Here is a stat that will surprise some people

And again since 2015? I suspect even further a fall down the list.
Based on the top 5 of Miami,Bama,Iowa,Uf and Fsu on the 2010 list

Since 2015
Florida - 5(1 1st rd)
FSU- 5(1 1st rd)
Alabama - 4
Iowa -4(1 1st rd)
Miami - 3(1 1st rd)

Edit*
Some more teams
Ohio state - 4(2 1st rd)
Utah - 4(1 1st rd)
Notre dame -3 (3 1st rd)
Wisconsin -2 (1 1st rd)
Michigan- 2

Last edited:
Advertisement
Linder is the highest paid center in NFL history. Bryant McKinnie and Chris Myers made Pro Bowls.

By comparison, Alabama has only produced one Pro Bowl OL since 2002 (Evan Mathis).

We aren’t OL U. That’s Wisconsin or Iowa. But our front-line talent is miles ahead of what people think.

In regards to Bama only sending one guy to the pro bowl even though they have one of the best OLs in college. Do you think part of that is because so many OL guys for Bama are on gear? They dominate all the other college DL that are natural in college, but once they reach the NFL and everyone is taking the same **** and evens the playing field. The guys no longer dominate like college when they had that edge.

In regards to Bama only sending one guy to the pro bowl even though they have one of the best OLs in college. Do you think part of that is because so many OL guys for Bama are on gear? They dominate all the other college DL that are natural in college, but once they reach the NFL and everyone is taking the same **** and evens the playing field. The guys no longer dominate like college when they had that edge.

Would not surprise me. Their strength and conditioning in general is a huge advantage. They also have an elite medical staff. It is an NFL quality operation.

Advertisement
What grade? The NFC East? Or the ACC Coastal?
Below Clemson. Below Alabama. On the LOS, below the big, strong teams, including LSU, which whupped our **** under Coker and again under Richt. Below Wisconsin, apparently.

Last edited:
The false narrative is suggesting that talent acquisition/evaluation has been as much of a problem the past 20 yrs @ MIA as coaching has. Coaching always takes precedent over everything else. Do you honestly think that a program which has had woefully inept coaching, and has routinely done less with more, deserves or should have more talent? The part of the equation that you just can't seem to grasp, is that inept coaching, actually ends up creating a negative feedback loop when it comes to talent acquisition. How else can you explain the current perception towards MIA amongst our primary recruiting base? Elite players will never willingly go play for a coach or program that fails to properly develop them or put them in the best position to succeed. That's not how recruiting works. Do you know which coach or program can legitimately make an argument about talent acquisition or personnel? How about..Kirk Ferentz & Iowa. In the past 20 yrs they have routinely done more with less. MIA has not earned the right to make a similar claim. To assert or suggest otherwise is simply spreading misinformation & propaganda. Its actually kind of perplexing to see that despite the fact D$ continues to present you with empirical evidence that proves lack of talent @ MIA is a misconception, you unrelentingly still choose to cling to the alternative.
Honestly, I find your post and the thought process behind it to be exactly the type of fan illogic that has stunk around this program like vomit on a drunk for the past two decades. Now you’re arguing that talking about talent somehow means you think it’s more A than B, and you’re not disagreeing that it’s A also, just you really really really want everyone to know that you really really really feel that it’s more B than A. LMAO. Which part of “IT’S BOTH A AND B” do you not understand?

Parsing whether bad coaching is more the problem than talent is like asking whether the death of a guy who falls off the empire state building is more a result of the sidewalk, or cardiac arrest. No one in their right mind has contended the coching has been anything other than atrocious for ages. I sure haven’t. To the contrary, I have been an earlier critic of all of our failed coaches than most on these boards, and probably than you yourself have been. But you seem to think white knighting the talent somehow makes you a super authentic critic of the coaching. You’re making no point worth making, and spinning bullshizzle. And in fact, you and your predecessors on this board have deluded themselves about our recruiting and talent since the Coker era, because you and they felt like super critics of coaching if you just argued the talent is ‘not an issue.’ Well, you’re wromg. It is, and has been.

Our roster talent - ESPECIALLY ON THE LOS - has been insufficient to compete at the TOP LEVEL of cfb. Don’t tell me about the coastal, because that just tells me you’re too dense to discuss this topic. No one is saying our coaching hasn’t sucked, so no one is saying we couldn’t have won the coastal. If that’s your only goal, go root for Georgia Tech. But when people start claiming our OLs have been comparable to Alabama’s, then they’re lost, imo. Not in the real world of cfb they haven’t been. Maybe in fantasy land, Jeff Stoutland and Dan Enos could turn Hayden Mahoney and Jahair Jones into all SEC players. But the other possibility is that folks who believe that are smoking crack. OLs aren’t just an expression of the one guy with future development talent on the unit. They require starters, depth, maturity, experience. And yes, S&C, coaching, scheme and play calling. We’ve had weak links galore, to the point of face plant, and we’ve had to play our best recruits too early, even burning shirts for them, for ages. Why? Because we’ve been desperate because we have lacked experienced and talented bodies on the OL for ages.

If your only point is that our results have been worse than they should have been with our talent, then congrats, you win the captain obvious award attempting to seriously present something everyone in the world knows to be obviously true.

If you believe that our talent has been sufficient to win big in cfb, then you are delusional.

All you have to do is look at our own team’s NFL results to see the talent drop off. 19 first round pics on our last title team. ZERO first round picks from ‘09 thru ‘14. But hey, guySm, the talent hasn’t gone anywhere, it’s just coaching. Blah blah.

Everyone in their right mind knows that Miami’s talent level has declined materially from our title era to the past era of crap coaches.

Last edited:
Holder? Long snapper?
I would assume he meant than regular starting units, not the folks you mentioned. But you are free to ask if you think it’s worth the debate. IMO few would contend that OL are the most athletic players on the field.

Advertisement

Not a surprise to those who been paying attention, i told people way back when that coach shannon's best class was that 2010 class because it was his most physical class, i said that back than and people laughed, but what was always comical to me was how could a class full of wide receivers and linebackers(2008)be rated the #1 class, pure stupidity. Also art kehoe has always been putting in work, which is where coach richt went wrong, but at least 14 on that list was coachec by coach kehoe, its what he does!

Not me...I tried telling folks Kehoe was a **** good coach man...I know those are not all of his coached lineman but Art could really coach.

Not a surprise to those who been paying attention, i told people way back when that coach shannon's best class was that 2010 class because it was his most physical class, i said that back than and people laughed, but what was always comical to me was how could a class full of wide receivers and linebackers(2008)be rated the #1 class, pure stupidity. Also art kehoe has always been putting in work, which is where coach richt went wrong, but at least 14 on that list was coachec by coach kehoe, its what he does!
LMAO @ art kehoe. His lines since the coker era were generally bad and his recruiting was mostly oh **** here’s a canadian. If this site is tryna rehabilitate Kehoe, wow. Next thing you know, people will start calling for us to bring back Swasey and Coker, followed by Dorito, Franklin, Williams and Alfraud Gluten.

Re the ‘08 class, iirc, it ended up 3 not 1, but whatever it was, it was overrated. Too many scholarships given to kids who werent well evaluated, and who didn’t end up contributing much or anything.

The worst class, though, by FAR was Coker’s ‘04 class, which was also a top 3 nationally rated class. It was the original sin disaster that cratered our roster, leading to holes and imbalances we never properly addressed over the ensuing years. 30+ kids, only 1 who was good at UM. Just a total train wreck of terrible evaluations.

Talent is not the issue. Our units struggle because of scheme, physical development and coaching. Those are things we can change and need to change.
^^^^This right here is the truth.

We see poor play by the O line and instantly blame them, the individuals. In reality, most of the real blame goes to the coaching. We've been making D lines look better than they really are.

Advertisement
how many are those guys elite? would like to see the top 5 teams numbers on pro bowlers and stuff like that, I know i wont search for it but someone will

The numbers would be very different, I’d guess, if it was “players taken in the first 3 rounds.”

Still, it is a very meaningful stat. As Ro pointed out, we had as much (more actually) “star power” talent on our OLine last year as Tigger. We just haven’t had the coaching and the offensive scheme.

Talent on the field has never been our problem.

Advertisement
We have had some elite OL. What we haven’t had is 5 good ones at the same time who were tough and in a scheme that complimented their talents. Ditto our NFL numbers still staying up there. The numbers are very good relative to other programs but still just a small subset of what our teams have been comprised of. I’ve never felt confident in just lining up and getting a tough yard as a Miami fan.

The OL talent has been poor. They can certainly be better with Enos, but this is not the early 2010s when we had legitimate beasts who never looked that great because they were playing for Kehoe.

Last year we were playing guys like jahair Jones, hayden mahoney, and tyler gauthier. They were absolutely horrible. Weak, small, and couldn’t move anyone.The only players with talent were freshman and sophomores. It was a **** show.

Advertisement
Back