Here's what will happen with Enos (future)

Advertisement
If he does a good enough job here that he can get the MSU head coaching job then that will have been a tremendous success for us and we shouldn't have trouble getting another quality OC

That will be a good thing for Miami as a program.

Look at Bama and Clemson--a tale of two staffing models.

Bama is high performance or else, plug and play next coach up (because they have 30 former HC career rehab "analysts" in the program). Routinely getting poached because 99.99% of them always have their eye on "whats next for me". Not a bad thing, just is.

Clemson has become the super VT--staff stability and Bama-esque performance to go with it. If he waits anothet few years, Venables oldest kid will have been born at Clemson and then soon graduate with a PhD. This model, in today's coaching world, might not be as hard to pull off as it sounds. Venables (Aranda is another good example) makes HC money now. Why go be an HC where the "you're fired risk" ramps up significantly? Maybe Dabo has found the right team who mostly recognize they really are Scottie Ps and not Michael Js? Again, not bad just is.

Both models have pros/cons. How long can Bama keep hemmorraging top coaching talent? How long can Clemson keep a high level of stability and not stagnate?

Hopefully Manolo is able to figure out what works best for his style and our Canes.

Going to do a good job here and wait until that MSU spot opens up when Dantonio gets let go haha. Give it a year or 2 tops. Then we get to play against him. You agree? I'm seriously just wasting time refreshing waiting for the last 2 coaching spots

Hey if he’s in line for power 5 jobs in a couple years it means we are back on track. It would mean Enos did his job and we should be able to attract another high end OC to take over the offense.

Advertisement
Going to do a good job here and wait until that MSU spot opens up when Dantonio gets let go haha. Give it a year or 2 tops. Then we get to play against him. You agree? I'm seriously just wasting time refreshing waiting for the last 2 coaching spots
Conspiracy theorist kyrie is that you???

7-6 3 years in a row is enough to get you fired even at MSU and Ok St. Especially in Dantonio's case if Enos is available and turned around our offense.
That's why Manny should assign someone to study with enos learn eveything he can.. that's how knowledge gets retained.

Excellent. BTW: what are the lotto numbers this week?

Yeap, you want coaches that everyone wants, because that usually means your program is doing good things.
The era of having a bunch of lifers on staff is almost over, and you really don't want those types on staff because
this is an perpetually evolving game on and off the field, which means you need coaches willing to adapt and learn
accordingly.

Advertisement
You need more imagination

You own a DeLorean?
Thanks for your vague prophecies. 👍

Let's just enjoy the ride and appreciate we have a competent coach who loves this U.

Yeap, you want coaches that everyone wants, because that usually means your program is doing good things.
The era of having a bunch of lifers on staff is almost over, and you really don't want those types on staff because
this is an perpetually evolving game on and off the field, which means you need coaches willing to adapt and learn
accordingly.
DC from VT says hi 👋

Advertisement
DC from VT says hi 👋

His defenses have been **** these last few years.
I still think he is a very good coach, just doesn't have the horses to run it anymore.
But he is a classic example of stagnation.
He is a very good Xs and Os guy, but has exploited the possibility of him jumping to a bigger
program to get huge pay bumps every other year.
I hear he doesn't want to leave because he has a special needs kid who he doesn't want to move around,
also hear other stuff about him similar to what I heard about Erickson when he was at UM.
All this said, his breed of program lifer is shrinking.

His defenses have been **** these last few years.
I still think he is a very good coach, just doesn't have the horses to run it anymore.
But he is a classic example of stagnation.
He is a very good Xs and Os guy, but has exploited the possibility of him jumping to a bigger
program to get huge pay bumps every other year.
I hear he doesn't want to leave because he has a special needs kid who he doesn't want to move around,
also hear other stuff about him similar to what I heard about Erickson when he was at UM.
All this said, his breed of program lifer is shrinking.
Agree with you all the way. I can’t even think of another coach like foster who has stayed in one place. Admirable

Hey if he’s in line for power 5 jobs in a couple years it means we are back on track. It would mean Enos did his job and we should be able to attract another high end OC to take over the offense.
I really hope we develop one who can keep same system in place if it works enough to get him a power 5 hc job. If u change systems every 2-3 yrs cause coach leaves thats hard on players

Advertisement
accordingly.
Like Brent Venables. He left OU when Bobby brought his brother Mike back to Norman after Zona fired him to be Co DC. Venables didn’t want to hang around in 2012 and left for Clemson. Big break for Dabo, luck and timing are big in the business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back