Here's what Dave Doeren said about the Canes

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
I’m really excited to play Miami. I think they’re a really good football team. D’Eriq King’s a tremendous quarterback. They’re skilled all over the field. Their defensive front is very disruptive with over 50 tackles for loss in their games. It’s typical Miami speed that you see on the field. I think King has changed their team. He extends a lot of plays with his legs. He’s always going to have good people to throw to. Their tight ends are outstanding. I think their coaches do a really good job schematically, and offensively, they’re super up-tempo, so you’ve got to be ready for that. Defensively, they’ve got electric returners, and obviously Manny Diaz has done a nice job there. I look forward to that challenge and opportunity.

I’ve known Manny a long time. We recruited the same areas in Florida when I was at Wisconsin. I got to know him as a coach, and I’ve always respected him. I’ve gotten to know his wife. I think they’re really good people. I know they love Raleigh. He has a lot of really good things to say about his time here.

As far as a defensive coach, he’s always been very aggressive. I did coach against him in a bowl game when he was at Mississippi State. It’s a lot of blitzes. The defensive line is very aggressive. A mix of man coverage and what we call cover 6 man 3. It’s what you would think you would get from a well-coached Miami defense. They’re aggressive. They run to the football. They pressure a lot, and they’ve got good defensive linemen.

The first thing I’ll tell you when I watched their film, their defensive line with [Quincy] Roche and [Jaelan] Phillips really jumped off the film. I think their nose tackle is a very disruptive guy, number 1 [Nesta Jade] Silvera, a guy that plays hard all the time. He’s almost blocked two punts. I think both their safeties, [Bubba] Bolden and [Amari] Carter, are big. They are hitters. They are tough guys. They are going to play press. They are going to play press-bail coverage.

Like I said at the beginning, they are what you think you would see from a Miami secondary. They’re aggressive. They’re good man-to-man. It’s good personnel. There’s a reason they are 5-1 and ranked third in the conference in scoring defense. It’s not just because they’re doing good things schematically. They have good players. When you’ve got 51 tackles for loss in six games, that’s disruptive on the D-line.They’re doing some good things there in the front.

Looks like Doeren is going to start Bailey Hockman at QB. Not a popular choice with the fans. More than likely Ben Finley has some packages as QB, too.

Advertisement
He sees how crappy his defense is and wishes he had our players and scheme.

HE knows we can put up points and is not sure his team can keep up.

That is the way I translate all of that coach speak into real talk.
1604350712602.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
4 Reasons Compliments Make You Uncomfortable

1. You Have Low Self-Esteem​

2. Your Self-Image Doesn't Line Up​

3. You're Uncomfortable with Big Expectations​

4. You Want to be Humble​

When players do it coaches get mad and say they are giving bulletin material.
Yea I know but i would do it 100%

Hey Dwinstitles what do you think of going up against Jalen Ramsey of the Rams?

Hes trash overrated and has a feminine vibe to him, hes getting that work if my QB gets protected and if he talks **** im body slamming him EZ.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea I know but i would do it 100%

Hey Dwinstitles what do you think of going up against Jalen Ramsey of the Rams?

Hes trash overrated and has a feminine vibe to him, hes getting that work if my QB gets protected and if he talks **** im body slamming him EZ.

The feminine part would get you fired in todays political correctness we live in.

Advertisement
Back