Herbstreit tells FSU that karma is a b*tch

Handsome Squidbum

The Strongest Steel is Forged in Dumpster Fires
Premium
SIAP but this is too good not to repost.

"Its funny when FSU went ahead of The U in 2000 after Dorsey and the boys beat the Noles and FSU went instead of a deserving Canes team to the BCS Championship where they lost to Oklahoma I didn’t hear from all of you about the system being rigged and it’s not fair. You were big fans of the turnout back then-of course most of you, in this despicable lunatic fringe, probably didn’t even know about 2000 when the Noles got the benefit over a GREAT Miami team! "

- Kirk Herbstreit

Advertisement
SIAP but this is too good not to repost.

"Its funny when FSU went ahead of The U in 2000 after Dorsey and the boys beat the Noles and FSU went instead of a deserving Canes team to the BCS Championship where they lost to Oklahoma I didn’t hear from all of you about the system being rigged and it’s not fair. You were big fans of the turnout back then-of course most of you, in this despicable lunatic fringe, probably didn’t even know about 2000 when the Noles got the benefit over a GREAT Miami team! "

- Kirk Herbstreit

And, we all know that Miami team would’ve gone balls deep up in that Sooner squad and won the title.

Im Not Surprised Nate Diaz GIF by UFC

Advertisement
Advertisement
Herbie isn't lying, that's for **** sure.

On a personal level as a Canes fanl, I think it's funny they got left out. Having had the same thing happen to us in a sense, I know that feeling though. It sucks, I didn't like it then and I don't like the selection of Bama being added now.

Do I think FSU would've stood a chance, I don't think so without Travis. They still deserved the shot though. They would've gotten it against Michigan and I'm not a believer in that team. I also think their sign stealing deserved more than Harbaugh being suspended. Lastly, no I don't think they're the only ones to have done this, but they also admitted to part of it.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Advertisement
Anyone who’s followed Herbie since the inception of Gameday knows he’s always had a soft spot for The U, which is odd considering he’s a former Buckeye. Even though he followed it up by saying he’s “always liked the Noles” I think he was just being politically correct because deep down I’ve always got the impression he hates them. I still remember way back in the day when he used to pick Miami to contend for the National Championship when nobody else gave us a snowball’s chance 😂.

Anyone who’s followed Herbie since the inception of Gameday knows he’s always had a soft spot for The U, which is odd considering he’s a former Buckeye. Even though he followed it up by saying he’s “always liked the Noles” I think he was just being politically correct because deep down I’ve always got the impression he hates them. I still remember way back in the day when he used to pick Miami to contend for the National Championship when nobody else gave us a snowball’s chance 😂.
Almost to a fault, because we didn't have a snowballs chance lol

Advertisement
Kirk has done us a lot of good over the years as has been well documented.

But my question is how is he going to feel when OSU gets screwed by a last second call? And second it’s my opinion that like everything else in life it all comes down to money. ESPN and the SEC are sleeping together and don’t forget that for a second. FSU goer screwed because of that.

Kirk has done us a lot of good over the years as has been well documented.

But my question is how is he going to feel when OSU gets screwed by a last second call? And second it’s my opinion that like everything else in life it all comes down to money. ESPN and the SEC are sleeping together and don’t forget that for a second. FSU goer screwed because of that.
Or quite simply, they thought Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon, etc would have a better chance to win a playoff game. Vegas odds would back this assertion up as well. Michigan opened +2.5 against Alabama. FSU would have been a double digit dog.

Advertisement
Back