HERE IS A SENARIO

Advertisement
Wait, King's running saved us, largely because his passing game stinks, yet you slam TVD for a few plays in garbage time against #1 Alabama? In one breath you bash TVD for running, in the next you praise King for running.
Looked pretty bad against NC last year in mop up time. I see a bit of a pattern developing here.

First they will never bench King unless he’s hurt and second Van Dyke is a game manager, if you want some energy you play Garcia. But they will never do that and I’ll make a bet when it comes to VanDyke and Garcia they will select Garcia based upon the same 💩 they play other guys over more athletic ones, **** age
If you're saying TVD is more athletic then Garcia that may be true running a 40, but in the pocket Garcia is way more mobile.

Advertisement
As much as I hate to say it, Ashley is no Mullen (Dan/Dork, OC for Meyer at Utah and UF).

Meaning Dork proved to be more than just someone’s OC.

But seriously, F-Mullen, and F-Florida!

Wait, King's running saved us, largely because his passing game stinks, yet you slam TVD for a few plays in garbage time against #1 Alabama? In one breath you bash TVD for running, in the next you praise King for running.
First, i'm not bashing TVD, he just didn't look ready to even run a play well. It wasn't against Bama first team and it wasn't like he was rushed. Thats all. I agree that King's passing wasn't great, we had some drops also. But at least when his passing isn't great, he has legs to help. Kinda like Rosier. When TVD and Garcia can't throw, as they probably won't, we will be fcuked.

Advertisement
Like I said a pattern developing here. The NC game he was real stone footed taking a sack and on another play he threw the ball way behind his open WR.
A handful of plays is not much of a sample though.

I say let both TVD and Garcia get significant reps, full offense, against Central Conn. Start there.

You don't remove your super senior, 24 year old QB just because he's running at like 90%. That's buffoonery. This isn't NCAA14.

Another year where I ask why did we never purchased a SEEKER from Monarc Sports. I guess scout team QBs are good enough.

Season 2 Laughing GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Our WRs keep dropping rudimentary passes like they don't even practice catching the football sometimes. Lashlee keeps gameplanning like he writes it up on a ****tail napkin the night before and he's running cheese plays from NCAA14 even though IRL, his QB can't really run it effectively.

Just a mess.

I had a conversation yesterday about King. He raised our floor so much. We loved it because of what we had been working with before him. He was right for the time, we needed him. He’s probably the best option for us right now but his ceiling isn’t super high. Last year was the first year in what seemed like an eternity where it seemed like we beat all of the teams we were supposed to beat. I thank King for that, but we can’t be anything more than ‘good’ with him. To be honest I’d rather stick with King, and if he struggles profusely Manny hangs.
I’m not sure I can agree with that. The drops Hes had to deal with would make any qb look pedestrian.

Making a change would take balls, something they have shown were clipped long ago.

Instead of making changes at halftime I think he prepares his postgame rubbishy interview answers

Advertisement
I'm ok exploring QB options after this game. And only if TVD or Garcia have the green light to sling that thing. No more passive stuff.

You don't remove your super senior, 24 year old QB just because he's running at like 90%. That's buffoonery. This isn't NCAA14.

Another year where I ask why did we never purchased a SEEKER from Monarc Sports. I guess scout team QBs are good enough.

Season 2 Laughing GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Our WRs keep dropping rudimentary passes like they don't even practice catching the football sometimes. Lashlee keeps gameplanning like he writes it up on a ****tail napkin the night before and he's running cheese plays from NCAA14 even though IRL, his QB can't really run it effectively.

Just a mess.
King has to deal with horrible drops at the worst times. Lashlee has had to deal with his QBs often wrong reads. Both issues cause these guys to look worse than they are.

Advertisement
But what about Kings intangibles, leadership, maturity experience, and composer. Oh, almost forgot his competitiveness and desire to win.

Edit: forgot to mention Kings poise
King was rattled on Saturday. For the first time in his career visibly rattled

I bet Dabo or Saban wouldn't hesitate, but real talk if he's not 100% then rest until you are 100%

Advertisement
Back