HERE IS A SENARIO

Odysseus

Freshman
If King starts slow like he did at QB yesterday in this game against Michigan State do you make a change. For me i give him one quarter if he looks like he did yesterday I don't care what the score is we have to go in a different direction just for this game at least. TVD or Garcia to bring energy

Advertisement
If King starts slow like he did at QB yesterday in this game against Michigan State do you make a change. For me i give him one quarter if he looks like he did yesterday I don't care what the score is we have to go in a different direction just for this game at least. TVD or Garcia to bring energy
Completely agree. Lashlee is coaching for his future. This is a no brainer. Show promise with a freshman QB. Your head coaching dreams are still in play

Advertisement
First they will never bench King unless he’s hurt and second Van Dyke is a game manager, if you want some energy you play Garcia. But they will never do that and I’ll make a bet when it comes to VanDyke and Garcia they will select Garcia based upon the same 💩 they play other guys over more athletic ones, **** age

Yes, 1-2 drives to show something

Advertisement
I had a conversation yesterday about King. He raised our floor so much. We loved it because of what we had been working with before him. He was right for the time, we needed him. He’s probably the best option for us right now but his ceiling isn’t super high. Last year was the first year in what seemed like an eternity where it seemed like we beat all of the teams we were supposed to beat. I thank King for that, but we can’t be anything more than ‘good’ with him. To be honest I’d rather stick with King, and if he struggles profusely Manny hangs.

SMU hasn't skipped a beat since he left...if anything, they're even better...
True, that’s offense he ran was the HC’s (can’t remember his name). But Lashlee was well thought of, and I remember some here talked about HC jobs for him and he was on a short timeline here at Miami.

Advertisement
First they will never bench King unless he’s hurt and second Van Dyke is a game manager, if you want some energy you play Garcia. But they will never do that and I’ll make a bet when it comes to VanDyke and Garcia they will select Garcia based upon the same 💩 they play other guys over more athletic ones, **** age
A game manager isn't a bad thing if the QB can actually see the **** field and deliver the ball where it needs to go. Beats the crap out of electric, but not plugged in.

What of the 3-4 snaps TVD took against Bama in garbage time where he immediately just ran without looking at a second receiver makes it look like we want him in there? King may not be looking good but he should be better in time after recovery and his running yesterday helped save us. Something the others won't bring.

I had a conversation yesterday about King. He raised our floor so much. We loved it because of what we had been working with before him. He was right for the time, we needed him. He’s probably the best option for us right now but his ceiling isn’t super high. Last year was the first year in what seemed like an eternity where it seemed like we beat all of the teams we were supposed to beat. I thank King for that, but we can’t be anything more than ‘good’ with him. To be honest I’d rather stick with King, and if he struggles profusely Manny hangs.
Every ceiling seems high when King walks in the door.

Advertisement
What of the 3-4 snaps TVD took against Bama in garbage time where he immediately just ran without looking at a second receiver makes it look like we want him in there? King may not be looking good but he should be better in time after recovery and his running yesterday helped save us. Something the others won't bring.
Wait, King's running saved us, largely because his passing game stinks, yet you slam TVD for a few plays in garbage time against #1 Alabama? In one breath you bash TVD for running, in the next you praise King for running.

But what about Kings intangibles, leadership, maturity experience, and composer. Oh, almost forgot his competitiveness and desire to win.

Edit: forgot to mention Kings poise

Last edited:
Wait, King's running saved us, largely because his passing game stinks, yet you slam TVD for a few plays in garbage time against #1 Alabama? In one breath you bash TVD for running, in the next you praise King for running.
Yes

Advertisement
Back