Here’s how you know if it’s really TNM

wushah

Junior
The way you know whether this is TNM under Diaz or not isn’t by one play, one series, or one game. It’s a culture shift.

The hallmark of successful people and teams is whether they continue to care, cont to hustle, and, most importantly, do they have grit.

Do the players come back, stay focused, stay in the weight and film rooms?

Do they continue to take coaching and improve in practice, and do they practice like champions?

Do they have the fortitude and grit, some built in offseason conditioning, some built during the season, to overcome adversity?

That’s how you really know if it’s TNM. That’s what I want to see.

Advertisement
****, they were focused until the last play yesterday. I said the only thing i wanted to see was 60 minutes of pure effort and I got my wish.

My biggest disappointment was JT4. That fumble and dropped touchdown just haunt me.

My biggest optimistic takeaway is that this offensive line now has experience against a decent defensive line, especially the ends. Hopefully that makes them better for the next game.

Not talking about wholesale changes after one game but the big difference I want to see is Manny continuing to adapt.

The biggest difference between Mannys defense and Richts offense was always Manny trying new things for an advantage. It wasn’t always pretty but Manny never settled.

Does that continue now that’s he’s “the man”?

Time will tell.

UNC will tell us a lot.

Bandy was interviewed on the post game by DBagJr and he said that he is hopeful for this year - thinks they don’t lose another game. He said in years past, if this loss happens, lot of the guys would have a “oh well” reaction (i.e. accepting losing) but this year there were a lot of ****ed off guys (some crying) about the loss and he says losing is just not acceptable with this team. I’m paraphrasing and it could be just talk - nothing - or it could be something. UNC will go a long way to show us which one.

Advertisement
Need to see major improvement from Williams in week 2... he took a lot of unnecessary sacks and had multiple fumbles due to just not being decisive.

Needs to make a big jump against NC. You have to wonder if Kosi with his experience would have made a difference in that last drive.

Then on the last play to lose focus on snap smh. Enos better not take it easy in film room.

o line needs help from a play calling standpoint and that’s on Enos. Lots of chips in the first half and then none in the second smh.

Need to see major improvement from Williams in week 2... he took a lot of unnecessary sacks and had multiple fumbles due to just not being decisive.

Needs to make a big jump against NC. You have to wonder if Kosi with his experience would have made a difference in that last drive.

Then on the last play to lose focus on snap smh. Enos better not take it easy in film room.

o line needs help from a play calling standpoint and that’s on Enos. Lots of chips in the first half and then none in the second smh.
Williams did a good job in my opinion. Obviously needs to get rid of the ball quicker but the boy was on target with most of his throws. Reads through his progressions and is poised in the pocket. Im hopeful in what I saw from the offense. I expect to see this team grow over the next few games. This is a new offense and it will take a few games before they are operating on all cylinders. Mark my words, we will come out against UNC and beat the breaks off of them.

Advertisement
The gimmicks are getting old. WeFense, Deserve Victory, TNM...

Just come out and get it done.

the way u know if its the new miami check the recruiting class ranking on national signing day thats how UGA knew they had found a serious coach, thats how FSU knew with Fisher thats how Bama knew with Saban thats how OSU knew with Meyer. Thats every good sign of someone who wants to win u check the recruiting class where they kill it on the trail its not rocket science

This game had every opportunity to become LSU of last year. We only got 3 on that first really nice drive. Then they hit a long TD, we then punt. Then they have a long drive going for what looks like more points and we get a TO. There were a few moments last night when I thought 'oh boy here we go again we cannot do anything on O and they keep getting into possible position to score". But we kept getting stops like our D does. Then we hit a few plays on O to take a lead. That was a pretty good battle. I cannot imagine either team is actually happy with their performance, obviously they are happy with a W. But they cannot be happy with their performance either. Sometimes you are happy to grind out a W.
The question from here is exactly what you said OP. Do they keep fighting? Do they keep improving? Do they stand by one another when everyone around them is pointing fingers and saying change this or change that. I for one am not ready to say it is TNM, or that this staff is no different from the past staffs. I think we can win a lot of games with this roster of players. IF they will stand by one another and keep fighting to get better EVERY day.

Oh and we need to ramp up the physicality of practices. The tackling in general was soft last night. Only one way to fix that.

Advertisement
Oh and we need to ramp up the physicality of practices. The tackling in general was soft last night. Only one way to fix that.
The only problem with this part is we are so paper thin in some positions that we can't afford to lose any of our guys to injuries. Practicing tackling drills against dummies can't truly imitate real running backs. Bags don't break tackles. Ones need to rush ones on linemen drills. If our DE's are suppose to be elite and you practice against them every day, there's no way what happened against Florida should have happened. Or maybe it did in the 1st half of the 2nd scrimmage and that's why Manny was not happy with the offense.

the way u know if its the new miami check the recruiting class ranking on national signing day thats how UGA knew they had found a serious coach, thats how FSU knew with Fisher thats how Bama knew with Saban thats how OSU knew with Meyer. Thats every good sign of someone who wants to win u check the recruiting class where they kill it on the trail its not rocket science
FACTS

****, they were focused until the last play yesterday. I said the only thing i wanted to see was 60 minutes of pure effort and I got my wish.

My biggest disappointment was JT4. That fumble and dropped touchdown just haunt me.

My biggest optimistic takeaway is that this offensive line now has experience against a decent defensive line, especially the ends. Hopefully that makes them better for the next game.
I think it will help Enos too. Going forward he needs a plan on how to help the tackles because they obviously aren't very good yet.

Advertisement

It's the classic chicken/ egg scenario. Saban was a winner before coming to Bama as was Meyer. They were both going to bring in talent the moment they set foot on campus. Both had won NCs elsewhere.

Smart, and this is just my $.02, accelerated his ascent in the recruiting world by paying recruits. He is a good recruiter at his baseline, but from what I know, he's used unsavory methods to procure great talent.

Manny needs to win the coastal and then needs to dominate his honeymoon recruiting class of 2020. The march to the top isn't happening in year 1 or 2, but the pieces have to start being stacked.

Rewatching the game. They didn’t beat us and although Jarren made some mistakes he was great for his first game. He drove the ball and scored and put us ahead when we needed it. People keep saying this is bad. We were in a prime time game and was pretty much winning until the end. We’re gonna be ok as long as they keep playing 100% and keep learning.

It's the classic chicken/ egg scenario. Saban was a winner before coming to Bama as was Meyer. They were both going to bring in talent the moment they set foot on campus. Both had won NCs elsewhere.

Smart, and this is just my $.02, accelerated his ascent in the recruiting world by paying recruits. He is a good recruiter at his baseline, but from what I know, he's used unsavory methods to procure great talent.

Manny needs to win the coastal and then needs to dominate his honeymoon recruiting class of 2020. The march to the top isn't happening in year 1 or 2, but the pieces have to start being stacked.
Your right about *** and Saban but they pay kids too just because they win doesnt excuse them, if billy bob coached Syracuse and paid more top dollar then Bama people would go there its just how it is, also MD needs to close on elite guys on NSD thats a big deal to me and how he ends the year has nothing to do with how he closes before people make excuses.

UNC will tell us a lot.

Bandy was interviewed on the post game by DBagJr and he said that he is hopeful for this year - thinks they don’t lose another game. He said in years past, if this loss happens, lot of the guys would have a “oh well” reaction (i.e. accepting losing) but this year there were a lot of ****ed off guys (some crying) about the loss and he says losing is just not acceptable with this team. I’m paraphrasing and it could be just talk - nothing - or it could be something. UNC will go a long way to show us which one.

Nice hearing that from Bandy. He is one of the leaders on defense and plays like it. These are the type of guys we need in the locker room, like we used to have with the Ed Reeds, etc.

Advertisement
Back