Here we go!

I thought it was very odd that he was in attendance for Duke Johnson's press conference on Sunday, but then left the room as soon as it was over. I asked the PR guy if Golden was going to come back and talk and he said no, but would let me know whenever he was going to talk this week. Now, it's going to be next week. CHRIS STOCK ITU

So the head coach wouldn't be in the room?

Odd that he wouldn't stay around to answer questions and take attention away from the player?

Reaching here.

Odd that he wouldn't say a word after the record setting running back made a major decision? Yes it is.

Would the reporters be that respectful? No

He can say no questions. Thats what the PR people are for. "Coach Golden will be taking no questions" easy. He makes a statement about Duke and gets out of there. There aren't any quotes about Duke on the official site either from him. Dude has checked out.

Advertisement
We need to do something to really embarass the university. Not just banners.....something huge.

This is it right here.

I hate the racism angle...always have. Desperate times, however, call for desperate measures.

How much would we have to raise to take out a Billboard right on US1 close to campus and put something related to racism and compare Golden to Shannon (record wise).

At this point I'm down for whatever....anything that embarasses those ******* ********.

I thought it was very odd that he was in attendance for Duke Johnson's press conference on Sunday, but then left the room as soon as it was over. I asked the PR guy if Golden was going to come back and talk and he said no, but would let me know whenever he was going to talk this week. Now, it's going to be next week. CHRIS STOCK ITU

So the head coach wouldn't be in the room?

Odd that he wouldn't stay around to answer questions and take attention away from the player?

Reaching here.

Odd that he wouldn't say a word after the record setting running back made a major decision? Yes it is.

Very odd. #omgthiscouldfinallybehappening

WHAT THE **** IS TAKING SO LONG!! Get rid of this cancer before this program becomes terminally screwed. Dam the excuses. This douchebag has had multiple chances to change his approach, but continues with this upsurd buffoonery act of coaching. This **** isn't rocket science. Jimmy tried to help, Ice knows the deal, but yet this close-minded, excuse machine carries on , stuck in his awful ways. There is 0% Miami in this guy. He'll never understand what it takes. Selfish and ignorant, nothing more. Pull the friggin trigger, and stop sending us fans on an emotional rollercoaster every 3 days with these rumors. God dam this **** is maddening. I feel like going out and finding someone named Al and kicking him in the nuts, based on principal alone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We need to do something to really embarass the university. Not just banners.....something huge.

This is it right here.

I hate the racism angle...always have. Desperate times, however, call for desperate measures.

How much would we have to raise to take out a Billboard right on US1 close to campus and put something related to racism and compare Golden to Shannon (record wise).

At this point I'm down for whatever....anything that embarasses those ****ing ********.

I second that. Good idea

Via Chris Stock
Here's a few things of what I'm hearing about the thought process with Miami and Al Golden....
*** Ideally, the administration does not want to make two decisions on a head coach in the next year. Meaning, if they choose to move on from Golden now and hire a new coach, that coach could be replaced in a year with the new president coming in following Donna Shalala's retirement in May. So they would prefer to just wait a year when the new president is in place and that person can make a decision on the head football coach moving forward either Golden or someone else in addition to the athletic director if they choose to do so.
*** I do not have firm confirmation of Golden's contact (and really only about 10 people really know the details of the contract since UM is a private institution), however it is very likely that a buyout will drop in 2015 because of the original deal Golden signed in 2010 that lasted four years. Golden signed an extension in 2011 and I'm hearing that there was some give-take with the buyout that would begin in 2015.
*** The university does have money. It is a misconception that they don't. They have enough money with the nearly $3 billion raised (by 2016) by Shalala over her tenure to cover a buyout of Golden, but again it goes back to the administration not wanting to potentially pay for two buyouts in the next year. They would prefer to just wait a year and see how it shakes out and go from there.
*** The $1.5 million donation by former Hurricane Ken Hunt when the team was 6-5 partly because of Hunt's belief in Golden meant a lot to Blake James and the administration. Hunt's donation is the largest by a former Hurricane player.
*** Golden has not yet had his end-of-the-season press conference and will not have it this week according to UM media relations. The plan is to have it sometime next week although a date has not been set.
*** Just wanted to add this... I have not seen this kind of negativity surrounding the program in the offseason and I just don't see how the program can endure this for the next nine months. But I guess it's never as bad as it seems and time could change some things. However, regardless of the negativity surrounding the fan base, I honestly think James, Golden, UM personnel, and the administration think fans and even media are being "typical Miami fans" and that everyone is unhappy for no reason and that not enough patience is being showed for a program that had an NCAA cloud for the first 2-3 years since Golden took over.

What the **** is this ****?

Besides it means Golden will be around for 2015, what is the issue with the content?

The content

The idea that miami is afraid of buying out a second coach next year is the biggest pile of bull**** I've ever heard. No one would anticipate firing a coach after one year, new president or not. What a joke of a report.

Advertisement
What is a typical Miami fan exactly?

We're like fans of any other big time college football program with any history of winning. Passionate, loyal, and outraged when a coach goes 6-7 in his fourth year on the job and doesn't get fired by an inept, complacent, cheap administration.

But the powers that be at Miami view us as radical nutcases because they haven't paid attention to the college football boom that's taken place over the past 10+ years. They're disturbingly detached from reality if they think our outrage is unique. We're mild compared to what fans of SEC programs or other traditional powers with larger alumni bases would be doing in a similar situation.

Like what Michigan students did at the president's house?

The idea that miami is afraid of buying out a second coach next year is the biggest pile of bull**** I've ever heard. No one would anticipate firing a coach after one year, new president or not. What a joke of a report.

I bet Butch would sign without a buyout.

Advertisement
So basically shala doesn't want to go out with firing a coach.

Why does it matter what she wants? If the Board had balls and wanted to make a statement they would make this simple decision. Shalala is gone and is a lame duck. Her power is gone. Time for someone to step up and lead.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back