Here's how you make Golden quit

NMB Cane

Recruit
Every man has his weakness. Golden has never fired anyone in his career. You make him fire Duhrito. When he refuses you fire Duh anyway and **** him off to the point he goes whining to his agent about wanting to be bought out. You leak his whining over Duh and wanting to be bought out to the media and cause chaos and embarrassment for him/his family and turmoil amongst the staff so that he can't return. Now you have leverage and you negotiate a lower buyout. Regardless they can't afford to keep him. This is corporate 101 basics on getting someone to cry uncle. It happens every day .

Advertisement
You're right and here's a question.... can someone above Golden fired Dorito or would Dorito have to do it himself?

You don't make him fire Donofrio. You fire him yourself then Al has to choose either a new coordinator (or be forced to accept a new one assigned to him) or he quits. He quits, you owe him nothing. He accepts a new DC, then he may (unlikely) be willing to try something new.

Or.... you could have him bang some 24 year old front office chick, and then crash his motorcycle and boom, there is your scandal of the summer.

Hint Hint bobby.jpg

SMH...still probably won't work nearly as well as Petrino's ordeal

Advertisement
You don't make him fire Donofrio. You fire him yourself then Al has to choose either a new coordinator (or be forced to accept a new one assigned to him) or he quits. He quits, you owe him nothing. He accepts a new DC, then he may (unlikely) be willing to try something new.

He's not going to quit so you have to get him to the table. Duh is his weakness. Heck, terminating anyone is his weakness. You fire DUh and Jethro and force assistants on him. Don't give him the option . He will freak out and his ego and emotions, unlike Coker, will get the best of him. Golden believes he can land another big gig and is uncomfortable without Duh. Coker was smart enough to know who he was and took the good corporate man approach but he was chapped off that he couldn't name Todd Berry is OC as originally planned.

Advertisement
He probably has in his contract that he gets full control over who his assistants are unless there's something character-wise disqualifying them.

He probably has in his contract that he gets full control over who his assistants are unless there's something character-wise disqualifying them.

Shantard and ****er didn't have that luxury but Golden does? Heck Mack Brown was forced to fire several assistants too. Sounds like a stretch or perhaps wishful thinking on your end.

Advertisement

Shantard and ****er didn't have that luxury but Golden does? Heck Mack Brown was forced to fire several assistants too. Sounds like a stretch or perhaps wishful thinking on your end.

Huh? Those guys fired assistants in a bid to save their asses, not because UM fired them like you're claiming UM should do to Dorito. I've seen a bunch of coaching contracts and every single one of them gives the head coach the authority to pick the assistants unless there's some kinda character issue or budgetary restriction.

There was a thread on this yesterday.

This is what the administration should have done over the summer when he started flirted with Penn State. They didn't do it then...I wouldn't hold your breathe in regards to the present either.

Advertisement

This is what the administration should have done over the summer when he started flirted with Penn State. They didn't do it then...I wouldn't hold your breathe in regards to the present either.

They really should have just fired him for cause. No buy out, hire a new guy...done. They screwed that up badly.

Huh? Those guys fired assistants in a bid to save their asses, not because UM fired them like you're claiming UM should do to Dorito. I've seen a bunch of coaching contracts and every single one of them gives the head coach the authority to pick the assistants unless there's some kinda character issue or budgetary restriction.

It's well documented Coker was forced to fire several assistants. It's a fact . And I'm sure most assistants are on yearly contracts. The U doesn't have to renew the contract. I know for a fact Kirby Hocutt had and used this authority regardless of Shantards opinons.

Yeah, I started that thread yesterday. But, I am sure that Miami can find a way to fire Dorito if he shows no improvement this year. There can be no possible excuse Golden can find for Dorito if we see the same crap we've always seen from this defense!

Yeah, I started that thread yesterday. But, I am sure that Miami can find a way to fire Dorito if he shows no improvement this year. There can be no possible excuse Golden can find for Dorito if we see the same crap we've always seen from this defense!

There's always a way to get rid of someone. Especially some scrub assistant. Duh's misery is the key to getting Golden to the table to reduce the buy out. This isn't rocket science. Golden has shown his loyalty hand as a major weakness on many occasions.

The bottom line is always the bottom line. The U brand is at an all time low. Ticket sales forecasts will be abysmal. They can't afford to keep either one of those clowns another season.

Advertisement
Back