Herbstreit tells FSU that karma is a b*tch

Advertisement
Anyone who’s followed Herbie since the inception of Gameday knows he’s always had a soft spot for The U, which is odd considering he’s a former Buckeye. Even though he followed it up by saying he’s “always liked the Noles” I think he was just being politically correct because deep down I’ve always got the impression he hates them. I still remember way back in the day when he used to pick Miami to contend for the National Championship when nobody else gave us a snowball’s chance 😂.
The UM teams that Herbie remembers from his playing days had lots of admirers who played for other schools and wished they had played at UM.
UM was the coolest thing going for a long period of time. We were like Georgetown and UNLV basketball in the 80’s and the Fab Five in the 90’s.
This is also what Mario remembers from his playing days and wants to get back to.

SIAP but this is too good not to repost.

"Its funny when FSU went ahead of The U in 2000 after Dorsey and the boys beat the Noles and FSU went instead of a deserving Canes team to the BCS Championship where they lost to Oklahoma I didn’t hear from all of you about the system being rigged and it’s not fair. You were big fans of the turnout back then-of course most of you, in this despicable lunatic fringe, probably didn’t even know about 2000 when the Noles got the benefit over a GREAT Miami team! "

- Kirk Herbstreit
da gawd is back baby

Excited Ric Flair GIF

And, we all know that Miami team would’ve gone balls deep up in that Sooner squad and won the title.

... just like we also know any of the top four would eat Florida State's lunch, just like Georgia will in the Orange Bowl. Total frauds without Jordan Travis.

Advertisement
The fact that fsu got shutout was a factor in this years decision. Maybe they should vent unto their own team for sucking in that bowl game, one of the worse ever!

And, we all know that Miami team would’ve gone balls deep up in that Sooner squad and won the title.
Instead, FSU went in fat, bloated, and acting like them just being there would be enough to beat Oklahoma. OU, to their credit, at least showed the **** up. FSU didn't. All that crying about deserving a shot, then they didn't even freaking take it. That was the most pathetic, lifeless O I have ever seen from a team playing for a title.

And yes, Miami would have been far more motivated to win that **** game. We would have shown up looking to beat the snot out of OU, just like we showed up to beat the snot out of Florida. FSU was literally out of shape going into that game. They looked like they had spent a month at the buffet, followed by a few nights of heavy drinking. Just a pathetic attempt to "win" a title. All they did was lose one for us. Remember, we more than likely win a split title with our performance against UF, if FSU won.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That is a really bad look for Herbie. Not jumping up and down on the sideline at the OSU - UM Fiesta Bowl bad, but bad nonetheless

What's the bad look? Telling a recruit he shouldnt be a frontrunner and that considering other schools besides UGA is a good idea?

Advertisement
This might be an issue if the context were different. Dylan's father was big-time at Nebraska and his uncle (Dominic) is on staff at Nebraska, which adds necessary context to the "Kirk sold Dylan on Nebraska" or whatever the story is.

Besides the excerpted quote that is catching headlines, what exactly did Kirk tell the kid?

Furthermore, how is what Kirk possibly said any different than when other talking heads say on air kid x or kid y should consider going to this SEC school to prove his abilities?

I think it would be an issue if Kirk were trying to convince the kid to go to UGA and keep pushing the SEC narrative.

Advertisement
Back