst set of announcers in all of college football. I stopped listening to the flagship on gamedays over a decade ago. Joe Z and Bailey are about as ***-kiss-ish and unknowledgeable as any pair in the business.
this up here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Advertisement

SMH....

So your worried about the radio play by play announcer who has ZERO NOTHING NADA to do with the success of any of our teams

Meanwhile the rest of us are concerned with the people who are responsible for the actual success or failure of the program. If you havent seen there's only about 50 threads on it.

Advertisement
Back