Here to eat my crow

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Major Applewhite was not named offensive coordinator today contrary to what I reported last week so I’m here to face the music and take my L like a man.

I had three program sources who I trust telling me it was a done deal last Thursday and reporter Josh White confirmed what we were hearing a few days later. It didn’t work out. We got got and either were oversold on the “doneness” of the deal or caught a smokescreen in an entirely wild hiring process that had dozens of them. Only a few people know the answer to that.

I don’t see the craziness of the past two weeks occurring again anytime soon, so I’d trust those same sources right now. If you’ve been following along day-to-day since the beginning, you know I’ve been bringing consistently accurate info to the site. That’s not going to change and I’m going to continue to bring the heat in the future.

Congrats to coach Enos and his new staff. We at CIS wish them the best in the last month of recruiting and into the future. Mat drills start at 6 am.

Go Canes

Stef

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hey man this was a wild search and to poach Bama shows how much of a baller Diaz is .

Props on taking the L like a man.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Reporters get played all the time when administrations are trying to keep things under wraps. And for all we know the deal was probably close to done until they heard Enos was open to moving.

You're still good in my book Stefan. Coaching hires are very similar to recruiting in its fluidity. Everybody makes mistakes. Keep up the good work my boy. ✊

Major Applewhite was not named offensive coordinator today contrary to what I reported last week so I’m here to face the music and take my L like a man.

I had three program sources who I trust telling me it was a done deal last Thursday and reporter Josh White confirmed what we were hearing a few days later. It didn’t work out. We got got and either were oversold on the “doneness” of the deal or caught a smokescreen in an entirely wild hiring process that had dozens of them. Only a few people know the answer to that.

I don’t see the craziness of the past two weeks occurring again anytime soon, so I’d trust those same sources right now. If you’ve been following along day-to-day since the beginning, you know I’ve been bringing consistently accurate info to the site. That’s not going to change and I’m going to continue to bring the heat in the future.

Congrats to coach Enos and his new staff. We at CIS wish them the best in the last month of recruiting and into the future. Mat drills start at 6 am.

Go Canes

Stef
New member to the site and actually started following to keep up with OC rumors. You may have been wrong, but I will say that I personally appreciated the updates. I understand rumors are rumors until they are not, but I still wanted to know them. Thanks for your reporting during all of this craziness.

Advertisement
Back