Here Y’all Go Lol

Advertisement
I’m excited to see who is hired on the new defensive staff. I respect Manny for being a class act publicly. I hope it’s a big name, with a two million dollar salary. I also hope it’s a two year contract for all of the assistant coaches and a one year extension on the offensive side. It will force Blake and the board to do NOTHING with Manny’s until the end of year four, unless we absolutely crush it next year. Earned not given matters. If Manny can’t win the ACC with a two million dollar OC and DC, plus three great classes, I’m sure we can find someone who can. 🙌 I hope it’s Manny, because this is his Everest and he bleeds this program and city. Family

Told y'all it's Diaz defense Blake just a puppet. He ain't letting go of the D
cover10.jpg

Advertisement
I know many on here we're hoping that Manny would publicly give the defensive staff the Ari Gold treatment after the UNC game

tenor (19).gif

But that's not how things are done. If your a position coach and you see a HC do that to someone then why the **** would you go work for them? You praise publicly and criticise privately.

No changes will be announced until Tuesday at the earliest but changes are coming.

Advertisement
I know many on here we're hoping that Manny would publicly give the defensive staff the Ari Gold treatment after the UNC game

View attachment 138989

But that's not how things are done. If your a position coach and you see a HC do that to someone then why the **** would you go work for them? You praise publicly and criticise privately.

No changes will be announced until Tuesday at the earliest but changes are coming.
To piggy back off this, in each of my jobs I have had good bosses and bad bosses, some of whom had traits I wanted to emulate and some who were models on how not to behave. I'd guess Diaz's experience with Mack firing him at Texas right after that game had an effect on how he would handle that situation if and when it arose. I think changes are coming, certainly hope they are, but anyone who thought he would handle this any differently was setting themselves up for disappointment.

I have no reason to say this other than my gut, but I think the decision has already been made and Baker is a goner.

Thinking that this ballgame will save Baker, or make any difference, if you’re smart you don’t run your business that way. The guy either has it or he doesn’t.

This ball game should make no difference even if we pitch a shutout, because UNC was not really an aberration so much as it was a culmination of a defense hanging by a thread all year. When you cannot attenuate the high risk/high reward aspects of this defense, you can end up getting really slashed.

Whatever his decision, it’s ridiculous to think that you’re going to get any clues from boilerplate interviews. I guess some people just have never learned.

It’s one thing to want Baker or even Manny fired, but it’s another thing to get all worked up because people aren’t telling you what their innermost thoughts are regarding their job status or future hirings or firings. It never fūcking works that way.

I agree. There is a tiny amount of wiggle room on timing (if we give up 400 yards in the first half, I could see a halftime firing), but I think Baker is gone. The "best" he could do on Tuesday night is a shutout, and that won't erase the other data points from 2020.

I think when you look at the overall body of work, we have to prove that the [North Carolina game] was an outlier,” Baker said during a session with the media leading up to the bowl game. “This was just a blip on the radar. You know, I thought we played pretty good defense and obviously if you can take that one game out from a statistical standpoint, you could probably say the same. But you can't. And that's something that we own.”

Advertisement
Is there an echo in here ?

I don’t know who these people are, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re just more of the same Twitter/social media clout chasing idiots, jumping on and saying something that is likely is to happen anyway. Didn’t take a lot of guesswork from them, and they’re probably reading threads like this anyway.

Advertisement
If Diass is smart enough to bring in an autonomous DC, that means Banda is losing his co-DC title.

He’d probably be likely to take that Utah St job at that point, which sucks because he’s the only position coach I’d keep on D.

I’m really starting to think the house might be cleaned out on D now.

I think when you look at the overall body of work, we have to prove that the [North Carolina game] was an outlier,” Baker said during a session with the media leading up to the bowl game. “This was just a blip on the radar. You know, I thought we played pretty good defense and obviously if you can take that one game out from a statistical standpoint, you could probably say the same. But you can't. And that's something that we own.”
That's someone trying to save their job

Advertisement
Back