Here's how you make Golden quit

There was a thread on this yesterday.

This is what the administration should have done over the summer when he started flirted with Penn State. They didn't do it then...I wouldn't hold your breathe in regards to the present either.

Yeah, I started that thread yesterday. But, I am sure that Miami can find a way to fire Dorito if he shows no improvement this year. There can be no possible excuse Golden can find for Dorito if we see the same crap we've always seen from this defense!

Firing Dorito does absolutely nothing at this point. The system Dorito is running is Golden's system. Even if he were to fire Dorito (or he magically "resigns") for show...the system would remain.

And here's the major part of the equation that I'm not sure you're taking into account...Golden must have a pretty hefty buy-out. After the **** show he's had go on here he knows full well he's not going to get a job this good for a while. He's not going to resign and willingly give up that buy out.

Golden needs to go above all else. The coordinators are a symptom...the disease is that conservative fat ***. The donor and boosters are going to have to come to the rescue on this one.

Advertisement

This is what the administration should have done over the summer when he started flirted with Penn State. They didn't do it then...I wouldn't hold your breathe in regards to the present either.

Yeah, I started that thread yesterday. But, I am sure that Miami can find a way to fire Dorito if he shows no improvement this year. There can be no possible excuse Golden can find for Dorito if we see the same crap we've always seen from this defense!

Firing Dorito does absolutely nothing. The system Dorito is running is Golden's system. Even if he were to fire Dorito (or he magically "resigns") for show...the system would remain.

Golden needs to go above all else. The coordinators are a symptom...the disease is that conservative fat ***.

I'm well aware of that. But Duh and loyalty are Fat Alberts weaknesses. At the end of the day we are stupid not to just fire them both mid season zook style (announce they won't be retained). However if the U wants to potentially squabble over a buy out then make him miserable and get him to the table first. If not then can them both after the Pitt game.

Firing Dorito does absolutely nothing. The system Dorito is running is Golden's system. Even if he were to fire Dorito (or he magically "resigns") for show...the system would remain.

Golden needs to go above all else. The coordinators are a symptom...the disease is that conservative fat ***.

I'm well aware of that. But Duh and loyalty are Fat Alberts weaknesses. At the end of the day we are stupid not to just fire them both mid season zook style (announce they won't be retained). However if the U wants to potentially squabble over a buy out then make him miserable and get him to the table first. If not then can them both after the Pitt game.

I added some more to that post after you quoted it.

The major issue here is the buy out. After failing here Golden knows he's not going to get a job this good for a while....homeboy ain't just going to walk away from the buyout. It could represent his last significant payday, at least for a while.

Boosters are going to have to come to the rescue on this one.

Advertisement

The major issue here is the buy out. After failing here Golden knows he's not going to get a job this good for a while....homeboy ain't just going to walk away from the buyout. It could represent his last significant payday, at least for a while.

Boosters are going to have to come to the rescue on this one.[/QUOTE

I would venture to guess that not one person on this board has any idea how much Golden's buyout actually is. I would assume that after the Perry Clark debacle the school wouldn't be offering up many large buyouts...but like I said I don't know that for sure. Nobody on this board does.

Boosters are going to have to come to the rescue on this one.[/QUOTE

I would venture to guess that not one person on this board has any idea how much Golden's buyout actually is. I would assume that after the Perry Clark debacle the school wouldn't be offering up many large buyouts...but like I said I don't know that for sure. Nobody on this board does.

Nobody on the board knows diddly poo on the size of the buyout nor any conditions like performance stipulations around the amount for example. And to your point I know for a fact that when Kirby took over he spent the first 9 months auditing every single aspect of the department, thanks to Fats DEEmino, including compensation , buy outs vs the run rate and revenue projections. He vowed never to strap the department again once they got through the buyouts and other areas of lost revenue hence why he took Shantard to the woodshed for a year on the extension which was hung up on the buy out. So after qall this mess, which Trollalala was well aware of, the department has just gone back to handing out free money without any accountability? This defies logic even for a mom and pop shop like the U.

Advertisement
Back